It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:42 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Sorry I'm late folks....but I got my donation sent in just now. I wish Kelly all the luck!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:50 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

MANY MANY MANY thanks to everyone who gave (and those who couldn't but wanted to :) )

If anyone else wants in on this: We only need 9 or 10 more people to donate to meet our goal of $3500!!!!

*I gave up wine and other "amenities" ;) for a week to be able to do this. I want to challenge anyone who hasn't given yet to maybe think about something you can do without for a week or so.

:?: Any takers? :)

Thanks in advance! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:37 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Wow :shock:

I can't believe I totally missed this whole thread! I really should start paying attention to stickies! A few friends and myself could probably donate $45 each seeing as how they are huge Randy fans as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:39 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Myka316 wrote:
Wow :shock:

I can't believe I totally missed this whole thread! I really should start paying attention to stickies!

see what i mean dstout???!!*LOL* :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:43 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

:?

Last edited by AngelStrings on Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:02 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

I get paid this week and when I do if I have any money left over after I pay off my cell phone bill and a 4th of house payment, etc. I will donate again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:52 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I think it's wonderful that so many people are donating, but I also think it's uncool when people mention how much money they have donated and push to have others donate - this is note directed a t anyone in particular.

This is a worthwhile cause, but I think it should be a personal decision. Anyone who gives should do it from the heart, not because they want something in return or to be part of the group.

I would donate if I could, but I cannot afford anything at all. I can give Kelly my prayers, but that is all at this time.

I know that none of you have meant anything negative by your posts, I just wanted to let you know that some of these comments can be misunderstood. I have felt like I should donate so I won't let everyone down, but I just cannot afford to give away the money that I need for my family - as a result, I feel guilty for not helping.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask that everyone remember that some of us just don't have the ability to help financially, but we still care deeply about the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:53 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Rocky, I see your point and where your coming from. If when I was estimating when we would reach our goal and that made people feel pressured to donate then, then I am truely sorry for that. That was never my intention. I really was just trying to guess when we would reach our goal. You still deserve thanks because you do care so much about this issue and that you are praying for kelly and his family. Noone should knock you because you need the money you have to provide for your family. Not saying anyone has but before I put my foot in my mouth anymore, Ill shut up. I just hope I didnt offend you rockyrhoads, or anyone else for that matter. If I did, then Im sorry. I know you said the comment wasnt directed at anyone in particular but I felt my comments could be misunderstood as you pointed out. Once again, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:02 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:39 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Larz wrote:
MANY MANY MANY thanks to everyone who gave (and those who couldn't but wanted to :) )

Sorry about that. I figured the above words in bold would have explained where our hearts were in this situation.

I'll say it again: Thank you to those who wanted to give but can't as well.

:):):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:23 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Giving comes from the heart, not the wallet. The idea is that people who can give money do so and those who can't at least wish his family well in these hard times. I don't want anyone to misunderstand my second donation as anything but being generous. I've got my own pain and personal gain this year, I'm just in a position to help out. I only posted because I thought someone on here was keeping tabs on how much more was needed...I'm not out to make anyone feel bad or feel like they need to give if they can't. Hell...I'm not even sure why people are so damn sensative all the time...the world walks on glass...everyone gets offended too easy. I don't think it's necessary for anyone to justify why they can't give because it's not like there is a check list on who has and who hasn't given...we are all for one and one for all...damn...now let's just move on to making this work out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:09 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

holy man! close to the goal, that rocks!

QUIET RIOTSs been rescheduled in the city i Live in. Dec.3rd! HELL YEAH! IM OFF THAT NIGHT!

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:36 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

AngelStrings wrote:
Giving comes from the heart, not the wallet. The idea is that people who can give money do so and those who can't at least wish his family well in these hard times. I don't want anyone to misunderstand my second donation as anything but being generous. I've got my own pain and personal gain this year, I'm just in a position to help out. I only posted because I thought someone on here was keeping tabs on how much more was needed...I'm not out to make anyone feel bad or feel like they need to give if they can't. Hell...I'm not even sure why people are so damn sensative all the time...the world walks on glass...everyone gets offended too easy. I don't think it's necessary for anyone to justify why they can't give because it's not like there is a check list on who has and who hasn't given...we are all for one and one for all...damn...now let's just move on to making this work out!

Amen to that!! :wink: Couldn't of said that better myself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:50 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Just sent my donation today. Kelly is just a cool guy 8) get well soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Hey guys, I should be able to give about 10 - 20 dollars once I pay off my guitar as I only have 90 days and I got my bank account set up. I'm def. gonan contribute when I can!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:19 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

*sigh*

Will the dvd/donation thing close when the goal is reached? I just went to paypal some money but my account got hacked and I have absolutely no funds...

I'm in the process of working this out with paypal but we are so close to our goal, I'm just worried that there won't be enough time because even if paypal is able to help me they have at least a month investigation...

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:08 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Myka316 wrote:
*sigh*

Will the dvd/donation thing close when the goal is reached? I just went to paypal some money but my account got hacked and I have absolutely no funds...

I'm in the process of working this out with paypal but we are so close to our goal, I'm just worried that there won't be enough time because even if paypal is able to help me they have at least a month investigation...

Im so sorry myka, if I had the extra money I would donate in your name. I cant believe someone would hack your paypal account. I hope you do get things straightend out a.s.a.p.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:15 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Patrick McDaniel wrote:
Myka316 wrote:
*sigh*

Im so sorry myka, if I had the extra money I would donate in your name. I cant believe someone would hack your paypal account. I hope you do get things straightend out a.s.a.p.

That's one reason why I love this site so much. Myka,I'm sorry to hear of your dilemna....and Patrick,that's just very cool of you to offer that way. Sorry for stickin' my nose in,but that's just a very cool thing to do. I tip my hat to ya! 8) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:21 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Thanks a lot guys. And Patrick no worries, that gesture was generous enough in itself. Paypal is currently compiling some logs and paperwork which they need to send to me to verify and sign. Hopefully everything gets straightened out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:04 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I know it's a little late, but I donated my $45 a few days ago... I'm SO glad to see that this is becoming a reality for Kelly! My personal thanks goes out to everyone who feels strongly about keeping things right. Rock on, guys!

-Christy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:28 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

theres some great people on this board and great guitar players too!!!!
i love watching all the vids.

on another note... quiet riot cancelled again!!!!!
UGH MAN!

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

Post subject: ?????
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:37 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

hi!! Is it too late to donate???