It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: GW Readers Poll:Crowley solo vs Since I've Been Loving You
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:49 pm 

Quote:
Welcome to the final matchup of our Sweet 16 round! We'd like to pause here and thank everyone for voting and commenting on our poll stories! OK, onward to the final matchup (until we get to the Elite 8 round, of course):

Today through Sunday (8-23-13 through 8-25-13), we'll watch as Ozzy Osbourne's "Mr. Crowley" (28), featuring a guitar solo by the late, great Randy Rhoads, competes against a true dark horse in this competition, Led Zeppelin's "Since I've Been Loving You" (53), a song that wasn't even in the top 50 on our original list. It, of course, features a guitar solo by Jimmy Page. If "Since I've Been Loving You" finally stalls in this round, Page is still represented in the Elite 8 round by "Stairway to Heaven." If "Mr. Crowley" doesn't advance to the next round, neither does Rhoads, since this is his last remaining solo in our summer-long poll.

HOW THEY GOT HERE

• "Mr. Crowley" defeated Guns N' Roses' "Sweet Child O' Mine" (37) in Round 1 and Jimi Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" (05) in Round 2.

• "Since I've Been Loving You" defeated Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode" (12) in Round 1 and Pink Floyd's "Time" (21) in Round 2.

For a visual aid, check out the bracket photo gallery. Anyway, get busy!

http://www.guitarworld.com/greatest-gui ... jimmy-page