It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Zakk snaps onstage in Los Angeles, Ends concert early
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:49 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

ZAKK WYLDE Snaps Onstage In Los Angeles, Ends BLACK LABEL SOCIETY Concert Early - May 6, 2005

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's show at the House of Blues in West Holywood, California Thursday night (May 5) ended early after the group's mainman, Zakk Wylde, reportedly snapped at one of his roadies and hinted from the stage that he had gotten into a fight with his wife prior to the concert. The following report was sent to BLABBERMOUTH.NET from a visitor by the name of Jimmy Pop:

"BLACK LABEL SOCIETY played the Hollywood House Of Blues last night and from the start of the show the band seemed off and Zakk didn't seem into, but I figured it was no big deal. When he finally talked to the crowd before 'In The River' and was going to talk about his Dimebag guitar, he mentioned to the crowd that just before the show he got into a physical fight with his wife and she was throwing punches at him. Then he talked about Dimebag and went into the song and didn't mention anything else about his fight with his wife. He soloed during the song for what seemed like over 10 minutes. Really, really long and self-indulgent. At just under 60 minutes, Zakk took off his Bullseye guitar from center stage after they played 'Suicide Messiah' and threw it at the monitor board/monitor man and started bitching about the monitors being f**ked up and that he'd 'lay the hand of God down on somebody in a New York minute' if it wasn't fixed. Then he told the soundman that he couldn't hear sh*t all night and he just wanted to go home to his wife and kids and to get it all over with. He then refused to take another guitar from his tech and walked back and forth onstage as the band started jamming. He looked like he was going to start fighting people. He kneeled down on the side of the stage for a while, and then walked off. The band was still playing during this time and he finally came back on. He strapped on his orange Buzzsaw guitar, but then threw his beer cup at somebody behind the monitors. It looked like he threw it at a woman but I could be wrong.

"Anyway, he then turned around, took off his guitar, and threw it deep into the crowd and walked off. The drummer then kicked over his drums and the show was over. The whole tantrum thing lasted about 5 minutes and the band barely played 60 minutes.

"On the way out, I heard some roadies tell the doormen to make sure the guitar doesn't leave the building, and somebody else also said Zakk was headed to rehab tomorrow. This might also have to do with the story you put up a few days ago about Zakk destroying a bar with a baseball bat. He definitely has some anger-management issues and seemed a bit drunk onstage tonight. I've seen BLS many times before and tonight was the worst, and quite a letdown."

Zakk needs some help.... fast...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:57 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Man, what a strange story. Zakk hasnt been acting right lately.
I hope he can hold it together, and make up with his wife or whatever.
I think it all started with dimebag's . I hope Zakk dosnt do anything stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:21 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I feel really bad for Zakk right now. I think Dime's passing is taking an awful toll on him.
On top of years of double duty with Ozz, and his numerous solo projects.
The man plays hard, works hard, and lives hard.
Unfortunately, he isn't getting any younger.
I wish him peace with his sorrows.
It's tough, when we were comin' up ( class '85, here) we had two guitar heroes.
One, of course was taken from us, and the other has slowly gone mad. I mean no disrespect to Edward at all, but all is certainly not well there.
Although I thought it was simply a lovely gesture of Ed to place the actual Yellow & Black stripe Kramer of his from the back side of VHII in Dime's Casket.
A KISS casket to boot, leave it to Brother Dime.
It must be hard for Zakk right now.

You are Strength.
You are Determination.
And you are Merciless, Brother.

To your guitar and to yourself. Go get some rest, Sir. We kind of need you around.

For you are now the sole bearer of the Flame of Rhoads.
Your Brother in arms has passed into the Halls of Valhalla.
God Bless you, and keep you, Sir.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:21 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

This is called "hitting bottom". The man is an alchohlic. Hitting your wife is about as low as it can get. If I saw him hitting a woman I'd lay his ass out "in a New York minute". Time to apply some of that "strength and determination" crap he's always spouting and get some help. Normally I'd conclude he's a worthless piece of sh*t for doing what he did. I'll reserve judgement upon hearing what his next move is.

You don't ever, ever, ever friggin' hit a woman. Even if she's hitting you. Ever. Unbelievable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:42 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Maybe she deserved it........... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:08 pm 

Its like I said in that thread a long time ago, its dissappointing to here about this stuff, especially when it comes from guys who you look to for strength in rough times. What I mean by that is Zakk's music and attitude is usually all about staying positive etc etc, and then this?

It reminds me of the thing with Stratovarius. All of their music was about strength and determination, but then you find out the band wasn't getting along at all and the guitarist is on anti depression meds. Or like Travis Meeks from Days of the New. Most of Days of the New's music was about life, and this guy wrote lyrics with some wisedom and truth man, but the guy now is a crystal meth junky who lives with his mom again?

