It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Why Did ____ Leave Ozzy ??
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:50 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Since Alot Of These Have Been Popin' Up...
Why Have People Left Ozzy?
So Can You put The Band MembersAnd Why They Left??
I.E. Jake E. Lee-Left Beacuse ____
Randy Castillo- Left Because _____
Yeah...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:19 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Jake E. Lee

According to Ozzy/Phil Soussan, Jake was fired due to his lack of commitment to the band, missing rehersals and being more into his cars.

According to Jake Ozzy was completely messed up on drugs and booze (weak, but old news. :lol: ) and he couldn't take it anymore.

Randy Castillo

After Ozzy's "No More Tours"/\Retirement tour for the "No More Tears" album, the band was disbanded and Zakk went and did Pride And Glory and Randy went and toured with Vince Neil and played with Red Square Black with John Lowery (aka John 5). Randy did play a few shows with Ozzy for the "Ozzmossis" tour, but Ozzy was already using Dean Castronova and then Mike Bordin. No drama booting or anything.

May as well throw Tommy and Don in too.

Tommy Aldridge quit after completeing the 2nd half of the "Bark At The Moon" tour (Carmine Appice had replaced Tommy for the first half, but they fired Carmine mid-tour and brought back Tommy). Tommy was tired of the Ozzy drama and joined back up with Rudy Sarzo to form Driver (w/ Tony MacAlpine). When that project tanked he and Rudy went straight to Whitesnake.

Don Airey quit after the "Bark At The Moon" tour as well and did various studio projects and sessions. Again, tired of the drama and it wasn't the same after Randy died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:31 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Phil Soussan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:06 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

What About Other Bass Players ??
Bob
Geezer
Robert
Mike Inez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:06 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

demon wrote:
Phil Soussan?

After a few years with Ozzy he wanted to move on to different styles and joined Billy Idol and Beggars And Thieves and later Vince Neil's solo band.

Blacksmith\m/ wrote:
Bob

Which time? :lol: I'll just give you the first time.
Sharon wanted to replace Lee Kerslake with Tommy Aldridge, Bob protested and she fired them both.

Blacksmith\m/ wrote:
Geezer

Which time again? :lol: First time-After touring on the "No Rest For The Wicked" album he got invited to rejoin Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio to record "Dehumanizer", so he left Ozzy but later rejoined Ozzy for the "Ozzmosis" album and part of that tour. He left the next time to form his solo band, GZR.

Blacksmith\m/ wrote:
Robert

He got an offer to join Metallica in 2003 (with a 1 million dollar signing bonus) so off he went.

Blacksmith\m/ wrote:
Mike Inez

After the "No More Tears/Tours" Ozzy was suppossed to retire, so he joined up with Alice In Chains.

A few other bassists booted:

Pete Way-1982
After replacing Rudy Sarzo for the short 1982 DOAM UK trip he was booted because he was constantly screwed up on heroin and Tommy Aldridge made it clear to Ozzy that he (Pete) couldn't play and had to go.

Don Costa-1983
Don played on the early 83 European and US dates to promote "Speak Of The Devil" and due to his over-the-top behaviour on tour Ozzy punched him, breaking his nose and firing him. Ozzy then called up Bob Daisley to ask him to rejoin right before the US Festival.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:34 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

How About
Jason Newsted
Joe Holmes
C.Appice
And Whoevers Playing On Under Cover(Guitar)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:43 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:07 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Blacksmith\m/ wrote:
Jason Newsted

Jason was pulling double duty with VoiVod and he returned to them after doing a tour with Ozzy. He had a service contract or something that ended and he moved on.

Blacksmith\m/ wrote:
Joe Holmes

First time he left Ozzy in 1998 was because he became a born-again Catholic. Ozzy was reuniting for tours with Black Sabbath at the time anyway. After re-joining for Ozzfest 2000 and recording "Down To Earth" he was let go apparently due to musical differences and writing (though he did co-write a few songs on the album).

Blacksmith\m/ wrote:
C.Appice

Was fired by Ozzy/Sharon midway through the "Bark" tour for doing drum clinics during the day and suppossedly throwing too many extra fills into the songs to impress his fans. Also was selling his own t-shirts at the gigs, which didn't sit too well with Ozzy/Sharon. He did win a lawsuit against the Osbourne's though because they broke their contract with him for the remainder of the tour.

Jerry Cantrell was only used as a studio musician on the Under Cover CD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:05 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

ironface166 wrote:
Jake E. Lee

According to Jake Ozzy was completely messed up on drugs and booze (weak, but old news. :lol: ) and he couldn't take it anymore.

After reading "Off the Rails" last night, I'd believe this more than anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:18 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

6StringSting wrote:
ironface166 wrote:
Jake E. Lee

After reading "Off the Rails" last night, I'd believe this more than anything.

Actually I read the other version from the likeable, level-headed Phil Soussan in the "Story Of The Ozzy Osbourne Band". Though you can never discount a early-mid 80's drunken, drugged Ozzy as a factor either. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:28 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

So is Jerry Cantrell playing guitar on just some of the tracks on "UnderCover" or all of them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:23 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

The Pecker wrote:
So is Jerry Cantrell playing guitar on just some of the tracks on "UnderCover" or all of them?

All except for "Mississippi Queen" (Leslie West) and "Sunshine Of Your Love" (Paul Santos-no idea who he is).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:03 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ironface166 wrote:
The Pecker wrote:

All except for "Mississippi Queen" (Leslie West) and "Sunshine Of Your Love" (Paul Santos-no idea who he is).

Wow, I didn't know that... I never realized how many guitarist have worked for ozzy lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:07 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Who Played Bass After Jason During The Ozzfests ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:28 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Blacksmith\m/ wrote:

Blasko (ex-Rob Zombie), who is still with Ozzy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:14 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Wow, the Leslie West is playing on Mississippi Queen? That's really cool. I bet it was fun for them to meet up again; they probably hadn't seen each other in many years...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:56 am 

The Pecker wrote:
Wow, the Leslie West is playing on Mississippi Queen? That's really cool. I bet it was fun for them to meet up again; they probably hadn't seen each other in many years...

Yep, and Ozzy returns the favor and sings on the title track of Moutian's latest release "Masters Of War". :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:25 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

ironface166 wrote:
Blacksmith\m/ wrote:

Oh...I Always Thought He Got Some No-Name Bass Player Then Found Blasko When HeWas Writting BlakRain..THanks For Clearing This Up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:45 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Blacksmith\m/ wrote:
ironface166 wrote:
Blacksmith\m/ wrote:

Oh...I Always Thought He Got Some No-Name Bass Player Then Found Blasko When HeWas Writting BlakRain..THanks For Clearing This Up

He hired Blasko right after the 2003 Ozzfest ended and was gonna play some UK dates with Blasko then but then he had his ATV accident and then did Black Sabbath tours in 2004 and 2005 so Blasko didn't really get to play with Ozzy till the 2006 Ozzfest (and a few isolated appearences)and since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:59 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

i remember one of the OOB crew guys at the rainbow talking about the jake e lee firing and he was saying that ozzy was already pissed off for weeks at him cuz he went out and bought a 1972 pantera (ford powerd italian bodied sports car) and would rather play around with it than write songs or go to band practice. i remember him saying "get your tapes in early boys its gonna be on KNAC by the end of the week for auditions."..and i remember hearing it on the radio and every guy i know in the valley was scrambling to get his/ her tape off to cbs for considerations...including me :lol: