It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 82/01/15 Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:21 am 

http://www.eternalrandyrhoads.com/ZIPS/82_01_15.ZIP

This version is from the FLAC torrent on dimeadozen.org a while back. It's in WAV format. Email for FLAC if you want them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:50 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Yes This show is very terrific i love it! Very nice quality

Post subject: Doubt it
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:41 pm 

I think this show is mislabled. In my opinion, this is not Randy Rhoads. Ozzy's show was almost completely scripted with him saying almost the same things at particular moments in the show. The only other show I've heard where he doesn't intro the guitar player was a Bernie Torme show (rare). This player is better than Brad Gillis, but clearly not Randy. It's almost like looking at handwriting listening to a guitar player. Randy's signature fills are copied very well here, but lack the character and nuance of the originals. Brad Gillis rarely even tried to solo or sound like Randy. His guitar sound was also much thinner due to playing a Strat, with single coil pickups. This is a humbucker player, and one that is very good, but clearly not as rehearsed as Randy, as some of the bits that Randy did every night, are just plain glossed over or missed altogether. I would be absolutely shocked if there was a way to prove this is Randy. This sounds an awful lot like the Bernie Torme show I've heard. Bernie was a heavier player than Randy almost like Zakk Wylde, but less prone to running away in his own riffs in solos. Clearly somebody who wants to sound as much like Randy as possible. Joe Holmes was like Bernie Torme. First time I saw him the hair stood up on my arm beacuse he played the Randy songs so faitfully...

Guys this aint Randy, or Brad Gillis, this is Bernie Torme... I think anyway...

REALLY cool to hear it though!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:09 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Ah the above comment got my interest up so tried to get this show but unable to can anyone else download it?

Very interesting analysis

Post subject: Extension
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:33 pm 

Somebody will beat me up with the fact that Bernie is a Strat player---but if you look at his site, he talks about the first couple gigs with Ozzy he was playing a guitar that Ozzy bought for him since his didn't get to the US in time--but so much signal processing is going on, could be a Strat beefed up... If you check out the sound samples from Bernie's live album recorded in 83, you will hear an undeniable similarity to this show, and that he has definite Randy-like characteristics in his playing--long tremolo bar dives and squeals and that trebel-ly scooped sound Randy got through EQ/wah and Marshall cabs loaded with I think ElectroVoice speakers instead of Celestions...

You can find the Bernie Live album on CDuniverse.com.....

I'm not sayin' I know I'm right, just really suspicious...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:52 pm 

Bernie's style is not even close to Randy's on those live shows. The reason this one sounds weird is because it's a soundboard recording, and doesn't have the full Randy wall of sound. Paranoid is no doubt Randy. No one else played those fills, runs, solos like that. Most of the other shows are audience recordings. Listen to the Kalamazoo show and you will see the sound similarities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:19 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

This entire show is Randy without a doubt. All, the fills Randy did, his note selection, all of it are things that neither Brad, nor Bernie did. Even the way he starts his spotlight solo (and the entire rest of it, for that matter) is identical to the other Randy Diary boots and completly different than how Bernie and Brad did theirs. Like Cableguyxx said, the soundboard recording makes the guitar tone different than the audience boots, but that's all it is. Check the music (not the sound, though that's different from Ber and Brad too) against any of the other Diary shows Randy did and you can hear the difference between him and Bernie and Brad. This is Randy all the way, 100% no doubt. Some may think he was having an off night, but his parts and style are all over the show. But, yeah, this is the only show I can think of (at the moment) that Ozzy didn't announce Randy, so that could spark some suspicion. :lol:

Btw-that guitar Ozzy gave Bernie was also a strat, and he played that and a rented one for the first few gigs with Ozzy till his own equipment came in. Bernie played through Randy's pedalboard the first night of his brief tenure. I have that Bernie Torme'-"Live" album from 1983 also and I didn't find his sound or style to be anything like Randy's at all. :? He was/is a more blues-based, Hendrix/Frank Marino-type and his style was completely different (ask him, he'll tell you the same thing. :lol: ). His whammy bar work didn't resemble Randy's either imo. Two different and distinct player styles that are pretty easy to distinguish apart. I never rag on Bernie or Brad, who both took on a very tough position and I give them all due credit, but they both had their own playing styles and are easy to pick out from Randy's work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:10 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Thanks This Is A Very Nice Show

