It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: George Lynch's influence on FLyin High Again ??
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:17 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

I know its a very old topic, but I do not remember the answer .. :lol:

Did George help Randy with descending part ... the last hammering part of the solo for flyin high ?? Anyone chime in on this ?? Iron ???

Post subject: Re: George Lynch's influence on FLyin High Again ??
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:16 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Okay, regarding that, George claims that at a gig they played together during Randy’s Quiet Riot days, Randy was backstage and saw George playing a tapping sequence and that Randy asked him to do it again so he could see how he did it. George said that Randy intensely watched him do it over and over and that a few years later he heard the sequence in the solo to “Flying High Again”. He has said that at a few of his seminars, though in a few interviews he got it mixed up and said it was the first solo in “Mr. Crowley” that Randy “borrowed” from him, probably because George played on “Crowley” and “FHA” (where he does the solo exactly and it sounds very Lynch-ish style) on the 2000 tribute cd. It’s not beyond the realms of truth as that part of the solo in “FHA” does feature Randy doing something a little different sounding and very similar to what George did later on the “Tooth and Nail” solo and some other parts of his own spotlight solos early on. But, on the other hand, we’ll never know for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:06 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Interesting, very cool info !! thanks for that !

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:37 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

George gave a clinic here a few years ago and said Randy borrowed the FHA tapping part from him...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:00 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

One thing I know is George was always really jealous of Randy and it's known that most of Randy's students quit taking lessons off of George. I overheard a student of Georges telling Kelle Rhoads he was taking lessons at Musionia from George when Randy died and George told him something like now he's dead I can get my chance. He told this to Kelle. He said George was horrible at teaching and taught lessons with all his effect pedals on and was real noisy and you couldn't tell what he playing.

I personally think George added more to the story about the Dan Electro neck. In an interview George stated that Randy played his white star before a gig and seeing photos of that guitar does not look like it had a Dan Electro neck unless at a later time he had it put on there but it had a Charvel strat headstock neck. My opinion George stretched that story.

Really it would be interesting to hear a bootleg of Exciter the band George was in in 79 because if he was doing a tapping sequence he was doing it live. I have also heard from friends of Randy's family that Randy never was aware of George's playing and had no interest. Even Eddie he asked Eddie how he kept the guitar in tune not how do you play that lick. I don't see him asking George that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:57 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

I love George Lynch´s guitarplaying sooo much :D no idea how he is like a person though :O

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:43 pm 

ReXiX wrote:
I love George Lynch´s guitarplaying sooo much :D no idea how he is like a person though :O

A little less than a year ago George was doing a clinic at a music store a few miles down the road from me. I too am a huge George Lynch fan so of course I had to go! Well he couldn't be a nicer person. Very friendly and very funny too! :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:27 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

LoQ wrote:
ReXiX wrote:

A little less than a year ago George was doing a clinic at a music store a few miles down the road from me. I too am a huge George Lynch fan so of course I had to go! Well he couldn't be a nicer person. Very friendly and very funny too! :)

Amazing story dude! :) hope you got something signed! :D