It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Metallica New Album Cover
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:53 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Post subject: Re: Metallica New Album Cover
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:21 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

At first I thought it was hair. :lol:

I guess it looks okay.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:48 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

I guess its supposed to be a metal coffin with pieces of grafite around it. I dot really get what it simbolis's

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:16 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:23 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

yeah it looks good, and has 'metallica' written the old school way again :D

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
http://www.myspace.com/87ben87

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:27 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

i know what the symbol is... that they have finnaly decided to bury themselves for good because of the crap that has come out of their amps for the last 20yrs. Thank you larz and james, really.. Thank You !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:15 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

rrguitar wrote:
i know what the symbol is... that they have finnaly decided to bury themselves for good because of the crap that has come out of their amps for the last 20yrs. Thank you larz and james, really.. Thank You !

wow dude!! that is a bold statement.

Right behind you, I see the millions. On you, I see the glory. From you, I get opinions. From you, I get the story. Listening to you, I get the music. Gazing at you, I get the heat. Following you, I climb the mountain. I get excitement at your feet!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:33 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

The brutal truth is this; when Cliff Burton passed away in September 1986, the band Metallica lost it's animal magnetism.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:08 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Yeah, it's kind of sad. I stopped listening when they came out with Load ...of s**t. I thought the Justice was good, but the production was terrible. Lars' drums sounded like he was beating on Dixie cups. I liked the black album, but it was so overplayed. I completely lost interest.

Think about this too. They were really hungry back during Master of Puppets and "encouraged" their fans to send them bootlegs, so that they could put a video together. Years later, Lars attacked fans for downloading their music. It doesn't make sense somehow. We were making cassette tapes from vinyl and they were freaking out about the downloads. Maybe they have been excessive, but if fans love the music, they want to buy the packaging as well. I don't think anyone is listening to them now. I could be wrong. I haven't heard the new album yet. Sorry for the rant.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:26 pm 

:roll: :roll: Why is it not possible for anyone to ever post any news about Metallica without the haters coming out of the woodwork with the same old tired rants?

Yes, Metallica used to allow live taping and bootlegs, and anyone who really knows anything about them knows that they STILL allow and encourage live taping. Check out http://www.livemetallica.com sometime. Yes, in the 90s they came down on people downloading their copyrighted official releases, not bootlegs. Downloading official releases for free is stealing -- plain and simple.

And yes, Cliff was a great guy and a great bassist and the band is different without him, but guess what? Bands carry on, and a lot of them do just as well or better in the years after losing a member of their lineup. Virtually every band out there goes through lineup changes -- it happens.

The comment that no one listens to them anymore is just plain ridiculous. Even their weakest album of their career -- "St. Anger" -- sold MILLIONS of copies. The "St. Anger" tour sold out stadiums all over the world for two years, and they're selling out huge festival arenas around the world right now.

We get it. Some of you hate them, some of you have strong opinions about them (even when you don't necessarily base those opinions on any facts), and some of you have nothing better to do than to gripe about how they haven't done anything good since 1986. But you know what? A lot more people out there still like them.

I don't like or agree with everything they've done. Personally, I think the new album cover is kinda lame. However, it gets really old hearing the same old crap anytime someone posts any news about this band on this site. :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:01 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:22 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Nice post Rick.

I can't wait for the new album to come out. From what I have heard and read it should be amazing. I heard September 9th for the release date.

Right behind you, I see the millions. On you, I see the glory. From you, I get opinions. From you, I get the story. Listening to you, I get the music. Gazing at you, I get the heat. Following you, I climb the mountain. I get excitement at your feet!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:49 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Yes, that's true. Some people like them and some people don't anymore. That's what forums are for, posting thoughts, whether you agree or not. It's just a thought and no one should take offense. It's true, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, correct? Why have a disscussion if it is going to irritate someone?

I was happy to see Cliff live and I am more interested in the old Metallica. Everyone that I talk with feels the same way. I don't have to look at record sales. I'm just voicing my opinion.

Sorry you're tired about it.

Last edited by blizzard_of_john on Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:06 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

i just like to stir alittle thats all. hey, i agree with you that Randy is King. Is that not enough being that we belong to a Randy board. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:45 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I don't like it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:04 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

having discussions and liking whatever/whoever u want to like is fine.. but it seems metallica gets sh*t all the time though.

load, reload, even st. anger are all good albums. if the album sales dont speak for themselves, then try writing anything as good as metallica does. so what if its not master of puppets or creeping death. people change, tastes change. metallica isnt like someones personal pet that they can control and tell what to do. they are people.

i guess what im trying to say is dont call the album a load of sh*t or whatever you said. dislike it if u want but atleast respect that they are great musicians.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:51 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I would be one of the first people to jump on a "new" Metallica band wagon if they just got heavy and rolled me over. Of course that dedication goes for any band that hits me head on *r*

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:10 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I like the album cover because it's very different and makes you look and think for a minute. It seems right in line with the covers of Kill 'em All or Master of Puppets to me.

Glad to see the old school logo return. Hopefully they will return to the melodic riffs, rhythmic tempos & hyper frenetic leads that made me like them in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:14 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

When I said Load (of s**t) I was joking. Text always gets misinterpreted as something serious. I wouldn't expect Metallica to continue writing Master of Puppets part 2 and part 3, etc. Silverchair changed completely as well from album to album. They've lost some fans also. As far as Metallica and Silverchair are concerned, both have received harsh comments. Regardless, no one should take offense. It's just music and people have their own choices of what they like and dislike. I'm not the type of person to tell people what they should or should not say. To each their own.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:09 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

roger that john.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:19 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

do you think they will consider having the reunited culture club band open for them?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:46 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

i dont think it matters who opens for metallica. metallica alone sell out every ticket, not the opening acts =)

i wonder if randy survived and he left ozzy and recorded new material that wasnt the same as BOO or DOAM...would people bash him for it? or would they continue to respect him as a musician? i think the answer is obvious.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:01 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:20 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Damage Inc. wrote:
i wonder if randy survived and he left ozzy and recorded new material that wasnt the same as BOO or DOAM...would people bash him for it? or would they continue to respect him as a musician? i think the answer is obvious.

If Randy's new albums were as bad as Load & St Anger im sure some people would ridicule him for those albums. But we all know Randy could do no wrong :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:16 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

cool cover.... :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:06 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

your right, I also believe that Randy could not put out bad music even if he tried.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:19 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

rrguitar wrote:
your right, I also believe that Randy could not put out bad music even if he tried.
If Randy tried to make a bad album it would just end up like producers and be an amazing album. Even his early QR stuff is good even when there a little ridculice.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:59 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Brutal cover. That will be one of the best covers of 2008..FACT!

I still have love for Metallica. Im anxious to hear what results we get from Rubin producing this.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:17 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Cole wrote:
Damage Inc. wrote:

If Randy's new albums were as bad as Load & St Anger im sure some people would ridicule him for those albums. But we all know Randy could do no wrong :wink:

cole i respect you and all of your posts. but come on dude..this is my point exactly. why are load and st. anger bad albums? because they arent the same as puppets and justice?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:53 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Load is actually a good album. YEs theres a few not so good songs but its better than St. Anger. I wasnt a really big fan of it, though the title track was good (video was pretty cool with them at San Quentin prison).

You cant recreate your best work. It can only be done once (ask Kiss that since they are re-recording old songs with new people). Sure you can live in the past and rock out to AJFA and MOP and what they used to be but I said in another thread that bands progress

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next