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:44 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

ok I want to make clear that those shows from 82 sound that way because there is a huge use of a Roland Tape Echo with almost sync like fx's sound all over... I used to own a 301 model and is similar on sound and you could do a lot of wacky stuff... If you like that sound you can get it right now using a Boss DD20 pedal .. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:13 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

This is definately Randy, I have had this show on cassette since the summer of 82, I even tossed it into Ozzy's Limo when he was at a radio station in Detroit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:27 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Dave_Jr wrote:
This is definately Randy, I have had this show on cassette since the summer of 82, I even tossed it into Ozzy's Limo when he was at a radio station in Detroit.

NICE! Wonder what he did with it?

Post subject: Re: 82/01/15 Minneapolis, MN
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:59 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

i clicked the link and it said page not found.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:05 pm 

demon wrote:
i clicked the link and it said page not found.
you sure have a knack for finding the ones that DON'T work :lol: I'll upload it again later in the week.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:56 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:33 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Some versions of this show do not have the full version of Goodbye to Romance but the copy I have does. So I uploaded my copy of Goodbye to Romance if anyone doesn't have it from this show and would like to download it:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1104337&t=3434

Post subject: Re: Extension
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:47 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

[quote="cableguyxx"]Bernie's style is not even close to Randy's on those live shows. The reason this one sounds weird is because it's a soundboard recording, and doesn't have the full Randy wall of sound. Paranoid is no doubt Randy. No one else played those fills, runs, solos like that. Most of the other shows are audience recordings. Listen to the Kalamazoo show and you will see the sound similarities.[/quote]

Amen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:28 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

[quote="cableguyxx"]http://www.eternalrandyrhoads.com/82_01_15

This show is in wma files at the moment.[/quote]

Hi the link dosent work, Im really exited to download this one.. Could you please PM me the files? or uppload a new link, Please PM me when u done that ? =)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:31 pm 

This one is still in wma format on my hard drive. I lost the MP3 version when my hosting service deleted all my files a while back. I'm converting it to MP3 right now and will upload it ASAP.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:39 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

[quote="cableguyxx"]This one is still in wma format on my hard drive. I lost the MP3 version when my hosting service deleted all my files a while back. I'm converting it to MP3 right now and will upload it ASAP.[/quote]

Big thanks cableguyxx! Your the best! I also appreciate you for taking the time to make it to mp3.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:00 am 

I've finished converting from wma to mp3, but upon listening to the show, it is terribly slow/off pitch. Should I attempt to fix it first and then upload it, or just upload it as it is?

It'll be another week or so to be able to try and fix it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:57 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Cable~ If you can fix it i would be really happy, and i Can wait a few weeks more =) If you got the time to fix it! Then do it ;) Unless you can't i really understand.. Thanks man!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:41 pm 

Disregard the fix I was working on :? I just found a FLAC version on my portable drive I had downloaded from dimeadozen.org. It's in wav format.

http://www.eternalrandyrhoads.com/ZIPS/82_01_15.ZIP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:13 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

[quote="cableguyxx"]Disregard the fix I was working on :? I just found a FLAC version on my portable drive I had downloaded from dimeadozen.org. It's in wav format.

http://www.eternalrandyrhoads.com/ZIPS/82_01_15.ZIP[/quote]

Big Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:21 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

is this the king biscuit show?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:40 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

No Montreal is King Biscut - viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4707. Great show.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:18 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

[quote="matlike"]Some versions of this show do not have the full version of Goodbye to Romance but the copy I have does. So I uploaded my copy of Goodbye to Romance if anyone doesn't have it from this show and would like to download it:

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1104337&t=3434[/quote]

Could you re up this please bro. My other cpu is down and I might lose everything on it.