It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:02 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Peter Margolis Comments on Randy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:43 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

We all have something that we are great at. It is very few of us who ever find that thing that we were meant to do and be great at. You could be a great architect or tennis player or painter or writer of children's books but if you never connect with any of those things you will never know. Most people go through their lives never making that connection. They either try to do things that they were not meant to do or never try anything at all. The beauty of Randy Rhoads was he made the connection with what he was suppose to do in life and took it to a level that few of us ever reach. - Peter Margolis

I think thats a very accurate statement.

Post subject: Re: Peter Margolis Comments on Randy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:07 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

That is a True statement :) When & Where is this from??

"As long as I'm satisfied with my work, I'm not too concerned with what any critics think. My type of music will never be a critical favorite, but when I can stand on a stage and see a lot of smiling faces in the crowd, it makes it all worthwhile." – Randy Rhoads

Tiymod2010@gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:23 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

It's from a conversation that I had with him last week. I mentioned it to him again that i thought it was profound and he wrote me an email and i just pasted it here.

Lambchops
:o

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:03 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

couldn't have said it any better, thnks lamb 4 sharin

-Randy Rhoads

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:42 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

lambchops wrote:
It's from a conversation that I had with him last week. I mentioned it to him again that i thought it was profound and he wrote me an email and i just pasted it here.

Lambchops

eew, lucky you :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:27 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Last edited by Alex on Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:55 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Thanks for the post, Lambchops. I for one appreciate it. :D
Tom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:22 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

re Peter's comment; I think that is very true!

I rather like Paulo Coelho's idea; that you can see how close someone is to their destiny, in their eyes. it is very romantic and some may say fanciful LOL, but something I think has a lot of truth in it.

No other guitarist has encouraged me to follow my own way more than Randy, cheers to him and following your goals in this life!

Matt

I am away for a while concentrating on music; if you need to get in contact please follow the link above. Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:41 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

:( I´ve always wondered that...did Randy fullfill his potential? God gave him enormous talent... So much, that we´ll never know... :x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:19 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Stealaway wrote:
:( I´ve always wondered that...did Randy fullfill his potential? God gave him enormous talent... So much, that we´ll never know... :x

of course he didn't, and not because of his untimely death...but because we never truly reach our true potential...there's always more to learn, and always more room to grow.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:23 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

That's true.

He was so beautiful and talented...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:45 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

lambchops wrote:

Lambchops

Maybe i'm too straightforward, but the best statement I'd like to hear from Peter Margolis is about the RR documentary. 8) Is he still the man who controls its release, or did I miss a lot and he's nothing to do with the future of the documentary?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:53 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Maria wrote:
lambchops wrote:

Lambchops

Maybe i'm too straightforward, but the best statement I'd like to hear from Peter Margolis is about the RR documentary. 8) Is he still the man who controls its release, or did I miss a lot and he's nothing to do with the future of the documentary?

NO SH?T!!!
WHERE IS THE FILM......?????? :twisted: :twisted: *0 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:29 pm 

Maria wrote:
lambchops wrote:

Lambchops

My guess would be he has fulfilled his obligation on the film and the holdup lies between Dakota and the Rhoads family or some other party and that Peter has little, to probably no say in where it goes from here. That is 100% guess but sounds reasonable to me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:26 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Peter sure takes a beating from some Randy fans. I really don't get the apparent hate for a fellow Randy fan (and Peter M. IS a Randy fan), to be honest with you.

Anyway, I am pretty sure it was posted recently (by lambchops I think) that Peter Margolis said the project was now totally in the hands of his bosses (Dakota) and he has no control over its release.

I think it is important to keep that in mind. My guess would be that Peter Margolis is just as disappointed as the rest of us that we haven't seen this project hit daylight yet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:07 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

As cableguy said...yes....Peter has nothing to do with it. Don't know why people can't accept that. He was the producer of the film. He produced it. Now it's with Dakota for all other legal issues...rights, clearances...whatever! Peter fulfilled his obligation. He delivered the product. Give the guy a break. He loved Randy very much and set out to do what no one else ever did. He has done no wrong. Remember - he filmed everything! Has enough footage to back up everything he said.

