It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:51 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Rybones wrote:
Its like we finally have a chance to give back after all we have recieved and i think thats cool.

EXACTLY !!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:40 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Kelly should make sure folks here know where to buy some of his photography work. He seems to have a great eye and that might be another source of cash for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:33 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

This has all been very diffilcult for me. First the decision to part with these things was like cutting off a piece of myself, then the response from all of you was so overwhelming, I felt helpless again because there was no way I could think of to truly let each one of you know how much you all mean to me. Like most people, I have my pride, and I didn't want to accept $ for nothing. I didn't know what to do! I didn't even know what to say so I held off responding to this unbelievable generousity. But then I got an idea. And once I told my wife about it, she took it and really turned it into a great plan. And so, I will tell you all our idea here, and, if you agree with it, we'll get started on it from our end. This thing here that Des and others have created has given Randy a new life. He lives here. And so that book should stay here. With all of you. I will sell the book to all of you. Either 100 people at $45 each or 45 at $100 I will let you all decide. I am going to photograph each page in the book, along with some other things Randy wrote or made, these things will be put onto a NUMBERED DVD, also on this DVD will be things like the recording of Randy and me jamming at a party prior to the formation of QR and other things that people don't get to see or hear unless they come to visit me. This way whoever has this DVD will in essence, have the book. These "investors" will also recieve a numbered certificate showing their ownership in the book. In addition, one person will be chosen, (at random I suppose, and by whom I don't know yet) to recieve the book upon my death. (I'm getting kinda old) And that would be put into my will.
So, there it is. Let me know what you think. My wife, doesn't ever go on these kind of boards, in fact she didn't even know that any of this was going on. I got an e mail from one of the members that kind of spilled the beans. (a good thing) She started to cry when she saw all of the kindness you all showed and your regard for me. She really didn't know, she thinks people just call and wite because of Randy. And I must admit even I thought that way, that's why this was so overwhelming. She said "Look at what a great thing generousity is, it took a bad situation and made it turn into something that is good for everyone". Thank you all so much and I am very anxious to hear your thoughts on this project. Kelly Garni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:33 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I am in. During this week I am unable to contribute 45 but can after Friday.

Another thing to consider is if we cannot get enough of a donation, we could post the info at other forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:37 pm 
BANNED

Count me in for 45 $ As well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:00 pm 

Kelly, Randy has inspired many of us to do many things over the years. Many of us for 20 + years 8) It's great that, even today, Randy inspires new kids that were born after Tribute was even released! It's our goal, that legacy will continue to grow, and that future generations. We truely appreciate you, Kevin, Rudy and in particular, the Rhoads family for continuing to help Randy's fans find out more about him on a personal level. Very few of us ever met the MAN, but I think we have all been touched by the music, and by the positive energy he gave/gives off, even in pictures and sound. It's hard to put into words, but we are not your typical fans of a rock musician. On some scale, we all feel connected to Randy. We also know,what a close friendship you had with Randy, and he probably would have done the same thing for you, so it's only natural that we would feel the same way :D

Your idea is INCREDIBLE 8) I can speak for pretty much everyone here, that to see new images, or especially, to hear new music, is like Christmas everyday. Kevin recently gave everyone a treat with Come and Gone audio clip. As fan's we only have access to what we can find, so your idea is an amazing one. I hope we can all help you through your difficult time in any way possible.

Just in case it was missed, your friend Yutaka, sends his thoughts to you and your family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:09 pm 

That idea sounds great Kelly. Its great knowing that we are helping out a friend and someone who has always been there to take time to share stories and memories with us. Its also really cool to be able to give back and have a connection with you and in an escense Randy. There are a lot of great people at this board willing to do whatever they can to help out friends in need, and I'm proud to be a part of it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:27 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

i am in for whatever...45-100 bucks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:35 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

An awesome idea, for an awesome cause! Cheers to you Kelly Image I cant wait to hear more about this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:51 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Sounds like a great idea. I would do anything I could to help out Kelly Garni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:21 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

WOW !!! Kelle, that is such a great idea dude !!
I am in 45 or 100 whatever is decided.
LETS DO IT NOW !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:36 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Without Kelly we(the RR communitee)would not have see alot of the stuff we'eve seen..I am in for whatever is decided..Let me know..Kelly THANKS...Cort

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:38 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Either way I am in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:29 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

i already stated im in but i am stating it again 45-100 whatever im in!! :D if it helps you kelly im in :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:37 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

OK Im in how do we do it? hopefully someonecan arrange this to Happen Iam excited about this.Great Idea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:43 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Wow!! I like this idea and sounds like a hellava plan!!! I would be very proud and honored to do this and help out anyway possible to keep these personal items where they belong, with Kelly Garni. Count me in to help a brother out! Tell us when and where to do this thing to get it going!!! 8)

Best wishes!

Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:59 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

I couldn't be "more in" if I tried!! :lol: Let's hook this thing up!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:02 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Wow kelly that was an amazing post. I, too, like most others here am in either for the 45 or 100 $ deal. So thats one more to add to the list. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:54 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Whoever gets the dvd, I hope you cherish it forever. I would be honored to recieve one but I have no money. I was sad when I read Kelly's post but happy for the members who are getting one. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:03 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Kelly,

I think this is a great idea... I go back to your days in Quiet Riot, which means you're a big part of my musical history. I would certainly be willing to help. So I guess we'll just need to wait and see how many people it will work out to!

Sheryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:05 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Kelly you have my support and blessing. Count me in buddy. 45 is not a problem for what all of us can get. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:12 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

When do we find out how?! This is great! I'm so excited to help out!! :D 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:57 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

I'm in $45!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:11 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Again my thanks to all of you. I'm glad you feel that you're getting something out of it. Let me go into the DVD a little bit. It will have a custom designed cover and sleeve, and again they will each be numbered. Everyone, that is, the "investors" will get one. There will be some other things that will go along with it as well. I feel that numbering them will make the whole bootlegging thing pointless. There will be quite a bit of stuff that no one has seen on them. I will be photographing a lot of things that aren't in the book too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:42 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Dude Im drooling over here! lol I cant wait! Im so glad all of us have banded togeather to do something not only worthwhile but to help and show that our support is the least we can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:49 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

what a great guy !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:52 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Hi Kelly,

Randy has been a huge influence on my life and I would consider it an honor to own one of the dvd's. What a fantastic idea. A huge amount of respect goes out to you for alway's being there for people like us and keeping Randy's memory alive. I'm sure you feel very fortunate that you had Randy in your life and he was just as fortunate to have you as a friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:00 am 

*stupid comment removed* :oops:

Last edited by cableguyxx on Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:32 am 

Hi Kelly,
I will gladly pitch in 45$. Oh and I would have done it even if you didnt offer the dvd..Sorry I totally missed this thread until now... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:41 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

The whole idea here is to help out a fellow man. I NEVER even thought about the possibility of "dirty pool." I understand the reasoning behind Kelly's idea,being a proud man myself,and I respect it. I really don't believe that ANYONE here would do this for the wrong reasons. I mean,we're all here for the same reason,right?! To honor Randy Rhoads,and to keep his memory alive. Speaking only for myself here,I would have done this for Kelly and his family,even without receiving ANYTHING in return. That's just me. I believe what is happening here now,is an exchange of gifts. I'm just very glad to be a part of it. :D Here's the bottom line from where I stand....as long as Kelly gets to keep "a part of himself," I'm happy! :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next