It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Zeus pedal board
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:33 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

T.A. wrote:
spelt :lol:

maybe you should learn english before you post *?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:58 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

alot of heat on this topic....
glad i dont own it.

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:36 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Halorising wrote:
Thank you all for your support. If nothing else this gave us all something to talk about for the time being. But as long as I have the Zeus im going to share it. Lets have a party, A "Zeus party" Anybody who wants to see and play it can come over try it out. Plus I have all the gear we gig with to jam on. I have drums, Lourne Black's bass rig "Great White" Guitars and amps that never end,and Karl Sandoval gave me an old Kustom PA. We can have an open jam nite.
What do you think?

Hey Chris, I really regret not following through on getting together with you before moving to NY. Bringing over "the bass" with all of your great gear would have been a killer jam party!!!!

Hang in there with this topic. It's clear some people on this forum obviously "get it", and some don't. We all appreciate what you did to keep the Zeus from leaving the country, and to keep it closer to us RR fans. I understand that your heart is in the right place.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:04 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Quote:
maybe you should learn english before you post

kindergarten at Robinwood Elementary (public)
grades 1-4 at Our Lady of Fatima (catholic)
grades 5,6 at Robinwood Elementary (public)
grades 7,8 at Ferguson Middle School (public)
grades 9,10 at St. Louis University High School (private/catholic)
grades 11,12 at McCluer Senior High School (public)

Bachelor of Science -University of Missouri at Columbia (major history - minor sociology)

Through a nice mix of public and private education, I have never even seen the word 'spelt'...ever :lol: Past tense of 'spell' has always been taught 'spelled'.

We learn something new everyday!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:51 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I've been thinking about this thread. Earlier i agreed with a somewhat negative reply.
and after reading alot of comments i changed my mind, I feel its actually a good thing that Halo has it now. I mean 15 grand is alot on money. And giving it back to Randys family will always be an option. Halo is willing to share it with people and i know hes taking real good care of it. If i actually plugged into the zeus i would probably be stuck on stupid and forget how to play Iron Man! :lol:
The Rhoads family said keep it right? Then i say keep it. I think it will end up back with the Rhoads family someday anyway. BTW Halo have any Guitar magazines approached you about doing an article on the zeus? Just curious.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:59 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I'm not going to write something to carry on the good fight but will say......Chris is a good guy. Although I don't know him personally he has always seemed genuine. As Kevin said when this all started Chris wasn't out for himself. He was wanting to keep the Zeus from going into "the vault" in another country. That was NEVER meant as a bash towards Japan or any other country. My understanding is that if it were to have been sold out of the U.S. would we see or hear from it again? Or more likely if it were sold out of OUR RR community. RR has fans all over the world...this is undersood but, I understand were Chris was going with this and for that I commend him. IBY you have always been square with me and I respect you so, you know. In closing I have to say that after reading what KEVINKYLE wrote.... I have that much more respect for you. Nicely said my friend, nicely said. I'm poor so, I won't be making any donations soon but, Chris I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do. If you end up keeping it then so be it I say. Looking at it from the otherside I would atleast want someone who has the utmost respect and admiration for my loved one to own one of their belongings than to have it be lost, unkept and unappreciated. Cheers my friend.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:47 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

willow13 wrote:
T.A. wrote:
spelt :lol:

maybe you should learn english before you post *?

I really don't care, just getting your goat. If you spelled an English word correctly. *LOL*LOL*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:54 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Goat????....hummmm.....NAAAAAAAAAAA. *yay*

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

yeah gw should do a feature on randys lost but found gear.

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:07 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Halo When you bought the zeus you did get a few of Randy's picks aswell ?. How many of those picks would you be willing to sell ?. I know they came as an added bonus with the amp, but they could make a tidy sum. You may not get your 15k back in total but its a start. It's worth considering and you are giving RR fans an opportunity to own something of Randy's.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:51 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

id give anything to buy a pick. there was like 4 or 5 of them right?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:50 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

The Zeus is stolen property off of the tour bus? I'm not sure why the Rhoads family would have to buy it from anyone to begin with?? *? It BELONGS to them... 15 gs or not. Sorry halo.

