It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: The Best of the Best - Here it is!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:52 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Listened to it all today, thank you so much for doing this project. I was suprised at how much Randy actually improvised on some of the songs. Blew me away.

Post subject: Flying LIVE Again
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:18 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I downloaded waves of Over The Mountain and Flying High a few days ago to check em`out and get an idea before I downloaded the whole thing ...what a bad first impression that was! Poor Ozz on OTM! ... and the band blows the intro of FHA ...but I guess hearing them work thru it was cool...that performance had other issues too. I like the outro solo on OTM....it kinda sounds like he`s using the neck pickup..very smooth. Nice patch work at the end of that tune LC. I raised the pitch on that 3-5 second patch just to see if I could make it work and it`s really close.. Obviously their are tape speed issues to deal with.

I downloaded the other waves to give this a fair chance and I heard at least 95% of it tonight on my way home. Listening to the CD in one setting made a BIG difference as much of it is pretty rough but I soon got past it`s inperfections. Hopefully no one will have to hear gaps between songs... my CD burner program eliminates those so it was seamless. Great job on the transitions LC!

The transition on Paranoid was trippy..lol ... What`s up with RR`s tone on the intro riff?..lol Sounds like Kurt Cobain ... The solo is absolutely devistating...in a good way. :) RR really experiments on this performance..

Although I thought the set didnt need to include Iron Man I must say that really enjoyed that version of it and I guess you gotta have that to get into COTG. Ozzy`s pretty funny on the intro...RR does a strange harmony on Iron Man towards the end.. he definately took some liberties.

Crazy Train is amazing.. my new favorite version of the guitar solo. The crowd roars on the part with the trills ....sounds like Ozzy picked up Randy on that part!..freakin awesome! I never heard a version that had an intro like that...what a cool surprise.

Crowley sounds really bass heavy to me. ...especially the Keys... I had to turn the bass all the way down in the car to get thru it. RR is all over the place in the solos.

Goodbye To Romance is sooo good here... Ozzy sounds great! The guitar solo is incredible. The tempo is perfect to me...a bit faster than on BOO. I was thinking .."Ozzy please dont say f*ck on this beautiful song" But sure enough he did...lol. He says it in and between almost every song on here.

I`ll be listening to it and probably have more thoughts.

I too have been wanting to do something like this...I`m not a big bootleg collector... but I do have about 5 shows though.. So I might do one for myself down the road..

Thanx for sharing your project LC and thanx to those who helped you out.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:13 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Thank you...your words were fun to read. Enjoyed your post.

( i remember someone saying that GTRomance in Richfield was a great performance...but there was no way i could clean that up. That CT intro was mentioned back in December when i started this project...i heard it and copied it for the version used here. I would have used the entire song from that show...but it became heavily distorted once the song started. THe speaking parts are from various shows....like after YLAMLAY, the speaking at the end is from Taunton ("i'm really impressed with that guitarist...") and Ozzy never finished with that song. There is a splice just before the song title. He actually said Steal Away The Night...but i put YLAMLAY there instead. If you listen closely to the end of Dee you will hear Ozzy's voice. Thats actually from SOuth Fallsburg. )

One thing i want to add though....for those who say the quality is not good. Yes, i know. I hope no one was expecting a multi-track pro show....after all they were bootlegs. I should have put up the songs together before i touched them so you could hear all the work i did with it.

My favorites are still Paranoid, OTM and NBM on this one. No Bone Movies has a different feel to it that the other live versions....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:49 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

For anyone that had trouble printing the PDF files, I discovered an error and fixed it. cableguyxx is hosting the files and I asked if he would replace the old PDFs with the corrected files.

After printing, there was a dark box around the text of Flying Live Again title. This is an Adobe issue that hasn't been fully addressed by them. Here are the corrected covers if anyone wants the high quality printouts. Use glossy paper if you can.

Tray PDF: http://www.sendspace.com/file/h8unkv
Les Paul Cover PDF: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ubtm67
Sandoval PDF: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ci891f

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:29 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I didn't seem to have any trouble printing them out but they were all too big for my cd cases.
I have to resize them as soon as I find a few spare minutes. But they are truly excellent covers,And the whole project came out great you all did a great job with it.Thank you again

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:34 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

[quote="Metal Maniac"]I didn't seem to have any trouble printing them out but they were all too big for my cd cases.
I have to resize them as soon as I find a few spare minutes. But they are truly excellent covers,And the whole project came out great you all did a great job with it.Thank you again[/quote]

Too big? Are you using a slim case? When you print them, are you printing at 100%? Sometimes when you choose fit to page, it makes them larger. It should fit the standard case. Thanks. Glad you like the covers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:36 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

(: (: (: (: (: Yayyy It worked

Thanks Lambchops it sounds great so far!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:12 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I gave it a quick listen today and it sounded great! So far I've loved what you have done! Especially on crazy train- the intro to that is insane! Thank you very much for doing this. I've made cds out of these and they are now on my iPod so I can give them a good listen instead of me passively listening to them while looking through the forums.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:37 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Finally got ´round checking this; endless thanx for Lambchops & eveyone else, for making such a great effort!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:12 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Several people have commented on my project but have probably missed this thread. So...here is all the information you need...all contained in one thread.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:13 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

lambchops & co. a BIG thank you for all the effort. Awesome work!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for all the time and effort, you put into this, hearing it right now...And i most say awsome result...!

Smirnoff :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:17 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Lambchop,
this is Excellent! Thank you so much for this. btw, for other mac users like m'self, there's an open source application that'll open flac files, play them, and, if you wish, convert to many different formats. It's called Max. Just thought I'd mention it. Thank you again, Lambchop. Outstanding.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:09 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Thank you very much. I still have my source notes from every show on the tour that was recorded...maybe I will post it online so you may read them all. I really loved doing this project....

Next up i want to do the Whisky shows and remove the ground hum that is present through the recording and then give it some life! THe dvd i mean....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:31 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Guess it was bound to happen:
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w44585347

Scroll down about half way down the page.

Bootlegers know a good thing when they see it. They are now selling this.

They don't show artwork for this, but I'm guessing it's the same also.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:50 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Yeah it's sad.....but what can you do????

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:16 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

[quote="lambchops"]To all the Randy Rhoads fans around the world - this is for you.
[url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3F6ZKF0D[/url][/quote]

Where can I DL this? The link is NO good.

Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:16 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Anyone still have a copy of this? I lost mine when my old PC died