It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What happened to this site?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:37 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Happy holidays everyone. The site isn't active much. I miss the way it was a few years ago. I don't visit other RR sites much 'cos I liked this one best.Still do. I realize alot of subjects have been covered and I have learned alot. Not to be a bummer but just curious. Still mad the doc didn't come out but at least we got a killer book out of it. Any responses welcome. x*)

Post subject: Re: What happened to this site?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:21 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Well, I think that it's the same thing which happened to the rest of the world... FACEBOOK. :D But today is Randy's Birthday and there should be more activity, I hope! :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:19 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

I agree 100% with both of you, I do miss the old days on this site as well, not that the other sites are bad, this was my place to go. Facebook has definitely taken over, on the plus side a lot of new photos have surfaced that wouldn't have seen the light of day without it and I think more people are aware of Randy than ever before...Happy Birthday Randy!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:27 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Facebook is not the reason, the site is just dead. Everyone pretty much post over at Ultimate Rhoads now. This place was great for many years but the "rules" really just ruined it for a lot of people. Not that I don't respect the rules that were in place, but with such a small community you cannot enforce those otherwise you are looking at the end results right here.

I'm sure many of the people that used to post here will see the message, they are like me most likely and still come here once a week or so just to see what is happening...which is nothing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:09 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I agree Facebook has a lot of the eyeballs now, so people get the RR fix scrolling thru their feed rather than having to search for individual sites like this. But as others have pointed out, this is not unique to the RR community, it's just the way the world is right now. I always peek at the boards every so often though, it feels more like "home" than Facebook.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:17 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I just think theres nothing much else to discuss.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:30 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Pretty quiet here lately because of facebook...and that's OK because it means that more and more know about Randy.

Now, I'm an old dog of 51, dad, hubby, college-educated professional, musician, and an RR follower since 1980 so, what I'm about to say, I know what the f I'm talking about.

Anyway, I tune in the Partiots v Colts game and, AGAIN, of all the songs on the f'ing planet that could be played, AND almost 32 f'ing years after he left the building. What comes roaring out of the speakers, the amazingly timeless riff that IS "Crazy Train". That, my friends, is all that needs to be said about the artistry and virtuosity of one Randall William Rhoads. Period. RIP, Randy, your legacy is intact and still strong, brother.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:58 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

For me the drama of romeo, blevins, people being part of some "inner circle" that had all the info in the world and had to keep *hush hush* was just to much.

I do miss the old days where the regulars talked about more than just Randy but the BS got very thick once that damn documentary started being made.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:55 pm 

Drama, Facebook, etc. it all has had its influence on board activity (on this board and other boards as well). It's just how it goes... :(

I'm still here though. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:13 am 

Rybones wrote:
For me the drama of romeo, blevins, people being part of some "inner circle" that had all the info in the world and had to keep *hush hush* was just to much.

I do miss the old days where the regulars talked about more than just Randy but the BS got very thick once that damn documentary started being made.

LoQ wrote:
Drama, Facebook, etc. it all has had its influence on board activity (on this board and other boards as well). It's just how it goes... :(

I'm still here though. :wink:

Yes, I miss the old days, too. This was once a home away from home for so many of us -- and it's still nice to see both of you on here. *yay* I still check here every rare once in a while and it's nice to see old pals like you guys here, but drama and Facebook really killed the forum board format in general and our nice little web home here, too. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:55 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I still check here about 2-3 times a week, UR i check 2-3 times a day even though i don't post there everyday, maybe 1-2 times a week....Everyone migrated over there. This place is a ghostown and the admins and site owner are really showing ZERO effort to getting the site back up and going.

You can blame facebook or whatever else you want...Both sites should still be getting ton's more members and active people. Any of these people who are part of a Randy Rhoads facebook page you can damn well guarantee they googled RANDY RHOADS..and what do they get? a bunch of garbage sites and then on the first result on page 2 i couldn't believe that TK is there on the results...If this site cannot succeed or get members being on the verge of a page 1 Google search then just shut it down and be done with it. Or make an actual real Randy Rhoads site with news and RUMOURS just to keep people interested...Yes that is what it takes in such a small community.

I will say it again like i have before, THE RANDY RHOADS COMMUNITY/INTEREST IS TO SMALL TWO HAVE TWO MAJOR SITES, IT HAS TO BE CONDENSED INTO ONE SITE. THE OWNERS OF EACH SITE NEED TO START TAKING TO EACH OTHER AND MERGE THE SITES. I am a HUGE Rhoads fan, but it is depressing as hell to see this site run the way it is over the last 3yrs...

I respect all the Moderators here at TK but as Moderator's, there job is to also keep this place going no matter how boring or useless it may seem to be to them right now. IMO they should all give up there moderator rights and pass them on to other people, at least if others are "new" moderators of the forum they will be "excited" and want to actually moderate something...so maybe they would participate more..

Oh and also...Isn't "Smirnoff" the owner of this forum? God, even back in 2003 when i joined and the place was rocking he was nowhere to be seen or heard from... Ban me if you would like to be, but dude..give the place up if your not going to do anything with it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:18 am 

Yeah ... forum boards as a digital medium are dying because the Mods here aren't doing their "jobs" to keep them lively by spreading "rumours" to increase membership... :roll: You have a peculiar way of showing your "respect" for the Mods, shockwave. Rybones and LoQ, those guys I miss seeing around here. You, not so much. +)

And Smirnoff has done more for this board than you ever did, shockwave. With apologies to Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men": "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a person such as you. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you start your own forum and name yourself as a Mod. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:17 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
Yeah ... forum boards as a digital medium are dying because the Mods here aren't doing their "jobs" to keep them lively by spreading "rumours" to increase membership... :roll: You have a peculiar way of showing your "respect" for the Mods, shockwave. Rybones and LoQ, those guys I miss seeing around here. You, not so much. +)

And Smirnoff has done more for this board than you ever did, shockwave. With apologies to Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men": "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a person such as you. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you start your own forum and name yourself as a Mod. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."

With snark comments like that, who needs respect or members? *LOL*LOL*
It kinda reminds me of the good ol' days when people used to get warned and booted off
for no apparent reason other than a certain elitist-attitude guitarteacher turned stallet had to flex
his index finger strength :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:39 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

That guy was a douche.. sorry. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:03 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

wow, its been YEARS since I last visited this site. Looks like a lot has changed..