It is currently Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Looking for photos from a 1981 shoot
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:32 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Rudy mentions a 1981 photo shoot in Battery Park City in lower Manhattan on May, 3 before they traveled north to Poughkeepsie for that evening's performance. Does anyone have or has anyone seen photos from this particular photo shoot?

Post subject: Re: Looking for photos from a 1981 shoot
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:56 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Here's a few of them. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:37 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Holy crap...I have been looking for these photos for years and get this...I grew up in New York City and never knew this monument was there AND I have the Ozzy HM Photo Book and there is a picture from that shoot in there as well. Talk about something being right under your nose and not being able to find it. Thanks Iron...you are absolutely spot on with this one too...

THEN

NOW

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:19 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

holay u say that casually.... I grew up in NYC! and never seen this.
DAMN DUDE. I want to go to new york city with my wife so bad. we're going to go, we're just scared we loose our way around. you know what i like about randy, he had the attitude i believe of just getting up there and playing, besides wearing the vests etc. for the whole gothic stage setup, in most live pics you always see him wearing those little heel shoes. like the famous pic on the back of tribute its like woah man dont trip with that heel! haha. here you see him wearing those same shoes, alot of casual pics hes wearing the same shoes. its like he was a rockstar and he didnt even know it or it didnt go to his head, if he only knew 26 years later we're still talking about him, im sure he'd be red in the face saying...."im kinda nervous about interviews" but no see what i mean? just get up there and play. man i wonder what he would of thought of say......Poison.....or motley....or cinderella.
:?

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:06 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

In the first photo, Ozzy looks like he is licking powdered sugar from a donut off his hand.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:06 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Quote:
what i like about randy, he had the attitude i believe of just getting up there and playing, besides wearing the vests etc. for the whole gothic stage setup, in most live pics you always see him wearing those little heel shoes. like the famous pic on the back of tribute its like woah man dont trip with that heel! haha. here you see him wearing those same shoes, alot of casual pics hes wearing the same shoes.

Don't mean to be too technical CliffDimeRandy...but the shoes that he's wearing in these NY pics are not the same as his stage shoes, although they do look similar. The heels on the stage shoes are longer than these. The shoes he's wearing in these pics were called "Crayons" back in the day...and were popular among the Black crowd back then as well. Believe me, I'll never forgot the late 70s, early 80s! That was such a great time for music period!!

Quote:
In the first photo, Ozzy looks like he is licking powdered sugar from a donut off his hand.

Ozzy just snorted a hit of coke off his hand, and is licking off the rest for good measure...knowing him as we all do! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:16 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

DavidDenson wrote:
Quote:

Ozzy just snorted a hit of coke off his hand, and is licking off the rest for good measure...knowing him as we all do! :lol:

I've got some other pictures from that day/shoot and Ozzy was chowing down on a hot dog. Maybe he got some mustard on his hand. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:26 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

If you would post them, I would be eternally grateful. If you want me to host them, just email them to me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:08 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

SATO wrote:
If you would post them, I would be eternally grateful. If you want me to host them, just email them to me.

I've got no problem with hosting, just gotta get my scanner up and running again. It took a dump. :evil: