It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: That Metal Show
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:52 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Hey everyone,

Thought I'd share with you guys that I was at the "That Metal Show" taping with Herman Rarebell and Andrew Dice Clay which aired last night. Anyway, I was sporting my RR T-shirt and got a bit of camera time during the "Stump The Trunk" Segment. Check It Out:

Attachments:
That Metal Show.jpg
That Metal Show.jpg [ 22.86 KiB | Viewed 3761 times ]

http://www.myspace.com/fretfun

Post subject: Re: That Metal Show
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:42 am 

Very cool!! I noticed you, but didn't know it was you. :lol:

So I've always wondered this -- with the audience being so small, do they have time for the guests each week to come out and meet the audience members, get things signed, etc.?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:11 pm 

That's really cool. 8)

I've been to four tapings of that metal show myself. I even stumped the trunk (well technically my girlfriend did with a question that I gave her to submit :wink: )

rickhawk80 wrote:
So I've always wondered this -- with the audience being so small, do they have time for the guests each week to come out and meet the audience members, get things signed, etc.?

It depends... They tape two shows a day back to back, so if the guest is part of the final taping for that day, then they will usually hang around for pictures and autographs once the show/day wraps (assuming they have the time to spare), at least that was the case with the shows I sat in on. However if they are part of the first taping then not so much because they have to move things along and start the taping for the second show before things get too late.

One of the shows I sat in on was the DIO tribute and had Craig Goldy as the guest guitarist. During the breaks Craig actually made a point to go around to every single audience member and personally thank every single one of us for coming. Anyone that wanted pictures with him during that time asked and he was more than happy to oblige (What a super cool guy Craig was)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:27 pm 

Very cool. I watch the show regularly. So what was your girlfriend's question she asked?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:41 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Thanks guys!
LoQ wrote:
It depends... They tape two shows a day back to back, so if the guest is part of the final taping for that day, then they will usually hang around for pictures and autographs once the show/day wraps (assuming they have the time to spare), at least that was the case with the shows I sat in on. However if they are part of the first taping then not so much because they have to move things along and start the taping for the second show before things get too late.

This was pretty much the same during the taping that I went to.

http://www.myspace.com/fretfun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:03 pm 

rickhawk80 wrote:
Very cool. I watch the show regularly. So what was your girlfriend's question she asked?

What famous 80's metal guitarist once wrote music for Happy Days?

The answer: Vinnie Vincent (aka Vincent Cusano)

The funny thing is that was one of my throw away questions. I wrote down a whole bunch of questions (you have to submit them ahead of time) and I figured that surely Eddie would have to know that one so I tossed it. Shortly before we left to go to the taping, my girlfriend said to me that she would like to submit a question too, so I showed her the ones that I weren’t going to use and she choose that one. I remember telling her “Ok… but Eddie is a big Kiss fan so he is going to know it”, but she didn’t care. So of course none of my questions were chosen for Stump the Trunk, but her’s was, and Eddie not only didn’t know it, but it was one of those questions that he got real pissy about because he simply couldn’t believe it to be true (and several references were made to that question during the rest of the show).

Then when we went back the following season to sit in on another taping, again I wrote down a whole bunch of questions, and tossed away the ones that I wasn’t going to submit, and again my girlfriend took one of my throw away questions and submitted it under her name and guess what… again none of my questions I submitted were chosen for Stump the Trunk but the throwaway that I gave her was! So she got to go up there…AGAIN! :lol: However that time Eddie knew the answer (I knew he would which is why I threw it out)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:52 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

LoQ wrote:

What famous 80's metal guitarist once wrote music for Happy Days?

The answer: Vinnie Vincent (aka Vincent Cusano)

HAHA! I was sitting at home and got that one! Couldn't believe Eddie didn't know that!!

Couple moths ago I was at band rehearsal and we were talking about tribute/cover bands (Since I am in one) and I mentioned the member here named Brenton who had the greatest name for Tom Petty Tribute band ever "Petty Theft".

Four or five days later I'm watching That Metal Show and I see Brenton in the crowd!! I was floored lol. Had to send him a friend request on facebook straight away. Odd how things work sometimes! :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:00 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

COOL !!! I have wanting to go to a taping since it came out. They had a season here in NY and I never made it, now there all out in L.A... I really hope they come back to NY but I doubt it now.. I guess its easier for them to get guests out there. I never miss an episode. The Brian Johnson one was fun to watch, he seems like a really nice down to earth, very likable personality.