It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Abbey Road
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:53 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

August 8th, 2009... today marks the 40th anniversary of the Album Abbey Road by the greatest band, The Beatles. Today isnt the day of release but the day they shot the album cover. Just something i thought i should bring up..... Heres the link of the article with some pics of the event

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... G2?index=0

-27 years later you're still my guitar hero

RIP RR
1956-1982

Post subject: Re: Abbey Road
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:23 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

off topic, but i have 3 out of the 4 beatles autographed and authenticated by one of the worlds best beatles authenticators.

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:11 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

This album has changed my life...no joke. I dont look at music the same was I used to after I had first listened to Abbey Road. The album is pure brilliance

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:06 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Ringo <3 :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:51 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Yeah i love all the beatles music.... Funny how everyone always tries to find meanings of their album covers. You know the couple who owns that beetle on the left stated that the license plate was constanly stolen and now the vehicle is in The Museum of Beetles.

Oh and Paul McCartney just played 3 hour long shows at Fenway Park...... If only i could have been there. Sad to think only two beatles are left after George and John passed. And Paul is 67 and he said hes taking a break after his world tour...... Hopefully ill be able to see Paul or Ringo perform someday.

RIP RR
1956-1982

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:06 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

TKenn wrote:
Yeah i love all the beatles music.... Funny how everyone always tries to find meanings of their album covers. You know the couple who owns that beetle on the left stated that the license plate was constanly stolen and now the vehicle is in The Museum of Beetles.

Oh and Paul McCartney just played 3 hour long shows at Fenway Park...... If only i could have been there. Sad to think only two beatles are left after George and John passed. And Paul is 67 and he said hes taking a break after his world tour...... Hopefully ill be able to see Paul or Ringo perform someday.

Macca played in Maryland about a week ago. I would have went, but tix were expensive as hell. Paul said that he wasnt retiring which is good. I wish he would plays smaller venues. If that were the case id see him in a heartbeat. Ringo on the other hand, hes kind of an asshole. Doesnt want to sign autographs anymore and whatnot. Seems like he takes all that beatles fame for granted, that or just bitter that he had the least successful solo career out of the 4 of them.

I too like all of the beatles stuff, but I mainly focus on Revolver on. I also have a ton of sessions from the later years that are good stuff. Like I said though, Abbey Road changed the way I look at music. Ive never had an album or band for that matter have that kind of effect on me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:45 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

yeah and on 09/09/09 the Beatles Remastered versions are coming out of all their albums and that includes documentaries on how each album and songs were made... Its coming out in a jumbo set that im gonna have to buy.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... er-9-2009/

And Apparently on April 4th... Paul and Ringo performed together and i missed it :(

RIP RR
1956-1982

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:55 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

TKenn wrote:
yeah and on 09/09/09 the Beatles Remastered versions are coming out of all their albums and that includes documentaries on how each album and songs were made... Its coming out in a jumbo set that im gonna have to buy.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... er-9-2009/

And Apparently on April 4th... Paul and Ringo performed together and i missed it :(

yeah im really pumped for the box sets to come out. You can already get a sneak peak of what beatles track sound like digitally remastered by listening to 'Love'.

they are releasing the albums in mono as well, which im looking forward to. I have Revolver through the White Album in mono straight from the LP's and the mono mixes are great. The mixes are pretty different than the stereo mixes that are more common

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:07 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Yeah i have Love.... Very good CD... its pretty sweet how it constantly fades into each song. But Hey Ibanez, do you know how much the price is going to on it? And their selling both Stereo and Mono sets??

RIP RR
1956-1982

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:41 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

TKenn wrote:
Yeah i have Love.... Very good CD... its pretty sweet how it constantly fades into each song. But Hey Ibanez, do you know how much the price is going to on it? And their selling both Stereo and Mono sets??

You can get the stereo and mono in box sets. I believe I read somewhere around 200 bucks per set. As for individual CD's, you may be looking at the price of a regular CD (20 bucks-ish). May want to check the beatles site to see if they have anything in regards to actual prices

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:26 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Yeah i checked around and the mono set is more money than the stereo. But the only thing with the mono is that it doesn't include Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road, and Let It Be because they were recorded in Stereo originally

Stereo:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BS ... d_i=507846

Mono:

RIP RR
1956-1982

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:11 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

TKenn wrote:
Yeah i checked around and the mono set is more money than the stereo. But the only thing with the mono is that it doesn't include Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road, and Let It Be because they were recorded in Stereo originally

Stereo:

Mono:

Technically only 2 songs that are on Yellow Submarine are in mono: All You Need Is Love and Yellow submarine. Ive been pretty stoked about these remasters. The original recording can be a bit 'thin' sounding. With the album Love its great to hear some of the songs cleared up...case in point would be Glass Onion on the Love album. Just listen to Ringo's snare intro on Love them compare it to the White Album. Its like night and day. All the Beatles albums I own are all sourced from the original LP's - mono or stereo...not the stuff that came out when CD's were first released. Vinyl is the way to go dude

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:33 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

yeah im gonna definently have to pick one of these up because if all the songs have the quality that Love has, then it will sound superb. I wonder if they'll be only for a limited time or if they will be sold at stores instead of being only sold online..... But its gonna be a sad say when all the beatles are gone, Paul and Ringo are almost 70! Paul is 67 and Ringo is 69 :shock:

RIP RR
1956-1982

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:21 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

