It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Record Album (The Quiet Riot one)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:06 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I just have a few questions. First off I don't want to sell it , it means too much to me personally for other reasons. I just don't know how rare this is and I would like to know for personal interest. I have aquired a Quiet Riot Album (obviously the one with Randy Rhoads on it). The thing that I found interesting was that the liner notes are all in Japanese. I'm sorry, I almost feel silly because I don't know much about this and I mean no disrespect to anyone but it was my brothers most prized posession (even he never played it) so it means the world to me I just don't know how important or rare it is. I just can't find any information on this album. Is there anyone out there who can help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:14 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Randy did 2 albums with Quiet Riot, Quiet Riot I and Quiet Riot II. Both were available only as imports from Japan. They both had liner notes in Japaneese. Quiet Riot II also had a lyric sheet in English. Really rare stuff, as neither ever got a worldwide release.
Click this link to see both album covers so you know which one you have:
http://www.rrclub.com/ediscography_lp.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:33 am 

They rarely come up on EBAY, if it's a true QR I, and not the bootleg version. I've seen them go for as little as $100 and as much as $400. Varies on condition, and who's looking to buy one at the time your selling.

Post subject: Re: Record Album (The Quiet Riot one)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:28 am 

Jetta Mckay wrote:
I'm sorry, I almost feel silly because I don't know much about this and I mean no disrespect to anyone

Now why would you feel the need to apologize? No disrespect received at all. :)

You got yourself a gem there. Even back in the 80's circa 1983-84 I tried to acquire Quiet Riot 1, or Quiet Riot 2 and back then (if I could find one)they were going for $50.00 a piece (which was quite a bit of money for an LP back in 84). So you can imagine how much more it will range for today. :wink:

Oh and BTW welcome to the board! :D

Post subject: qr album
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:16 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

i totally agree. i got qr1 and qr2 in '85 and paid $40 for 1 and $50 for 2.
interestingly enough...the guy i got them from specializes in importing and locating stuff like that (all metal records/tapes/cds) and last time there he still has copies of both those records available. rock around the clock used to be the name..now i think his shop is called "cd trader" ...in san antonio, tx. and they are in the $100-plus range and more...depending on condition. he imports them directly from japan. i forget exactly but seems that it was like 5 or 10 thousand copies were all that was made. they are available on CD now..if you want to actually listen to it without damaging the lp. mine lps were stolen years ago...so the cd is nice.
i always feel kinda strange listening to them after years of hearing how randy didnt want them released over here.

dont you worry when you hear me sing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:55 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I just want to say thank you to all that have answered me, I now know that I have the Quiet Riot II lp and that it has become my most prized posession now. Thanks for the info you were all great. If anyone has anything else to add, please feel free to do so. My only other question (because I don't know much about this stuff) is what makes them so rare as lps if they are on cd now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:13 am 

The CD is a bootleg. Even though it looks legit, it's a bootleg. The LP's are original releases. There will not be any more albums made, so what is available, is all that is ever gonna be. They will only get more rare with time. The CD's can be reproduced in bulk at anytime, by virtually any one. II is less rare than I, but it's still a keeper, and a great collectible :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:35 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I actually almost forgot, I have one more silly question (its only silly because I have never seen it on any lp before (it wasn't on the picture of the lp I have either). On my version of the lp there is a strip on the side that looks like baseball cards with the banda stats on it (in japanese obviously). What is that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:48 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

This topic brings a bit of agony to me everytime I think about it. In 1984 there was a record store I went to and right in the front rack right when you walk in the door and to the left(I can picture it like it was yesterday) they had a small import section. And guess which album I found in there for $18.99?!?! Quiet Riot II. Yes, nineteen dollars!! Now, I was 14 years old then, so my only source of money at the time was my parents who had me on a weekly allowance of like $8 or $10. So I beg and beg for an advance on next weeks so I can get this album ($19 was a lot for a single album ok?!) Well, they stayed strict and would not let me have the advance. So I am bitter to this day about it. Imagine having gotten that album new for $19 at ANY point in the last 25 years!!! I should mention I have since obtained this album in great shape in the mid 90's for $80. Still a good price for the time, but MAN...

Post subject: bootleg cds
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:42 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

yeah, i know the qr1 - 2 cds are bootlegs...but still beats wearing out the lps and dont have to hear all the scratchy sound from the turntable.

dont you worry when you hear me sing