I guess you could donate it to the scholarship fund and get a tax break but whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:15 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

The Rhoads family does not want to pursue legal action to get the board back (which is the only way they COULD get the board back, without paying for it. Unless Halo just decides to give it back)

And as said earlier by someone, it's a hell of a lot easier to say "just give it back" when you aren't the one who spent 15 grand on it.

Anyways, this discussion has already died out.. Please don't try to start a fire about this again......

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:06 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Well.. This has been fun. Alot of opinions some good and some ?? but it's all good stuff. This got us talking about something for a while.I think i'll keep the Zeus like Kelly Rhoads told me to do. I'll share it with anyone who want's to se it and I'll still take it to all the shows RR related events. If at some point I find a way to get back to Randy I will. As for now the Zeus for the fans. Enjoy it while we have it. It was proven THE ZEUS WAS NOT STOLEN If it was id be in jail

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:38 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

drawpointe wrote:
I have never even seen the word 'spelt'...ever :lol: Past tense of 'spell' has always been taught 'spelled'. in america

We learn something new everyday!

maybe if you looked at and english dictionary you would know that indeed "spelt" is a VERY commonly used word......but like a lot of things americans spell many things differently to most of the other english speaking countries

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spelt....
http://www.oup.com/oald-bin/web_getald7index1a.pl

and every dictionary in my house has the word SPELT in it

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:09 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

what does spelling have to do with the pedalboard anyway ? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:47 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

its turning into "the Precious".. *yay*

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:34 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

remember whether it was stolen or not the statute of limitations for dealing in stolen property ran out quite a long time ago so nobody can be charged with that..but like the previous poster said its an old thread why keep rehashing it? :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:21 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

tito wrote:
remember whether it was stolen or not the statute of limitations for dealing in stolen property ran out quite a long time ago so nobody can be charged with that..but like the previous poster said its an old thread why keep rehashing it? :roll:

Randy left this Earth, to be with his maker, a long time ago and we are still talking about him :wink: Besides I don't think a month is a long time. I've seen threads pop up after a few years to be discussed again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:51 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

It is when people are bitching back and forth at each other about something that really doesn't involve them at all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:03 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

CrypticNight wrote:
It is when people are bitching back and forth at each other about something that really doesn't involve them at all.

Touche'

But really, I never knew Randy so I guess none of this board involves me. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:54 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Alright....I have come to this conclusion after a few well planned out beers. This is the most reasonable solution for all parties and i think all will agree this should be what happens.

Halo obviously is loaded, even if he is not loaded, the ability to spend 15k on something like that says something and he should be able to just figure a way out of the money issues and just say screw it.

I think the most reasonable solution is that Halo ask to at least see all Randy's guitars, amps and pedal board in person in a private showing between him and his wife if he has one. It will cost the Rhoads family nothing, and it will be kind of a reward to Halo for buying it and returning it to them. If someone else bought the thing we would have never seen it again most likely and neither would have the rhoads family.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:20 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

CrypticNight wrote:

ah it's my fault for egging him on cause I don't like him but that goes for many here and on all the forums.. :lol: :lol: I just don't care anymore..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:47 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Rhoads-fan wrote:
CrypticNight wrote:

Touche'

But really, I never knew Randy so I guess none of this board involves me. :oops:

I'm not saying you shouldn't be involved in these forums, all I've been trying to say is stop trying to relight a fire that died out.

This community gets separated on these kinds of subjects quickly and it bothers me. Halo DID ask our opinions on it, yes, and he got them. It's just sad that because someone disagrees that fighting breaks out because no one can keep cool on the internet. (See above, about the spelling thing. Other little fights have broken out just in this thread too.)

I, personally, don't like to see old topics get revived period. I usually consider a topic to be old and dead after about a month of no posting on it, but that's just me. When you revive an old topic (especially one that had some heated conversations like this one) you are pushing newer stuff down the list, stuff that may or may not be important, and in the case of heated conversations, it seems like you are trying to stir up trouble or something. Not sure if that was your original intention or not, but that's the way I usually see it when it comes to topics such as this.

I'm no mod, or admin, so my opinions about old topics being revived really doesn't mean much of anything, if anything at all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:08 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

i said keep it in the first place.
awesome item

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:19 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

:) What would Randy think about all this fuss...? Maybe he´d find it funny or just non-sense...

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:20 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

he'd probably be like "its a pedal board" haha

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5