I wish Zakk the best of luck. Its during the hard times you find out what you are really made of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:30 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:00 pm 

Sad, thats what alcohol and a bad relationship will do to ya. Matter of fact, his relationship with his wife probably is sour because of his alcohol abuse. I dig his playing and hes one of the best, no doubt about it, but his use of alcohol, his language in interviews is a complete turnoff to me. No, I'm not some Bible thumper but am a believer. I just dont get off on people using foul language to get their point across.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:38 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

vodka wrote:
dstout wrote:
You don't ever, ever, ever friggin' hit a woman. Even if she's hitting you. Ever. Unbelievable.

It doesn't say that he hit her. It said she hit him.

It says he got into a "physical fight" with his wife. Sounds like he wasn't just sitting there.

Dolan. Hear you loud and clear. Great player but the bs biker wannabe stuff keeps me from signing up. Hope he can get the help he needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:11 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:35 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Yeah, this is kinda vague, as far as the details of the physical fight part goes. Even if only one person was throwing the punches, it is labelled as a "fight". So if Barbara was pissed and things got hostile, she could have been throwing punches at Zakk and he could have tried to restrain her, as I don't think she could take a punch thrown by Zakk without taking a trip to the nearest emergency room. :wink: Alcohol seems like a probable cause, but nobody can really say till the truth comes out, which I'm sure it will. Wonder if she was the person at the soundboard that he threw a beer at? Anyway, I don't think Zakk should have aired his laundry to the crowd like that, as I doubt it helped the situation with his wife. He should have bucked up and done the gig and then handled his personal matters after.
That's my view on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:38 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but supposedly the woman on the side of the stage near the soundboard was Rita.

"Make your guitar a part of you. Use it to express how you feel…People don't talk in a monotone, and you shouldn't play guitar that way. Accent your playing." – Randy Rhoads telling students on how to play guitar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:41 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Travis Bass wrote:
Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but supposedly the woman on the side of the stage near the soundboard was Rita.

Rita, as in Dimebag's woman? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:57 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

ironface166 wrote:
Travis Bass wrote:

That is correct.Why he would through a beer towards her?I have no clue.My guess was that he was throwing it towards the soundman and the woman got in the way.

But again, we are missing a lot of substance here.I doubt we will ever get a full story.

"Make your guitar a part of you. Use it to express how you feel…People don't talk in a monotone, and you shouldn't play guitar that way. Accent your playing." – Randy Rhoads telling students on how to play guitar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:08 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Travis Bass wrote:
ironface166 wrote:
Travis Bass wrote:

That is correct.Why he would through a beer towards her?I have no clue.My guess was that he was throwing it towards the soundman and the woman got in the way.

Well, I think if she was standing next to the soundman, who Zakk was pissed at, then it seems like Rita or whoever the woman was, likely was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:28 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Damn. I mentioned this in another post, but Zakk wasnt exactly all there when I saw him play in Jersey 4/2. We waited an hour after the opening band for the intro music to start for BLS, and when that finished playing, they still didnt come out. 15-20 minutes later, here comes Zakk stumbling onstage with a beer in hand. He seemed really depressed, but played a great show nonetheless.

I love Zakk, but the alcohol use, matched with his recent series of events is pretty scary. I hope he can find a way out of it and just keep rockin hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:48 pm 
BANNED

Poor Zakk. But he's a musicians. One of the hardest job's out there. Stress all over the place. Im sure the fight started off his show bad. But when those things like not being able to hear himself, and the moniters messed up just pissed him off even more. He does his job as the guitarists and hires other people to do their job to help him. Maybe he was just drunk and couldnt see the moniters right. I am pretty sure the alcohol didn't help either. We need Zakk and I hope he gets help about his problems...He just needs to talk it out about his Dime feelings. You can tell by almost every last time since his bestfriend Dime died, every intrerview with Zakk he talks about Dime and his death. It's obvious that Zakk is not over his death. Hell, No one is. It's tragic. But Zakk needs a little time off I think...Dime was more then a friend, but his Brother. I'd be acting the same way, wouldnt you? As for the fight with his wife. That's his buisness and It's good that he explained that to the crowd. I doubt Zakk would ever hurt his wife. Drunk or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:53 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

what happened to zakk? I think he's a great player but his image is just wrong imo. I liked the old zakk when he first joined with ozzy, i mean he was a very good lookin dude! and seemed from video clips like fun to hang out with! but then he grows the beard muscles and a biker attitude.
i'm not tryin to preach but i hate it when people use cursing when there is no need and just curse to sound cool or whatever.

Randy Rhoads-An Inspiration To All! Not Only As A Guitar Player But As A Human Being.

http://mitchvanhalen.facebook.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:46 pm 
BANNED

As far as all of us know. He had a fight with his wife * he told that to the crowd* and His good friend Dime was killed. Give the guy a break. He is out there giving what he has even when he is having troubles. That dedication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:58 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

I was at the show, it sucked... The sound was awful and Zakk was wayyyy drunk before he hit the stage. What a shame. I'm still a loyal BLS fan and hope that Zakk did go into rehab. He's a prime candiate to die like Bon Scott if he doesn't.
The only highlight of that evening was "Fire it Up" on the drop down theater screen. That was awesome....

