It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: ~~Kelly G Donations - WE 'VE DONE IT!!!!- Updated OCT' 23~~
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:08 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

This sticky is here so everyone can quickly and easily find out how we are doing with the donations and will get updated each time an update from Kelly is given.
Click on the link below to see the fundraiser meter created by Larz!

OUR GOAL: $3500 for the scrapbook.

LAST UPDATED OCTOBER 23
WE'VE DONE IT!

Just heard from Kelly and the goal has been reached!
Well done everybody and many many thanks to all who supported this project!!! :D

>>>FUNDRAISER METER CLICK HERE

Last edited by Mod on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:45 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Awsome, Im so glad we were able to help kelly out. He means a lot to a lot of people and noone wanted to see him have to part with priceless possesions. Congrats guys. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:47 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

I've said it before,and I'll say it again...........you guys are the best that there is! :D That's just a fact. :wink: 8) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:59 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Thank you so much to everyone! Without all of you, I could not have made it through some hard times. More importantly, I learned that this board is worth so much more than I thought in terms of what it means as far as "keeping Randy alive", at least in the sense that he is regarded and discussed everyday. The fact that after all these years people are still interested in him and his playing is testimony to what a unusual person he was. As I've said many times, that was what attracted me to him in the first place. He just wasn't like other people. I am very honored that I got to spend the time I did with him, and just as honored to be among all of you who have so much respect for him and his. I am gald I am able to give something back to all of you, I plan on putting together something very nice in the DVD and you will all own something that will teach you alot about Randy. Again I thank all of you and invite you to contact me anytime with any questions you might have that you think I can answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:46 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Meter updated! :)

Thanks a million everyone!!!!!!!

Thank YOU Kelly for taking all the calls and visits and for taking the time with each of us to talk about and answer questions about our hero and your best friend. :) YOU Kelly are the best! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:47 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

krgarni wrote:
Thank you so much to everyone! Without all of you, I could not have made it through some hard times.

You're more than welcome Kelly.
You have given so much over the years and you deserve nothing less. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:31 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Well done everyone! I know I couldn't contribute (I would have if I could :( ) but still, well done to everyone who did! it's great! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:08 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Kelly is just a class act. I see why Randy was so into being friends with him, it goes to show that the people whom you spend time with really matter in your life, very touching to hear great news from him. Man.... the world would have such awsome music from Randy if he was here today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:04 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Kelly just emailed me back today and I thought it proper to thank him here since I know he visits here often. He shared some very good stories about Randy that Id never heard before. Things I could tell were near and dear to his heart. I learned many new things about Randy from him both as a musician and as a friend. Thank you kelly for taking time to tell me some wonderful stories. 8) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:17 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Well I couldn't contribute(I'm 15) or I would have,but the goal has been reached and that's all that matter's now :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:40 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

krgarni wrote:
Thank you so much to everyone! Without all of you, I could not have made it through some hard times. More importantly, I learned that this board is worth so much more than I thought in terms of what it means as far as "keeping Randy alive", at least in the sense that he is regarded and discussed everyday. The fact that after all these years people are still interested in him and his playing is testimony to what a unusual person he was. As I've said many times, that was what attracted me to him in the first place. He just wasn't like other people. I am very honored that I got to spend the time I did with him, and just as honored to be among all of you who have so much respect for him and his. I am gald I am able to give something back to all of you, I plan on putting together something very nice in the DVD and you will all own something that will teach you alot about Randy. Again I thank all of you and invite you to contact me anytime with any questions you might have that you think I can answer.

What a great person Kelly is! 8) It was an "honor" for me to talk to such a wonderful person. I'll never forget it. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:45 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Guys, we just saved a MAJOR part of history~ Graet job! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:04 pm 
BANNED

I also could not contribute, sadly, because I didnt have a paypal account at the time :). Its brilliant though, i am so happy that we made it. When i speak to kelly, he treats me like he would like to be treated. he doesnt look down his nose on me, just because i want to be like randy. hes a fantastic person.

thank you kelly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:19 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

rhoads randy addict wrote:
Guys, we just saved a MAJOR part of history~ Graet job! :D

Right on!! This Should have been in the Newspapers!! ( :oops: Sorry the post is a little Late :oops: )

Hey whats up Randy Rhoads fans! I Love Randy, He Was A God In The Midst Of Mortals. Randy Played from the Heart and That is why he was and always will be the best guitarist. I only dream of one day seeing him when i am dead (haha).

Post subject: Re: ~~Kelly G Donations - WE 'VE DONE IT!!!!- Updated OCT' 23~~
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:21 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

thats awesome if he sold that scrap book i would have been really sad

Post subject: Re: ~~Kelly G Donations - WE 'VE DONE IT!!!!- Updated OCT' 23~~
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:01 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Everyone who took part in this is amazing. I wish i was registered when this happened! i would have donated anything i could. this is great. Randy would be proud :D :D

"Five years ahead? I would love to have people know me as a guitar hero. I'd like to be able to do something more instrumental. Someday maybe put out a solo album where I can dig into a lot of instrumentals." R.I.P. Randy