It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 11:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Providence, Columbia, South Fallsburg - ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:35 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I have listened to these discs again and there is some confusion. A lot of people listed the Providence show as great quality and a good peformance. However, using some online information, it points that the Dimeadozen torrent for Providence is actually Columbia. The question I have is...how do we really know?

Using : The Day The Music Died Website....here is what I have found out. The words are what Ozzy says before the song "Believer".

8.7.81 - Ocean State Theater, Providence, RI
Thank you! How you feeling tonight! Is everyone high! Is everyone smokin'! All right that's what I wanna hear,… we're gonna, do a,… a brand new number for you now off our forth coming album which is called DIARY OF A MADMAN. The track we're gonna do,… incidentally the album comes out sometime in October I believe,… we're gonna do a track called BELIEVER. Just clap your hands c'mon.

8.8.81 - South Fallsburg, NY
Thank you! Are you all high! Are you all smokin' the good stuff! Let me hear you! Louder! We're gonna have some fun tonight yeah?! You f*ckin' bet man. We're gonna do a number off our fourth coming album, the album is called DIARY OF A MADMAN,… crazy! Crazy motherf*cker! The king of the crazy (???)! Ahh! Ahh! It's a number called BELIEVER.

8.16.81 - Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
Thank you! How you been keepin' people? It's f*cking good to be back here. We're gonna - do a number off of our brand new album which is gonna come out in October. The album is called DIARY OF A MADMAN! Yea, we're all f*cking mad. Let's try and go more crazier! The track we're gonna do off our album is a number called BELIEVER. Why don't you show me some rock and roll reaction, c'mon!

Post subject: Re: Providence, Columbia, South Fallsburg - ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:40 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I live near Providence, RI and I still have never heard of the ocean state theatre, Unless they meant the Providence Civic Center? Maybe Dogman can clear that one up for me,But yes the recording of that concert is really good quality ,actually one of my favorites.

Post subject: Re: Providence, Columbia, South Fallsburg - ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:19 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

This may clear things up:
http://www.ppacri.org/marqueeinfo/state.cfm

Apparently it's called Providence Performing Arts Center.

Lambchops