It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 4:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Metallica New Album Cover
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:05 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

i think death magnetic is a stupid phrase. maybe it should of been "death magnet" magnetic?? WTF? anyhow, i can tell you 2 good reasons why the "St.Anger" album and tour made them so much money and put them back on the charts............
1.at that point there was no new material since 1998's Garage inc.(which was all covers as you know so of course no real new material)and then there was the 2 with the symphony -human and no leaf clover in 1999.
so there you have 5 years waiting for new material kinda like between the black album and load. 5 years...... something entirely new. people are just drooling for anything new so matter what the hell it is, it could of been party like its 1999 by metallica and people would of still drooled for it.

2.people heard the st.anger riff and went around saying "YEAH METALLICA WENT BACK TO THERE ROOTS" I remember a guy saying "yeah man get it, the albums heavy as hell" I of course purchased it (i didnt download it, although now i wish i would have) some of metallicas stupidest songs are on that album. Invisible kid????? what the hell is that? Sweet amber???? COME ON METALLICA. I gave the record to my brother after I bought it. i hate it then, i still hate it now, Bob rocks production went out the window on that one, he wanted to serve up metallica "RAW" yeah like pink steak..... I prefer mine WELL DONE! Lars drums sounded like a pepsi can the bass was too floppy and the guitars to me were all over the mix....

what metallica tried to do with that album was follow the trend, take 6 string guitars tune em down as low as you can go and then go from there, they have been tuning low since 1986 master of puppets (thing that should not be, full step down) and 1991 'the god that failed' 'sad but true' and then 5 years later load comes out and every song is tuned down half a step to help with james "deepened voice" which is understandable, on kill em all he sounded like a kid but that gave it energy and the feeling of wanting to take over the fukin world. they tried to go back to there "roots" on st. anger by making heavier songs (TUNING REALLY LOW) but they didnt do that then.

Now, they have rick rubin who has produced all kinds of shiznit notable SLAYER. I think he will instill in Met. the energy they had in the early days. like james hetfield could write lyrics. look at 'some kind of monster' you have to think that all the lyrics came from this guy pretty much up until that album no matter what he went through (his dad dying, rehab, becoming a father) no matter what, hes still james hetfield who came up with amazing lyrics from songs such as MOP, RTL, LEPER MESSIAH, Blackened. all kinds of good lyrics. on the SKOM dvd you see him struggling to get anything down on paper and since they all contributes lyrics they were worse than ever. even load and reloads lyrics were not entirely bad. 'cure' 'outlaw torn' 'until it sleeps' etc. then you got lyrics on St. anger "invisible kid, never knew what he did, falling through the grid" "could i have my wasted days back? would i use them to get back on track? you live it you lie it........you live it you lie it.." like come on hetfield, this is the man who wrote some of the greatest lyrics. what happened to him? hes not the lyricist creative guy he once was, yeah i know the songs may be more personal now and all that, and he probably wrote alot of em in the 80s while being out of his mind, but I wonder what happened to the james hetfield lyric king....know what i mean? i dont know, i love metallica, still my fav band and i love em, i bragged at one point of being able to play at least a part of every metallica song on guitar up until st.anger. i have not learned a riff on that album because alot of em are lame. the only song that has a riff IMO is 'all within my hands" even then, that song gets really annoying, if bob rock were to go up to someone whos looking for a producer and give em st.anger and say "here, this is an album i produced " whoever he gave it to would fire him on the spot. the production is terrible, the mix is terrible, I just hate that album...... this of course is just my opinion, i know they cant be what they were 20 years ago, but james still has it in him to write amazing riffs and lyrics. hes still JAMES HETFIELD no matter what happens.

Metallica with Cliff Burton is the best line up ever, they will never beat those top 3 first albums.

RIP CLIFF
www.cliffburton.net

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:56 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

1. people change.
2.metallica isnt around to serve each fan individually.
3. AJFA is an epic album. by far the most intricate and heavy album by metallica.

Right behind you, I see the millions. On you, I see the glory. From you, I get opinions. From you, I get the story. Listening to you, I get the music. Gazing at you, I get the heat. Following you, I climb the mountain. I get excitement at your feet!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:42 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I personally loved And Justice For All. Bought it on the day it came out and was just blown away by the acrobatic guitar riffing. It's one of the best concept albums of all time. There was some doubt how well they could do it with Cliff gone, but I thought they managed it just fine.

I have seen Hetfield state in interviews that with Death Magnetic he's trying to create the bridge between And Justice For All and The Black Album. I would rather it be between Master of Puppets and AJFA personally, but I'll take what I can get. Hopefully he leans closer to AJFA.

I have always believed they could return to what made them famous and still be progressive. If Rick Rubin can't get the best out of them I don't know who can really. He did a great job with the Slayer albums.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:35 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

yeah you cant go wrong with AJFA.. blackened, dyers eve, frayed ends of sanity...3 of the sickest songs metallica or any other metal band has ever recorded.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:51 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Justice really is a great album. I just wish the production or the mix was better. During that tour, I took a picture of the Justice statue, outside in the back of the arena. It was all taken apart and they were getting ready to set it up for the show. I'm glad I got that shot. I'll try and post it for you guys later today.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:26 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

nice john try to post that pic!!!

i happen to like how the album sounds. you can hear every note clearly, the drums sound pretty decent..yeah the bass guitar is practicaly not there, but it still sounds great without it.

Right behind you, I see the millions. On you, I see the glory. From you, I get opinions. From you, I get the story. Listening to you, I get the music. Gazing at you, I get the heat. Following you, I climb the mountain. I get excitement at your feet!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:27 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

This is a photo of the statue before they set up the stage, at the Providence Civic Center, during the Justice tour.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:05 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

the song list...........