So...it will come out when Dakota can release it. That's all I know.

Lambchops

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:03 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

im sure it will all work itself out in the end.
we will see the film. we've been waiting this long, might aswell keep waiting

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:48 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

lambchops wrote:
As cableguy said...yes....Peter has nothing to do with it. Don't know why people can't accept that. He was the producer of the film. He produced it. Now it's with Dakota for all other legal issues...rights, clearances...whatever! Peter fulfilled his obligation. He delivered the product. Give the guy a break. He loved Randy very much and set out to do what no one else ever did. He has done no wrong. Remember - he filmed everything! Has enough footage to back up everything he said.

So...it will come out when Dakota can release it. That's all I know.

Lambchops

Thank you lambchops for answering.
But I understand why people can't accept that. Many people (including myself) have NO IDEA who is responcible for what concerning this project. They don't know Peter, Dakota Films etc. personally, they have no connection with them and no chance to know the news from the first hand. All they know is that one Peter Margolis tried to make a RR documentary, it was announced but wasn't released. So it is normal they still rely upon Peter in that case. They just have not enough information.

I truly believe that Peter loves Randy and has done everything to release the film. No doubt that he did his best, and we must be grateful for his efforts. But someone from Dakota (?) must finally clear up the situation about this documentary and give the fans official information about the perspectives of its release.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:45 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I agree with Maria.

The reason people have such hate for Peter is because he's said nothing. It'd be different if he made some sort of announcement saying "As of now, I am no longer in control of the documentary, it has been given to Dakota Films for the finishing touches." Or something to that affect.

Just staying quiet about the whole thing makes people speculate (And we RR fans are great at speculating, since that's all we ever do here) and assume that Peter is just a bad person or whatever. Why hasn't he come here himself to tell us these things?

I really appreciate this, Lambchops, and I know you are a trusting person, but is it really so hard for Peter to come here to tell us this? No offense or anything, but it'd be nice to hear it from the person himself, rather than second hand information. Seems any and all information we get about the documentary or just about anything really, is just second hand. Nothing is ever confirmed by the people involved, thus we are left to speculate on things, which if you know us here, will just end up building rage from everyone. (Or, that's how it happens on UR, not much has been happening here)

But I applaud you for trying to clear this stuff up, Lambchops! =D>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:55 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

If Peter is an employee of Dakota Films or is under contract with them, he may not have the legal right to comment on anything about the film at this point.

Also, I love Randy as much as anyone else here, but Dakota owes nothing to any of Randy's fans. This is their project that they spent their money on. To think they even owe us an explanation is absurd. It is their right to shelve the project and never say a word about it ever again if they want to...unfortunately.

I hope we see this film soon, but I am no longer as excited as I once was. I don't blame Peter one bit. Sounds like he tried hard.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:58 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

ZanMan wrote:
This is their project that they spent their money on. To think they even owe us an explanation is absurd. It is their right to shelve the project and never say a word about it ever again if they want to...unfortunately.

With that being said ... if it was shelved, there would be no money to make. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:25 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

blizzard_of_john wrote:
ZanMan wrote:
This is their project that they spent their money on. To think they even owe us an explanation is absurd. It is their right to shelve the project and never say a word about it ever again if they want to...unfortunately.

With that being said ... if it was shelved, there would be no money to make. :wink:

And with such bad publicity and rumors surrounding them, people might be put off from buying it. They don't technically owe us an explanation, but it would definitely help them. Especially right now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:09 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

You guys are definitely right, but that is assuming Dakota didn't run into some sort of legal roadblock preventing them from releasing the film.

I get the feeling that is what is happening and even their hands are tied. Maybe they have given up on investing anymore money (legal fees, royalty fees, etc.) into the project and they are cutting their losses, giving up on making any money with the film.

