It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:18 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

[quote="Des"][quote="clifford"]does anybody know how i could get a guitar like randys origional pinstripe jackson :?:[/quote]

Try Jackal guitars.
Review, audio clips and link here:
http://www.dsherwood-guitartuition.co.uk/jackal.html[/quote]

The photo of the unfinished guitar was in the possession of Grover Jackson until the late-90s until my friend Rob Lane bought it from him. Rob took it to Tim Wilson and Mike Shannon at the Jackson factory in Ontario and had it completed into an assembled fully functional guitar.

This version of the prototype featured the revised RR V-shape like the previous black one but instead of being a string-thru-body hardtail, it was to be fitted with the Merlin 5-made brass tremolo that came on many of the strat-shaped Charvel's of that time. Grover at the time was becoming aquainted with a new trem designer named Gary Kahler about putting the Kahler tremolo on custom ordered Charvels. During this time, the tremolo was mentioned to Randy during the build stages of this guitar.

Upon hearing the death of Randy, Grover put this project aside...

Rob told me Grover had it stored, wrapped up in the laundry room of his house in Mission Viejo (not far from where I now live).

We all know where the guitar is now via another thread in these message boards. Because Grover lives near me, I've had talks with Grover about it and he tells the story in a much broader light...it's always interesting to talk with Grover...lots of history in that dude!

gerry@georgelynch.com