It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 81/8/7 Providence, RI FLAC + Art Work
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:30 am 

http://progger.usask.ca/cableguy/81_08_07_remaster/

This show was remastered by someone on dimeadozen.com. The solo spot is great on this one, both soundwise and playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:19 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Thanks great show :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:33 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Darin:

please can you help me to be sure about the date of this show?

from the info on the about this flac show say this

Quote:
According to the investigations of many (including Enchantgy), this recording is actually from
Providence 81/08/07 and NOT from South Fallsborg 81/08/08.

But when I go to the check list and listen to Providence & South Fallsburg shows to be sure the right dates... The info i got from there is that the providence show is from South Fallsburg!!! can you help me to make sure which is the right info?

Info from the check list
Quote:
8.7.81 - Ocean State Theater, Providence, RI

Thank you! How you feeling tonight! Is everyone high! Is everyone smokin'! All right that's what I wanna hear,… we're gonna, do a,… a brand new number for you now off our forth coming album which is called DIARY OF A MADMAN. The track we're gonna do,… incidentally the album comes out sometime in October I believe,… we're gonna do a track called BELIEVER. Just clap your hands c'mon.

8.8.81 - South Fallsburg, NY

Thank you! Are you all high! Are you all smokin' the good stuff! Let me hear you! Louder! We're gonna have some fun tonight yeah?! You f*ckin' bet man. We're gonna do a number off our fourth coming album, the album is called DIARY OF A MADMAN,… crazy! Crazy motherf*cker! The king of the crazy (???)! Ahh! Ahh! It's a number called BELIEVER.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:35 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

The checklist turns out to be wrong... (and that's not the first error I've found in the checklist)

Several folks that have been at the venue in South Falsburgh have stated that it is/was a natural amphitheater with a moat and fence between the audience and the stage. No levels. Ozzy clearly refers to upstairs/downstairs at the end of believer. So... One can only conclude that this recording is NOT from South Fallsburgh

My 2 cents...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:39 pm 

I always used The Day The Music Died website for the checklist, but now two different sources, one being dimeadozen and one being ultimaterhoads, both are stating the dates are reversed, and that Ozzy may have even mentioned Providence somewhere during the Providence show. I always took the site as fact, because I got mst of my tapes, round about from him, but he could have mixed them up, or even recieved them as mixed. For now, I will keep it labeled as such. If you can give it a thorough listen, maybe you can shed some light. I don't have time to dig that deep at the moment. I'll have to and listen to my original tapes, and see if they are labeled the same. None of this stuff was ever 100% except where the city is mentioned. It's like playing telephone as a kid; eventually, something is bound to get miscommunicated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:20 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

WOW!!!

Thats one sweet sounding show!!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:00 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

jejeje tanks anyway guys,someday we will get the light on better info about it... anyway I love the show... :D :wink:

Post subject: Two things about the Providence show
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:50 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

1. The artwork says Don Airey, Keyboards

2. I remember reading that the advance ticket sales for this show were so poor that the promoter was going to either cancel the show or not pay Ozzy for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:33 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Thanks alot for this wonderful show in flac and I hope you keep up with the lossless files :) Only question I have is did this come from silvers ? I was wondering what the correct Lineage was ,not that its a big deal but was wondering :) Many Thanks again :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:48 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:45 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

You are right this show is awesome! Just as good as the show that was put out as Tribute! Thanks for making this available!

Post subject: Re: Providence recording
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:06 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I cringe when I think about this Blizzard show. That night before the show, I remember hearing Crazy Train on the radio and really liking it. I had just began discovering what they were about. My father asked me if I wanted to go to the show and I said NO, because I didn't want to go to the show by myself! What a freaking idiot! That's got to be one of the biggest regrets for me ever. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH :oops: :x

So, I tried to make up for it. My brother was working at the Providence Civic Center for the Diary show. He was going to get me back stage. He got me a pass. Unfortunately, Randy passed two weeks before the show. The show was delayed by a day, due to a strange snow blizzard in April! Ozzy did not want to see anyone. He was obviously upset. They wouldn't let me near him. I still didn't believe Randy was gone. I saw the show, I have an old, blurry picture of Ozzy. I watched Bernie Torme play, looking like Randy. I still have the backstage pass. Damn, I'm sick talking about it all over again. *vomit noise*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:32 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Good sound, and Randy's solospot is exellent! Thanks for this man!