We have to accept the sad fact that this film may never get released. And if it does, it will be a great surprise for all of us.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:48 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

If I recall correctly, the last time Peter visited this forum and commented...he was maliciously attacked. Why would he come here again? Can't say I blame him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:52 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

lambchops wrote:
If I recall correctly, the last time Peter visited this forum and commented...he was maliciously attacked. Why would he come here again? Can't say I blame him.

Yes, that's true, (I can't remember why, to be honest) but I would still like to hear this from him, personally.

I mean, if Peter could do some sort of Q&A thing with us, and answer as much as he possibly can about the film (As much as he can legally tell us) and clear up all these rumors, it'd be really nice. I mean, whenever he posted here he always seemed to give us these vague answers that didn't always answer the question.

That's what I would really like from Peter as of right now, just for him to clear the air on things. Help us to stop speculating about the documentary. He in no way has to, but it would definitely save his image with us and other Randy fans. I would like to forget about all of this, but with all these bad rumors surrounding Peter and the film it's rather hard to just put it under the bridge and forget about it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:49 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Last edited by Alex on Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:29 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Yeah,if it were that simple & Dakota Owns/Has the Finished product,then why wouldnt he make an announcement/Statement & Clear his name so to speak???
I mean if all we heard was true,Dakota should arrange negotiations w/the "People holding it off" I mean,im sure that those afformentioned arnt Too Unreasonable,...mabey *?
But if it is simply that Black & White ,whats to lose by informing the Fans & ones that promises were made to,& updates were semi-regular until a year ago.God I remember the "Big Announcement" in 2008 that the RR film was 85% nearing completion.He did say that was the longest part but.......its the better part of 5 years Now :?

"As long as I'm satisfied with my work, I'm not too concerned with what any critics think. My type of music will never be a critical favorite, but when I can stand on a stage and see a lot of smiling faces in the crowd, it makes it all worthwhile." – Randy Rhoads

Tiymod2010@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:35 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Dakota wouldn't have to bother making any inroads with the fans. A film on Randy sells itself. They release it, we buy the tickets...or the DVD. It's that simple.
People who say they aren't going to see it are full of sh*t.
Does anyone honestly think at this point Dakota would try to touch base with the Rhoads community following the way Peter, as well as former bandmates of Randy's have been treated in the past?
It would be a waste of time. If I were in the same situation, I certainly wouldn't bother.
People wonder why someone like Drew Forsyth have yet to speak up on any of the Rhoads forums.
There's more than one Randy fan who are a little bit touched in the head.
As I've signed off UR and the Facebook society, as well as been banned from US, I may as well take a walk from here too.
It is zero fun being a fan of Randy Rhoads.
Adios.

Tom Robinson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:27 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

+1. And in reality,the number of us RhoadsHeads on theese boards are I'd say 15% of actual Randy Fans.Alot arnt familiar w/the internet & arnt as Obsessive as us,but they Are out there & They along w/numorus Guitar/Ozzy fans would check it out out of principal.Hey,we can only speculate here :?: I almost just went onto one of my 2 paragraph assumption/theory rants.
We just gotta wait & it will be worth it,its just I worry about something happening to me before I get to see something.Just paranoid but its been so so long.

Tiymod2010@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:31 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

As to me, I have no personal hatred against Peter Margolis or Dakota Films.
I wonder why Peter was 'maliciously attacked' here and what's meant by that term.
The thing is very simple, to say the truth.

1. The first thing Randy fans want to get from Peter/Dakota is the RR documentary that was announced but wasn't released. When you tell a person you'll give him a gift but than you fail to do it, this person has a full right to ask what's happened.

2. The second thing Randy fans want to get from Peter/Dakota if the first thing (the promised documentary) is still inavailable, is the information explaining the whole matter. Well, if you can't fulfill your own promise, you have to explain why you can not do it.

3. The thing that happens when 1 and 2 aren't available is the speculation. If you promised to make a gift to a person, but failed to give it or explain anything, this person may think whatever he wants about you, your motives and actions.

So the whole situation is not made by RR fans here, but by those who have authority to produce the RR documentary making it this way, explaining nothing, showing nothing, releasing nothing.