All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Your favorite guitar player, other then Randy or Jimi
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:25 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Alex wrote:
joekidd wrote:
where's my Sharpie, dammit?! :lol:

You'll have to ask Lieutenant Frank Drebin.

Hey it´s Enrico Pallazzo!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:53 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

There are quite a few! Ones that have been life changing are: Chet Atkins, Allan Holdsworth, Django Reinhardt, John 5, Johnny A, Carlos Bonell, Marcelo Kayeth, Julian Bream, Jeff Healey, Howards Allan, Paco de Lucia, Roy Marchbaank and Jimmy Page!

All the above I love dearly!

Matt

I am away for a while concentrating on music; if you need to get in contact please follow the link above. Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:50 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

gonzoUS wrote:
Michael Schenker...

Yes!

I know a certain generation of guitar players think of 'the big three' as Page, Clapton, Hendrix although sometimes Beck gets substituted for one or just added to make four. For me, the big three have always been Rhoads, Schenker, Malmsteen. Although I loved EVH too, I could never figure out what he was doing and I didn't have a bar until years later, so he was an influence and a fave, but not as much of a teacher. I picked Le Tekro because he is just so quirky in his playing - time signatures and phrasing - but also melodic and I followed his career up until just before the last 2 TNT albums to see what crazy thing (that still sounded cool to my ears) he was going to do next.

As for Hendrix, I wasn't there when he was breaking ground and I understand his influence from an objective point of view, but subjectively, I really only like a handful of his work. When I watched that video from Monterey Pop where he lit his guitar, I got a sense of the excitement he caused at first. As a performer and musician, he could be amazing at times. But I honestly could not watch all of the Woodstock or Isle of Wight videos because it just hurt my ears. If I had to pick a big 3 from that generation (who I got into later) it would be Beck, West and Kossoff.