TKenn wrote:
yeah im gonna definently have to pick one of these up because if all the songs have the quality that Love has, then it will sound superb. I wonder if they'll be only for a limited time or if they will be sold at stores instead of being only sold online..... But its gonna be a sad say when all the beatles are gone, Paul and Ringo are almost 70! Paul is 67 and Ringo is 69 :shock:

There's no doubt that they will sound like the tracks on Love do. The engineers at Abbey Road Studios have spent 4 years doing this so the results are going to be amazing. They're having a beatles special on QVC right now, and im tempted to pick up the stero box set

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:18 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

you should've because Im hoping that this isn't going to be hard to get a hold of if you don't pre-order it... im hoping a store like best buy would have it but are these the same engineers that worked on Love? Im tempted about selling my $300 weights to my bro so i have enough dough to buy this.....this is a slight hole that is gonna be put on my wallet but its 100% worth it in my mind

RIP RR
1956-1982

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:22 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

TKenn wrote:
you should've because Im hoping that this isn't going to be hard to get a hold of if you don't pre-order it... im hoping a store like best buy would have it but are these the same engineers that worked on Love? Im tempted about selling my $300 weights to my bro so i have enough dough to buy this.....this is a slight hole that is gonna be put on my wallet but its 100% worth it in my mind

George Martin (Beatles producer) and his son were the ones that worked on Love. And possibly some of the people that worked on the remasters. The stereo box set sold out lastnight on QVC so its probably going to be a hard to get item. If push comes to shove ill end up just buying the individual cd's from ebay or best buy. Ill probably get a couple of the older cds (Meet The Beatles and Rubber Soul) but Im definitely getting Revolver on. Do doubt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:14 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Yeah i own an old Vinyl of Introducing the beatles But i wonder how many Beatle Sets they are going to make.... Im hoping i can just go up to best buy on the 9th and have them selling it but im not sure if the carry full Sets like that. Im also going to wait and listen to someone putting the audio on Youtube so i can hear both mono and stereo.

RIP RR
1956-1982

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:43 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

TKenn wrote:
Yeah i own an old Vinyl of Introducing the beatles But i wonder how many Beatle Sets they are going to make.... Im hoping i can just go up to best buy on the 9th and have them selling it but im not sure if the carry full Sets like that. Im also going to wait and listen to someone putting the audio on Youtube so i can hear both mono and stereo.

I can send you a few mono tracks over email if you want. I have Revolver through the White Album in mono...granted the mono versions they are releasing will be remastered as well. But it will give you an idea of what the mono mixes are like

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:23 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
I can send you a few mono tracks over email if you want. I have Revolver through the White Album in mono...granted the mono versions they are releasing will be remastered as well. But it will give you an idea of what the mono mixes are like

Wow Man that would be awesome! Id really Appreciate that! Yeah im really not sure of what the differences of mono compared to stereo are but id like to hear it! Here ill send you my Email in a PM.

RIP RR
1956-1982

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:06 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

I got a hold of the remaster (both stereo and mono mixes) and I must say im listening to the stereo ones right now and they sound alot clearer than whats out there not. That 4 yrs they spent working on these really made a difference. Curiosity got the best of me when I was able to get a hold of these a few days earlier. GOnna buy both boxsets here soon!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:44 am 

Speaking of Beatles, there is also a great article on the making of "Abbey road" in the new issue of Guitar World. Nice timing since the remasters come out Tuesday. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:46 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
Speaking of Beatles, there is also a great article on the making of "Abbey road" in the new issue of Guitar World. Nice timing since the remasters come out Tuesday. 8)

Yes that will be a great article to read.... I cant wait untill this boxset!!! I just bought the collectors Edition of John Lennon and it is a great 3 cd pack with all remastered songs. But what sucks about the new Beatles rock band is that all the kids in school will claim the Beatles are their favorite and probelly say i only like them because of rock band... even though i loved them for years. Ohh well.... if i had to pick a band to be recognized to have a game made out of them... Then the Beatles definently deserve it.

RIP RR
1956-1982

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:34 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:

I saw that and im planning on picking it up here soon! Alot of the tracks were already though out during the Let It Be session (Octopus Garden, She Came In Through The Bathroom Window, Maxwell's Silver Hammer). I have a book that goes into detail about the recording of the album (as well as all the other albums)..day by day and what tracks and what takes were done on those days (whether it been a rehearsal or actual take)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:37 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Last Thursday I pulled the trigger and got me a tattoo. Since the beatles are the soundtrack of my life :lol: it would be fitting get some ink in regards to that. It took about an hour and a half and had to have been the least painful experience of my life. I was expecting it to be alot worse than it was. It only hurt in a few spots. Damn, i love this thing :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:28 pm 

Very cool, Derek. 8) Well done!! The only problem is, once you get one tat you'll want more!!! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:57 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

very cool man, looks great. By any chance have you listened to the remasters yet? Ive been listening to them on youtube a lot. But you tube doesnt have the greatest quality and ruins a lot of the tracks. Personally i still cant find a box set... All of them have been sold out. Hopefully they continue to make them.

RIP RR
1956-1982

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:31 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
Very cool, Derek. 8) Well done!! The only problem is, once you get one tat you'll want more!!! :wink:

Yeah thats what my girlfriend has been telling me. She flew out here lastweek (left today) and witnessed it. She has 5 f her own and wants more :lol: I thought one would be good but I more than likely will get another one.

As for you question Tkenn...yeah ive listened to them. I downloaded them before they came out and gave them a listen and then went out and bought the majority of them. They sound amazing. I wouldnt bother trying to get a hold of the boxset so your best bet would to go buy the individual cd's.