It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Rare tape to trade & need help w/ best 1/15/82
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:58 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Back in 1985 I bought the CASSETTE version of Prince of Darkness, catalog # 20KP 1134. In addition to YLAMLAY, One up the B Side, Slow Down and BATM live, it contained a brief bonus interview not on the vinyl version. They broke it up into 2 segments, 1 between the 1st 2 tracks on side A on the other between the 2 tracks on side B.

Although I foolishly sold the original cassette long ago (VERY foolishly, as I've never seen another one), I made a copy of the 1st side of the tape (why I didn't copy the 2nd side is beyond me) onto a Maxell XLII-S tape and kept a copy of the fold-out insert that contains a transcript of the interview and the lyrics to the 4 songs. The interview was done in Feb of '84 and Ozzy talks about the anniversary of Randy's death.

There is only 1 thing I'm really looking for:
From randyrhoads.com, I got a great version of the 1-15-82 show. I have had so many versions of this show, but this is the only one I've heard with all the songs and without the drop in volume in the right channel during Suicide Solution. However, because of the zip files, there are track breaks with silence and sometimes a second of music missing (SS/solo/GTR). I'd love to have a copy of that without the track breaks and tried to email the site creator Matt quite a while ago, but didn't hear from him.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it and I'd be happy to trade for a CD-R of the side A of the Prince of Darkness cassette and a copy of the insert page.