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide
The Unforgiven III
The Judas Kiss
Suicide & Redemption
My Apocalypse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:58 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

nice pic of lady liberty, very cool.

yes that is the song list..one of those songs is an instrumental.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:18 am 

Jeepman wrote:
the song list...........

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide
The Unforgiven III
The Judas Kiss
Suicide & Redemption
My Apocalypse

*? Is that really the track list, Jeepster??? I saw that posted somewhere else but thought it was just someone goofing off... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:28 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
Jeepman wrote:
the song list...........

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide
The Unforgiven III
The Judas Kiss
Suicide & Redemption
My Apocalypse

*? Is that really the track list, Jeepster??? I saw that posted somewhere else but thought it was just someone goofing off... :mrgreen:

as far as I know...yes sir...those are the song titles... :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:09 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:46 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

My Apocalypse is 27 minutes long.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:39 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

cool interview..........thanks Alex *r*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:57 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Cole wrote:

are you serious?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:19 pm 

Cole wrote:

:shock: Holy guacamole!! :shock:

UPDATE: Here's a story about them filming the video for the first single: "The Day That Never Comes." 8)
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=102020

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:18 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

search youtube for "cyanide metallica," and watch them play the new song live. its very good in my opinion. i cant wait to hear the rest of the album.

oh and it sounds like they are playing in Eb, but i heard on the album its all in standard E tuning.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:03 am 

Yes, I watched the vid of the new song performed at Ozzfest this weekend. Audio quality of the YouTube clip isn't all that great, but it sounds very promising, especially compared to the more recent CDs in the last decade or more. :D

I continue to be cautiously optimistic and can't wait for September 12. *r* *r* *r*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:32 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:36 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:04 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

I like the album cover much better than the Load Album cover. I am not sure who had the idea that it would be cool to put Bovine blood and semen and press it between two sheets of plexiglass? Gross....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:40 am 

Alex wrote:
Version shot with two cameras, with pretty good sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6cnq2Gutsw

Not sure if that's the one you saw, Rick. I dig it too though. :D

Yep, this is the video version I saw. The soundboard link you provided does sound much better, Alex. :wink:

I joined Metallica Club this week for the first time ever after they posted the U.S. tour dates so I'll get early access to tickets and the chance at backstage passes at all of them. *yay* I figure that's worth $45. :wink: I've got my eye on about three dates right now that are all an easy drive from here. *r*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:13 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

metallica seems to always tour in europe. are they gonna play the us/canada for this album? also, i doubt the album is gonna be standard E tuning. james claims he cant sing in that key. besides, how they gonna make there songs heavy? for real.... im not saying you cant make a song heavy in standard tuning. tell that to dave mustaine he'll whoop yer ass, but st.anger they tuned so low, if you didnt have the right strings on your guitar or bass that flopped all over the place.

anyhow, MOP Is by far there best album without a doubt, you got everything from the classical influence to the thrashy sound metallica pioneered. yes justice they went into the harmony layers of guitar sound with no bass (AHAHA) they took going to that level to its very end they admitted. i just want james to write some good songs and some good lyrics..

"hammer comes crushing, powerhouse of energy
whipping up the fury we create the battery"

"neverending maze, drift on numbered days, now your life is out of season"

"keep him tied it makes him well, he's getting better, can't u tell?"

i listen to the old stuff all the time and think damn james could write lyrics.
hes got it in him.... im hoping the new stuff is good.

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:05 pm 

CliffDimeRandy wrote:
metallica seems to always tour in europe. are they gonna play the us/canada for this album?

CDR, while you were honeymooning they released the first North American dates for this tour. :wink: They're in a thread I started here:
http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10261
*r* *r* *r*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:56 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

I heard a rumor that Death Magnetic is suppose to be "Better than the Black Album" Says Hetfeild

So.....we can only pray that it is at least better than "Load", "Reload" and "St. Anger"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:08 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Rob2000 wrote:
I heard a rumor that Death Magnetic is suppose to be "Better than the Black Album" Says Hetfeild

So.....we can only pray that it is at least better than "Load", "Reload" and "St. Anger"

'Load' isnt really a bad album, as I sadi earlier. Its got great songs: 'Hero of the Day', 'Aint My Bitch', 'King Nothing', 'Until It Sleeps', and my fav 'Bleeding Me'. I dont think this album will disapoint me at all. Ive been diggin their Maiden cover lately as well

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:12 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
Rob2000 wrote:

'Load' isnt really a bad album, as I sadi earlier. Its got great songs: 'Hero of the Day', 'Aint My Bitch', 'King Nothing', 'Until It Sleeps', and my fav 'Bleeding Me'. I dont think this album will disapoint me at all. Ive been diggin their Maiden cover lately as well

Eh I never really enjoyed the albums I listed....I'm really a fan of the the early sh*t

Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, And Justice for All, and Metallica (AKA The Black Album)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:13 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Jeepman wrote:
the song list...........

That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Broken, Beat & Scarred
The Day That Never Comes
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide
The Unforgiven III
The Judas Kiss
Suicide & Redemption
My Apocalypse

The Unforgiven III?????? What???

I wished it stopped at "The Unforgiven" quite personally

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:35 am 

That is one song title that concerned me a bit. :? However, everything I've heard so far on the Mission: Metallica site has sounded very promising. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:44 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
That is one song title that concerned me a bit. :? However, everything I've heard so far on the Mission: Metallica site has sounded very promising. 8)

Probally fair to say we are in for a ballad song. Unless its balls out rock. We shall see...we shall see

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next