It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Monster Cables
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:25 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Does anyone know what to do when they break? I was getting ready to record something (That I plan to share with you all later, but that's irrelevant right now) and a string broke, and so as I was putting my guitar down to change the string (Had to steal a string from another guitar) I stepped on my cable. I didn't think anything happened, though it was a hard tug, but after I changed the string, I went to pick my guitar up and get it in tune to record and the tuner wasn't picking up..

Now, I was using my crappy strat copy (I needed a tremolo, and none of my other guitars have one) and so at first I thought it was the input jack. So I started moving the cable around to see if it would pick up the signal, and next thing I knew the cable popped out.

It's a 30ft guitar cable, angled on one end. The end that broke off is the angled end.

I didn't buy it at Guitar Center, I bought it at a store called Hoffman Music (I think it might be a small company) and I want to know if they'll replace my cable for me... It was somewhat expensive (As far as cables go) and I really want to get this replaced. I have read that Monster Cables have a lifetime warranty..

Any help please????

Post subject: Re: Monster Cables
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:55 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

When I bought a monster cable at Guitar Center they said just bring the cable back and we'll hook you up with a new one. As weird as it may seem the guy there told me I didn't even have to bring the original package.

Post subject: Re: Monster Cables
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:04 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Just take your cable to a local GC, (even if you didn't buiy it there) and tell them that you want a new one as this one shorted out. They will give you a new one. They have a code in thier system for monster cables.

When I worked there we replaced monster cables regardless of what happened as long as we had 51% of the cable. All they need is the cable. No reciept, no original packaging, no nothing extra. Just the cable. That is why I buy Monster.

The code they type into their system is "Monster".

I have personally replaced about 10 monster cables over the course of about 6 years.