It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:32 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Rhoads_Forever wrote:
So close this thread????????? So much for free speech.

I don't think any Mods or Admin have said anything about closing this thread yet. If things do get out of hand and people start doing a bunch of back and forth bickering, then it will likely vanish. Everybody is voicing their opinion (and that's all alot of these comments are) and nothing has gone "too far" yet. If it does, then this thread goes bye-bye. So, play it out, caiuse it's in yall's hands. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:49 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:51 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Rhoads_Forever wrote:
I do understand that people react differently to death than others. If he's so broken up about, cancel the tour. Don't wanna cancel, suck it up and perform. That's the bottom line. This is a business.

You mentioned Randy. Did Randy ever blow up on stage? NO. Did Randy perform when he was sick? YES!!! Did Randy take a bat to a bar. NO. Absolute Professional!!!

So close this thread????????? So much for free speech.

I completely agree, but I would rather replace your mention of Randy with Ozzy because it makes more sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:54 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

If the man was "sick" he could have rescheduled. It happens and no one gets sued. If he was "sick" and still planned on carrying out the gig he should have been the "man" he claims to be, sucked it up, and played the friggin' gig. Sounds like Zakk is more prima donna than tough-ass biker. Down South we call that a "hissy fit". Men don't have hissy fits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:01 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:26 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

I fully understand being human, but rescheduling is a choice too. Zakk should have had the sense/leadership to make the call not to play well beforehand. Rescheduling sucks but is a necessary evil. Screwing your gig and your fans ain't. Respect runs both ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:24 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Just an observation from Nick's post. Being only 2ft away from him on Thursday and moving to James' side, they both looked fine as well as Craig. Looks like Nick is covering for Zakk's breakdown. Which is fine, that's what friends do and all of the members were drinking Thursday durning the show.
Do you drink a 12 pack when you have the flu?
I DO smoke when I have the flu, so maybe it isn't bullsh*t, don't know and really don't care anymore.
All I can hope for is Zakk kicking the habit and recording a cd every year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:06 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

I'm really not aware, but was that show one of his last BLS before he was gonna take a break before another tour leg and Ozzfest? :? If someone said he was about to go into rehab, then I would think that meant he had a break coming up. I think he could use a little break to clear his head and system, as he is definetly going at a fast pace. But that's up to him and he's gotta feel the same way for it to work. Well, good luck to him!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:20 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

ironface166 wrote:
I'm really not aware, but was that show one of his last BLS before he was gonna take a break before another tour leg and Ozzfest? :? If someone said he was about to go into rehab, then I would think that meant he had a break coming up. I think he could use a little break to clear his head and system, as he is definetly going at a fast pace. But that's up to him and he's gotta feel the same way for it to work. Well, good luck to him!

They are going to Japan in about a week or so.Then Europe, then Ozzfest.Then probably either a fall tour or studio time again.

BLS is a machine that when they get rolling its hard to stop.

As for rescheduling and cancelling...How many times has Zakk and BLS had to make key decisions?Virtually everyday?How many times do you see the successes and "way to go!" voices....Its just like politics...people only point out the bad things.No one ever points out the good things someone has done.

As someone stated, people deal with death differently.Me, if I lost someone that close, I'd probably go into recluse and wouldnt even play my guitar.It has happened to me where I feel so low I physically cannot even pick up a guitar and play even mellow acoustic songs.Zakk however, felt that he owed it to his fans, family, and friends, as well as Dime...that he was to keep going.Get back into his normal routine and get back out there.Try to move on the best you can.That's what Dime would've wanted Zakk to do.If anything Dime's spirit is onstage nightly headbanging next to Nick and Zakk, and if not onstage...backstage next to Rita rocking out.

The past is the past...what's done is done.We cant take back Zakk's actions, and we cant take back Dime's murder.I think we should all give Zakk the respect he deserves and let himself work this out.A bunch of angry pissed off people condemning Zakk and such isnt going to help him.Granted his actions arent something people should approve of...but if people show support to Zakk and not turn on his back everytime one little thing goes wrong, then maybe things COULD be a little stabler.

"Make your guitar a part of you. Use it to express how you feel…People don't talk in a monotone, and you shouldn't play guitar that way. Accent your playing." – Randy Rhoads telling students on how to play guitar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:37 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Thanks for the tour info Travis. :wink: Wow, he's got quite a heavy schedule ahead of him. Let's just hope he can work everything out and not burn himself out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:55 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I agree man.

I talked to Tim Bolin (Zakk's manager) the first day of the tour, on March 8th...talked to him about the schedule and tour...and even he sounded skeptical.I mean, he sounded confident, but he knew what plate they were dishing up.lol

"Make your guitar a part of you. Use it to express how you feel…People don't talk in a monotone, and you shouldn't play guitar that way. Accent your playing." – Randy Rhoads telling students on how to play guitar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:43 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

wow that was a bizzare story but i hope he pulls himself through and gets focused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:46 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

i really hope that nothin' happens to Zakk. i would be friggen devastated. Zakk is my friggen hero! maybe he does need to lay off the alcohol for a while, i mean its tasty but, you cant really use that sh*t to get past someone's death. it just doesnt work. i personally think that Zakk didnt hit his wife. i could never imagine someone his size hittin' a woman! it might kill her

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:54 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:33 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

This is kinda late if it was already mentioned sorry. I'm good friends with Fred Kowolo. Fred was Zakk's guitar tech from 1999 until this year.(his wife is expecting their second child) Rita(Dime's girlfriend) is part of the BLS crew and on the road with them. In what aspect is depending on who you talk too. Fred keeps in contact with Nick(another hometown guy) and has told me the details of that night. However I choose not to disclose that information............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:52 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

JT wrote:
This is kinda late if it was already mentioned sorry. I'm good friends with Fred Kowolo. Fred was Zakk's guitar tech from 1999 until this year.(his wife is expecting their second child) Rita(Dime's girlfriend) is part of the BLS crew and on the road with them. In what aspect is depending on who you talk too. Fred keeps in contact with Nick(another hometown guy) and has told me the details of that night. However I choose not to disclose that information............

then why did you post? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:13 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

JT wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:13 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

JT wrote:
Fred keeps in contact with Nick(another hometown guy) and has told me the details of that night. However I choose not to disclose that information............

-Andy- wrote:
then why did you post? :roll:

agree with that..
seems like some sort of "I know more than you do and i aint gonna tell..nah nah na nah nah!!"
KINDA STU'PID. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:19 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

I was only posting to inform that Rita(Dime's Girlfriend) was there. No problem I wasn't looking to ruffle anybodys feathers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:01 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I recently met the singer for that band pissing razors and he is currently the drum tech for BLS I asked him about the incedent and he said that it really happened.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:45 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

shread head wrote:
Maybe she deserved it........... :lol:

hahahaha your so right lol