It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:45 pm 

The Hondo sounds like it was going on all cylinders Big P!

Loved Flying High and You Looking At Me was great. That solo really reminds almost of a Brian May type solo.

Like Demon said, great job also on keeping each guitar part tight on the extra tracks 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:27 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Thank you all so very much. I REALLY appreciate the praise, critique and words of incouragement. I absolutely love my HONDO. I have a Jackson as well and I used to have a Epi LP Standard (I sold it though) and I ALWAYS went back to my Hondo. That guitar is everything to me that Randy's Gibby was to him. I like recording with it better than the Jackson. It's got a richer sound to me atleast. I think it has a lot to do with the wood and it being 30 years old but, I'm no Luthier. :lol: I would also like to think that the DiMarzios that are from 1977 in it are possessed!! :lol: I programmed another patch into my effects board. I think it's got a bit of a Joe Walsh sound to it. Kinda "old bluesy ballsy" full tone. Sort of has a early Randy sound...MARSHALL I'm thinking so, I'm going to redo "You Lookin'..." with that sound. Look for it in a bit and thanks again for your kind words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:28 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

**UPDATE**.......the 2nd version

It's up!! It's the only one up there.....don't need 2 versions of it. I'm really happy with this one for the most part although I didn't quite pull off the staccato I wanted too. That new sound is better. Some treats are added in also....just listen. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:46 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

ozzy made a vulgar appearance!

:lol:

nice!

Post subject: Re: Big_P's Randy Rhoads solos
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:25 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Blow the dust off this page...... :wink:
I went through my old hard drive and found my RR solos and compiled them into one segment. You can hear them here if you'd like....Thanks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5uqEM2jM4