It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Selling 1959RR Randy Rhoads Marsahll
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:10 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Hey Guys,
Some of you may remember me, most probably not, but at one time years ago I was a mod here. I still view the site quite often (every other day at least) and before I start, I want to take a second to commend the current mods and Admin here! I knew they would be great for such a thankless job when they came aboard simply because I knew they were doing it for Randy's memory, the Rhoads Family, and for us fans, and that’s it, no other reason. So, keep that in mind if one gets onto you or someone else their heart is in the right place, don’t get angry. It’s certainly not a job for anyone that doesn’t want to put in 40+ hours a week, while Nine times out of ten they aren't given even the occasional thanks. They do what they do out of love and admiration for Randy and the Rhoads family and for us, all of us fans. I think alot of you would be suprised to see just how much B.S. they have to deal with on a daily basis to keep this place nice for us, Randy and the Family!
So, thanks for letting me take that moment to say thanks you to each and every one of the mods and admin for keeping this place as great as it's always been! :wink: :D :wink: Great Job Guys!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Now to the Rhoads Half Stack, I bought one a few months ago for just at 4.500.00. It took almost a year to pay it off, but I got it just before Christmas. I absolutely LOVE IT! I will post pics if anyone will host for me. But, if you look at a picture (since they don’t sell new anymore) of a new one online, as long as it's a white 1959RR in MINT condition, that’s the way mine is. I did have to buy a Marshall Power Soak (included) because without it you'll blow all the windows out, especially if you play at Randy's settings. I guarantee that using that with Randy's personal settings (included) with an MXR Distortion + (also included) will get you Randy's sound. I'll give the buyer 3 days to change his mind, as long as I get an email saying it not what was expected within 3 days of arrival I will give full refund minus shipping.
The amp comes with everything that was in the box when I opened it (Plus: Marshall Power Soak & MXR Distortion, sorry no MXR 10 Band EQ) The amp has never been outside my house. I’m only selling it because I’m too scared to gig with it, and I need money quite bad.
I’m posting it here because I know most of you and I would rather it go to someone here than someone that's just going to put it in a corner as decoration and never play it, because this amp cries out, SCREAMS to be PLAYED and it does deliver the good each and every time its turned on it will blow you away by how much it sounds EXACTLY like the HOLY GRAIL itself. (I’ll record a demo of any song requested as long as it’s from a serious buyer)
As long as you are a good player you will love this amp, it is definitely not for amateurs or beginners, which would just be a shame, it deserves a home with someone that knows how to make it scream and sing , the way it wants to!
I will take 4,000 or whoever comes closest, as long as the closest isn't an insult. I may consider 3,500 if it is someone from here, but on eBay I'll have a minimum set at around 4,000.00. Like I said, it is 100% Mint with Booklet telling the story of it's making with cool pics of the original, a White Amp Head Cover, Cert, of Authenticity, and what I bought separate also a 100.00(MINT COND) MXR Distortion + and a 350.00 (MINT COND) Marshall Power Soak Attenuator for driving the amp hard at low volume as the amp has no Master Volume.
I'll leave this up for about a week and if there is no interest then I'll have to put it on eBay simply because neither my fiancée nor I are working and we're getting way behind on bills. At this point it’s either the Amp and no home, or Sell some amps and keep roof over my children’s heads.
B.T.W. I’m also selling a Peavey 5150 First Edition Amp Head Some wear -W- New Groove Tubes for 700.00 OBO, and a Peavey JSX (Satriani Signature) Amp Head Mint -W- New Groove Tubes 800.00 OBO, as well as assorted Boss Pedals a Slash Signature Wah-Wah 150.00 Mint, and Rack Gear: including a Furman PL-PLU Power Conditioner (with retractable lights for dark stages), ADA MP1 Preamp (once owned by the original Guitarist from Firehouse, I got it from him myself), BBE Sonic Maximizer and Alesis Micro-verb. I also have plenty of Monster Cables for Guitar, Pedal to Pedal, and Speaker. If I can sell a few of these things I can Keep My Beloved 1959RR, it is my Dream Amp only way better than the dream! Thanks for looking, and remember to thank your mods and admin from time to time, they've earned it!
All the best,
Jamie…

Post subject: Re: Selling 1959RR Randy Rhoads Marsahll
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:30 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Hope you do better than I did selling the 1959 RR half stack-I just sold mine for ALOT less than you are asking :? Little to no interest from buyers?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:25 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Yea, unfortunatley I've since found that you are correct about the fact that I'll lose quite a bit of dough, but not much I can do about that. I've tried everything to be able to keep it, but it looks like I may have to list it sometime this week. If, and when I do, I'll let you all know.
Thanks,
Jamie....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:48 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Good luck-if you have the same luck as me you'll end up keeping your gear-I'm up $1000 because 3 people left deposits on my stuff and walked :?: :lol: And another wannabe fell off the face of the earth :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:53 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Jamie wrote:
Yea, unfortunatley I've since found that you are correct about the fact that I'll lose quite a bit of dough, but not much I can do about that. I've tried everything to be able to keep it, but it looks like I may have to list it sometime this week. If, and when I do, I'll let you all know.
Thanks,
Jamie....

It sucks trying to sell gear. Esp if you paid top dollar for it. Those heads new had a dealer cost of just over 1900 and the cabs dealer cost is just over 500. So the most you could get for the whole thing is about 2400-2500. I hope you do better than that but I have learned you just don't get much on your return even when it is a limited run, unless it is super rare like the Jimmy Page les pauls that sold new for $25,000 a while back. Those went on Ebay and sold for double. That does not happen very often.

I hope your luck changes and you don't need to sell it. I sold my Zakk Wylde last year because, I had to and I only got 2300 for that. Those new at the time I bought it in 2003 were 3899.99 and now they are 4699.99.