"i'm not tryin to preach but i hate it when people use cursing when there is no need and just curse to sound cool or whatever."

If your refering to his cd's, buy Mafia, not one profanity on it and IMO, it's the best BLS cd out. Sounds like a really good Ozzy cd (probably since NMT).

Last edited by Rhoads_Forever on Mon May 09, 2005 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:00 pm 
BANNED

I'm seeing BLS play in June in Italy...I live in Italy and they are playing at the gods of metal tour. Hopefully he is doing better before then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:14 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

RhoadShredder wrote:
As far as all of us know. He had a fight with his wife * he told that to the crowd* and His good friend Dime was killed. Give the guy a break. He is out there giving what he has even when he is having troubles. That dedication.

Had to chime in on this. To me it's not dedication, it's business. He did not want to play Thursday night, you could tell that from his expressions. Looked like a kid being forced to go play, when clearly he didn't want to.

It would've been a hell of a lawsuit/refunds if he didn't go on. It's all about the green.

To add: I'm a little tired of this Dime was killed thing. I know I will get a lot of flack for this. I liked Dime (didn't know him personally) but he passed away in December. Randy died in March and Oz was back quite soon after. It's been 5 months since Dime's passing and I have a hard time believing that Zakk is still having a hard time with it (as much as everone thinks). Yes he talks about it every show he plays (which is great) but I believe Zakk is greaving much less after 5 months. To me, Zakk still greaving about Dime is a cop out to get drunk and not deal with the problems at home.

I honestly hope no one is offended from my words, It's not meant to offend anyone...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:31 pm 
BANNED

I know where your coming from. He should accept that death happens and it will happen to us all. By all means its okay to be upset about this stuff. Your right, it is a buisness. IF he didnt do it, people would of been upset.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:21 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

i havent been a fan of zakk's behaviour either...
one thing that really bugged me was on the randy tribute video how he was like 'all you ozzy hardcores out there....stay strong stay drinking' and then he takes a swig of beer :?
he needs to cut his bullsh*t hardass act imo :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:43 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Zakk has always had attitude problems, even before Dime's death. I heard this one interview where the interviewer asked him about a rumor he heard about Mike Piazza being gay. Instead of telling the interviewer not to talk about Mike that way, Zakk yelled various death threats at him and destroyed the guy's recording device :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:01 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Just a thought, I wonder if Zakk has been juicing (steroids). He was smaller than usual on Thursday and just wondering if he quit juicing. If he did, that could be what's f**king with his mind.

It's funny that when he joined Oz, he was a clean shaved kid, now he doesn't shower and looks like Captain Caveman....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:31 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

blackfaded wrote:
Zakk has always had attitude problems, even before Dime's death. I heard this one interview where the interviewer asked him about a rumor he heard about Mike Piazza being gay. Instead of telling the interviewer not to talk about Mike that way, Zakk yelled various death threats at him and destroyed the guy's recording device :roll:

I believe the person that was interviewing Zakk was a St. Louis radio host known as the man, the myth, the legend... The Mighty Favazz from Kshe 95 radio station. It happened about a year or two ago I think?? I also heard this interview, it started out good but went down hill fast! Favazz was joking around with Zakk and he took it the wrong way or something and the next thing you hear is Zakk yelling at Favazz and he destroyed his recorder. Also, I think this interview was on the bands tour bus and I remember Favazz saying that he was trying to get out from the back of the bus as fast as he could because things turned ugly really fast. :lol: Here is The Mighty Favazz's email address from http://www.kshe95.com IF you want to ask him about it guy@stl.emmis.com I'm not sure if he would reply back to you but it was quite interesting listening to it on the radio when it happened.

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:53 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:21 pm 

Vodka, I see where you are coming from, but I don't think anyone is judging Zakk too harshly. Granted, telling him to get over Dime is a bit harsh. But other than that, everyone is just expressing their opinions about his behavior and what they don't like about it. Someone saying that they don't agree with alchohol abuse, acting violently, and the whole biker thing is their opinion and doesn't mean they are juding Zakk. If some of the things stated here Zakk really is doing, then he needs help. But you are correct in the fact that it is better for the true fans to stay behind him and push him in the right direction.

For the record, I'm a Zakk fan and I feel nothing more than just a little dissapointment with all of this and I am hopeful for him to get thru it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:21 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

I do understand that people react differently to death than others. If he's so broken up about, cancel the tour. Don't wanna cancel, suck it up and perform. That's the bottom line. This is a business.

You mentioned Randy. Did Randy ever blow up on stage? NO. Did Randy perform when he was sick? YES!!! Did Randy take a bat to a bar. NO. Absolute Professional!!!

So close this thread????????? So much for free speech.