It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 11:14 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Awesome Board!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:02 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:13 am
Posts: 292
Location: A Very Long Island in NY
Just found this board a few days ago and was blown away! Great site for sure.

Although I was around when Randy was alive, I was too young at the time to be into him. I was only 11 when he passed and had no clue who he was or what great music was (although, I did like the Beatles and The Who back then as a pup).

Funny part is during the same month Randy left us in 1982, ironically, I went for my very first guitar lesson and soon fell in-love with the instrument.

In 1987, when I was 16, I picked up a 2-record set album (yes, it was vinyl!) that absolutely blew me away from the moment I heard Randy's tone and feeling on that very first track ("I don't know"). It just changed my life forever.

I'm sure you can all relate in one way or another to that moment.

I was recently cleaning out the basement and came across some old music books and magazines that got me thinking about Randy again. Although I listen to his stuff quite often, it had been a long while since I really thought about him, the man and musician.

I went searching on-line and got super hooked again when I saw the amazing footage that is out there of a young Randy playing in Quiet Riot. Wow! I then dusted off some of my guitars (I haven't played seriously in a while) and started to play again (thank you Randy!). The lessons (is that the poster Frank on here?) that were taped inspired me even more. When Randy says "Just learn one new thing a day", man that struck a chord with me and that has been my goal everyday with my guitar! I had been frustrated and trying to do too much at once. And Randy, more than 30 years later, has been my inspiration. AMAZING.

Anyway, just wanted to say great site and that I look forward to future correspondence here with fellow Randy fans who "get it." I am pretty much surrounded by people who just don't "get it".

I am sure some of you can relate to that as well.

_________________
My song Legacy and other originals can be heard here: http://www.myspace.com/frankczanone


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesome Board!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:37 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:25 pm
Posts: 3885
Location: The Temples of Syrinx
Zan -- welcome aboard. You'll find a great community of people here, as well as a few members here who knew Randy personally. 8)

_________________
ImageImage
"Blackened is the end; Winter it will send; Throwing all you see into obscurity."


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesome Board!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:06 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:13 am
Posts: 292
Location: A Very Long Island in NY
rickhawk80 wrote:
Zan -- welcome aboard. You'll find a great community of people here, as well as a few members here who knew Randy personally. 8)


Reading some of the posts from those that knew Randy are just amazing to me. It is so cool to be on a site and be able to potentially converse with some who actually knew him! In a weird way I actually feel closer to him by reading those posts and I think it is great.

By the way, I like the Rush reference in your location. Cool. Lifeson is one of my favs. Not quite up to Randy's level of innovation, but who the hell is?

_________________
My song Legacy and other originals can be heard here: http://www.myspace.com/frankczanone


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesome Board!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:08 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:03 pm
Posts: 1038
Location: everywhere
welcome to tk :) :D

_________________
"We’re sick of it AND sick of you!" words to live by


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesome Board!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:35 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:12 am
Posts: 858
Location: southern california
ZanMan wrote:
Reading some of the posts from those that knew Randy are just amazing to me. It is so cool to be on a site and be able to potentially converse with some who actually knew him! In a weird way I actually feel closer to him by reading those posts and I think it is great.


having heard this several times now, i'm really happy you said it as well. by the way, i can't believe the mileage that the lesson tape has put in. it was shared back in the days before cyber-space. who woulda thought? anyway, welcome!

frank.

_________________
root beer floats with gina & jeep...a.k.a. hijackers "R" us.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesome Board!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:46 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:13 am
Posts: 292
Location: A Very Long Island in NY
frank wrote:
ZanMan wrote:
Reading some of the posts from those that knew Randy are just amazing to me. It is so cool to be on a site and be able to potentially converse with some who actually knew him! In a weird way I actually feel closer to him by reading those posts and I think it is great.


having heard this several times now, i'm really happy you said it as well. by the way, i can't believe the mileage that the lesson tape has put in. it was shared back in the days before cyber-space. who woulda thought? anyway, welcome!

frank.


Hey Frank, a fellow Frank here!

Thank you for putting those tapes out there. They have been an inspiration to me and my efforts to become somewhat proficient on the guitar again.

Imagine that? Randy is STILL teaching the guitar to aspiring musicians! Of course I didn't know him, but he seems like a guy who would have gotten a kick out of that fact.

Thank you for sharing your memories and keeping his memory alive.

And thank you all for the welcome here. I love this board already.

_________________
My song Legacy and other originals can be heard here: http://www.myspace.com/frankczanone


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesome Board!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:39 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1700
Location: Highway To Hell
Hey Frank. OR Zenman welcome to tk.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesome Board!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:35 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:13 am
Posts: 292
Location: A Very Long Island in NY
OffTheScales wrote:
Hey Frank. OR Zenman welcome to tk.


Thank you!

By the way, I'm Zan not Zen. I only say that because I think there already is a zenman on here and I don't want him to get pissed off! It is why I did mine with some caps too.

Thanks for the welcome, dude! I really appreciate it. This board, like Randy, is truly GREAT.

_________________
My song Legacy and other originals can be heard here: http://www.myspace.com/frankczanone


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesome Board!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:57 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:11 pm
Posts: 3455
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Welcome Aboard!!! :D

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesome Board!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:10 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1700
Location: Highway To Hell
ZanMan wrote:
OffTheScales wrote:
Hey Frank. OR Zenman welcome to tk.


Thank you!

By the way, I'm Zan not Zen. I only say that because I think there already is a zenman on here and I don't want him to get pissed off! It is why I did mine with some caps too.

Thanks for the welcome, dude! I really appreciate it. This board, like Randy, is truly GREAT.


No problem I am sure you will have a good experience here!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Awesome Board!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:36 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:13 am
Posts: 292
Location: A Very Long Island in NY
OffTheScales wrote:
No problem I am sure you will have a good experience here!


After a week of reading and posting here, it already has been a great experience for me.

Just like Mr. Randy Rhoads, this site is something very special and I am real happy to have found it and be even a tiny a part of it.

Thanks again.

_________________
My song Legacy and other originals can be heard here: http://www.myspace.com/frankczanone


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC


 Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: