It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:50 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

yeah guys i'm in for 45$ maybe the 100 if it's decided gettting the DVD is great but to be honest i'm in it for Kelly so he can keep his stuff. Thats what it's all about helping a fellow bro not about recieving awards. All i need to know is where and how. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:24 am 

I'm sorry guys, I wasn't insinuating anyone one here would do anything bad. I'm just warry because the mention of other boards being involved, and the fact that anyone could read this with internet access. I just saw Kelly's concern. I removed the nit well thought out post.

Sorry for the confusion :oops: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:25 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Hi Kelly, Since i went over for the Memorial last year my life has changed, through the Rhoads' families hospitality and making so many great new friends on this board i feel so much more than a fan. I feel like part of a family, and consider you all my new Brothers and Sisters. I believe fate makes things happen, and if Randy hadnt had Quiet Riot he may never been and i may never have picked up the Guitar 20 yrs ago, everything happens for a reason and everyone in Randys life made him the special person he was, and that means so much to me that if anyone here hits hard times i am willing to help any way i can.
Your idea is fantastic :D and also shows yet again the upmost hospitality towards others. Count me in for whatever brother :wink:
I think it would be a good idea to do a sticky post to find out how many can contribute, that way we can work out how much each to donate so you recieve the correct funds you need? Any better ideas anyone? I think those who can afford will pay whatever it takes to help you out, but the more who can contribute, the less for everbody else, and you get something very special aswell. Greatr idea to number them, but i do also feel there is too much respect here for bootlegging them, especially as anyone who contributes knows the reason they were made. To help a friend in need :wink:
Our thoughts from England are with you in these hard times Kelly, We hope everything works out :wink: Remember guys while this place exists knowone is ever alone :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:38 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Count me in for 45 $ .. that works out to 59 Australian dollars .. maybe i could Western Union a money order to Kelly ?? as i don't have a credit card !

- Ritchie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:46 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

amen jeep well said :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:16 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Could we pay with a check card :?: Cause i aint got a credit card.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:41 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

I'm in for $45 Kelly. Sounds like a good plan and something we can all get solidly behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:42 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I'm in, just let me know how.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:48 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

I'm in. It's amazing to read al the great posts on this topic. This board is truly one of a kind in keeping Randy's memory alive in such a positive manner. Let me know how to donate(paypal, credit card, etc...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:24 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Count me in....

That's what the spirit of this board is about!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:23 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

RR.tk is without doubt a great site!
I will gladly pitch in $45 or more. Please let me know how much and how.
As I am in Japan, PayPal is one of the easiest methods for me.....

May peace and joy be always with Kelly san and everybody here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:48 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

I'm in. I hope that soon Kelli will have the format in which we can send in our "investment". :)

Post subject: I'm so in!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:56 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

This is a great idea. One becuase it helps Kelli out so that he can keep his personal things for sentimental reasons, and two becuase it gives us the fans an oppertunity to get a little closer to Randy. I just hope that Kelli is overall still doing ok financially(spelling?). I mean these are timeless artifacts not just for hardcore Randy fans but for rock n roll in general. I'd hate to see Kelli having to part with these things just to make a house payment. That just wouldn't be right. As much as I would love to own some of these items, I think its good that Kelli can keep them becuase you know that he'll take good care of them and preserve them to the best of his ability. I'd hate to see these items go into the hands of someone who won't give them the proper respect they deserve. I would gladly give 45 dollars. With or without the DVD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:56 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Looks like we've almost got enough or have enough people to do this. Im very proud to be a part of this site and Im so happy that there are so many great people here. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:40 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

To me a Paypal account in Kelly's name would work great..He'd just have to set it up..which is very easy.. Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:08 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Hi Everyone. I spoke with Des last night and he should be making an announcement regarding this project. I'm glad you all feel so strongly in your support of this plan. I promise you will not be disappointed in the least and will be richly rewarded for your understanding and regard for me. Thank you again. Kelly Garni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:34 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Kelly,
I'm glad that everyone is helping you out with this. It makes me feel good. And I'm sure Randy would be very pleased.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:33 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

You just take care of yourself Kelly and We''ll handle the rest! Thanks for letting us help!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:18 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

hey kelly:

thanks man! its great to see that you will be able to keep a part of randy with you, nobody should have to give up anything that close to them for any reason. thanks for doing this, im from canada and ill contribute $50.00 canadian. just let me know where and how to do it, i have a paypal account and i can transfer it by paypal.

one big RR family here, i have a good feeling right now just reading all these posts, theres some great people here.

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:19 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

rybones, you joined this board one year ago yesterday, its the 4th where i am.... anyhow, thats pretty cool

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:41 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Holy Crap!! Time flies!!! I remember when i fisrt found this board i stayed up for a few hours reading all the back threads and such wow has it been that long??? whew!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:52 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Congrats on the year Rybones!!! Many more to follow..... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:54 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

And what a one year anniversary present eh!

Post subject: yeah
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:33 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

hell yeah man! this site rocks!
cant wait to contribute to this i know this site will raise the money that kelly needs, everybody here is f'n awesome and treasures randys memory. we'll all be able to chip in and help kelly out. i dont care if theres anything out of it, id like him to know that by me donating its a simple way of me saying you know what man, you knew Randy Rhoads and you have always been generous in talking about him and we all here support you and this is what we want to do to help you.
its like a big family.

im going to tell all my pals at http://www.damageplan.net all the guys and girls over there are really nice people and im sure there RR fans, they'll come check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:51 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I'm still going to donate...but, about the scrapbook, I think it should be sent to musonia and put on display there for all the fans that visit..... :idea: What does everyone else think? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:26 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

I'm in for $45. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:33 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Harry wrote:
I'm still going to donate...but, about the scrapbook, I think it should be sent to musonia and put on display there for all the fans that visit..... :idea: What does everyone else think? :D

Well, the main reason I want to get involved with this is so that Kelly doesn't have to part with the scrap book.
He collected everything in it. It's full of his memories and part of his past. Maybe one day it will go to Musonia, it's a nice idea.

I know that Kelly is very generous with his time if fans want to arrange to visit him and see the scrap book (plus you get a fantastic commentary that only Kelly could give!):D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:28 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

yeah id rather kelly keep it and after he dies go to Musonia..that sounds good... not him dying. you know....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:56 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

The whole reason for doing this is so Kelly can hold on to HIS belongings. As far as I'm concerned,that's the ONLY reason. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:04 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Jeepman wrote:
The whole reason for doing this is so Kelly can hold on to HIS belongings. As far as I'm concerned,that's the ONLY reason. 8)

agreed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next