www.randyrhoads.tk
http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/

How about an "Ask Ironface166" section?
http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1330
Page 1 of 14

Author:  RockyRhoads [ Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:04 pm ]
Post subject:  How about an "Ask Ironface166" section?

Having read through quite a few threads (as well as being a lurker before that terrible hacking incident), I've noticed that Ironface166 - I believe his name's Anthony - is quie the authority on Heavy Metal trivia.

I was thinking that it'd be cool to have a sticky in the "Other Bands" section and in the "General" section where we could direct questions to Ironface166. Kind of like the "Ask Kevn DuBrow" sticky in the Quiet Riot section.

Being that I was a teen in the '80's, there are all kinds of trivial things that I could think of to discuss, and I'm sure Ironface166 would be able to answer a lot of my questions.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

Author:  Larz [ Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

:idea: Sounds like a great idea! :)

What say you Ironface? :?:

Author:  Patrick McDaniel [ Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:53 am ]
Post subject: 

Well I always go to ironface for answers to my music questions so it could be made like a sticky or an entire section who knows. Its all open now but I wouldnt disagree with it.

Author:  RR n' Brandon Lee [ Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

That would be a great idea if he had his own sticky where others can ask him questions.

Author:  CROWLEY [ Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

I think it's a great idea.I am for it :D

Author:  Matt [ Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

I agree completely. He has enclycopedic music knowledge and polite with it when he answers questions.

Author:  terrescrapart [ Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

He's the "Randy-Whisperer" :wink:

Author:  randyrhoadsfan1 [ Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

I think it's a good idea,whenever I ask him a question he alway's has an answer

Author:  skezza [ Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

ironface wont post in this topic he will glea in his success :P

Edit: Ironface posts below, just to prove me wrong :D.

Author:  ironface166 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:19 am ]
Post subject: 

skezza wrote:
ironface wont post in this topic he will glea in his success :P


:roll: Uh, proved you wrong again Skeez. :wink: Anyways, It's flattering and I appreciate the compliments. I just am hesitant about having my own little space here as I'm just a Mod and part of the community, not a VIP or anything. I could have heard the "public outcry" (*cough! cough! "Ego maniac!" *cough! glea in his sucess!" cough! :lol: ) if there was a section for me to answer questions ala "Ask Kevin Dubrow" when we didn't even have a Jake forum and I'm no celebrity.:lol: Well, the Jake thing is handled now and I have been getting alot of PMs asking for info (which is NEVER any problem btw), so I guess it couldn't hurt and since it wasn't my idea in the first place that "clears" me of any (*cough!) ego-charges! :P Just keep in mind that I have NEVER claimed to know EVERYTHING, so don't be too bummed if there are a few things I can't answer. :wink:

So, how do you wanna do this? Ask me questions, have me throw out obscure trivia on a regular basis? Have a game of "Iron Jeopardy" without the game show girl? :lol: (Where I ask the questions that you have to answer) Give me an idea and we can try something out, likely in the "Other Bands" forum. (Randy questions are always fine too. :wink: )

Thanks guys and gals.
Iron' (*currently jumping around "gleeing in my sucess!" :lol: Yawn.*)

Author:  randyrhoadsfan1 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:23 am ]
Post subject: 

^Well I'll start you off,do you play guitar,if so what all do you know as in techniques,styles of music you play,can you read music,are you advanced,intermediate or begginer?

Author:  ironface166 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:32 am ]
Post subject: 

randyrhoadsfan1 wrote:
^Well I'll start you off,do you play guitar,if so what all do you know as in techniques,styles of music you play,can you read music,are you advanced,intermediate or begginer?


Okay, this stuff isn't meant to be about me personally (or knowledge of guitar technique)- it's a metal/hard rock trivia thing (mainly 70's/80's, though I can go a bit further). :wink: But I'll answer it anyway-yes I play guitar, lots of the 80's techniques, mainly hard rock/metal, though I love playing acoustic and moody stuff too,probably considered an intermediete, been in bands, play for recreation now. That's all. :wink:

Author:  randyrhoadsfan1 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:36 am ]
Post subject: 

^awe ok,well here's a question.


What Rock guitarist was arrested for shooting a flamming arrow through a LP during the 70's/80's era

Author:  ironface166 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:40 am ]
Post subject: 

randyrhoadsfan1 wrote:
^awe ok,well here's a question.


What Rock guitarist was arrested for shooting a flamming arrow through a LP during the 70's/80's era


:? Mmmmm..Ted Nugent? :?

Author:  randyrhoadsfan1 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:46 am ]
Post subject: 

^ :shock: ,you got it,you are smart ok,how about this.



What famous rocker was almost shocked to death when he grabbed a metal railing during a show and the crowd thought it was apart of the show.

Author:  ironface166 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:50 am ]
Post subject: 

randyrhoadsfan1 wrote:
^ :shock: ,you got it,you are smart ok,how about this.



What famous rocker was almost shocked to death when he grabbed a metal railing during a show and the crowd thought it was apart of the show.


That would be Ace Frehley of Kiss. Happened in Lakeland, Florida and he wasn't grounded properly. He wrote the song "Shock Me" about it alledgedly.

Author:  randyrhoadsfan1 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:55 am ]
Post subject: 

and yet again your right,hmmmmm...let me see,something hard.I don't know much so this is a easy one.



Which rock group was alledgedly fond of a groupy and a mudd shark during a stay at a motel.

Author:  ironface166 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:57 am ]
Post subject: 

randyrhoadsfan1 wrote:
and yet again your right,hmmmmm...let me see,something hard.I don't know much so this is a easy one.

Which rock group was alledgedly fond of a groupy and a mudd shark during a stay at a motel.


Led Zeppelin

Author:  randyrhoadsfan1 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:00 am ]
Post subject: 

:( once again your right.Well I'm done for now,I'll let someone else ask you a question for once.



Someday Iron,someday someone will have a question you won't be able to answer.(shakes fist)

Author:  ironface166 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:05 am ]
Post subject: 

randyrhoadsfan1 wrote:
:( once again your right.Well I'm done for now,I'll let someone else ask you a question for once.



Someday Iron,someday someone will have a question you won't be able to answer.(shakes fist)


:lol: Shouldn't be too long. I think this idea was to not so much test my knowledge and try to stump me (ala "Stump The Booey" on Stern) but for asking questions people don't know the answers to maybe. Either way. :wink:

Author:  randyrhoadsfan1 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:12 am ]
Post subject: 

Ok,maybe one more



What is the name of the member and the band that Ozzy toured with in which he tried to "out shock" Ozzy by peeing in public and kneels down to lap it up but Ozzy pushes him aside and laps it up for himself.

Author:  ironface166 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:44 am ]
Post subject: 

randyrhoadsfan1 wrote:
Ok,maybe one more



What is the name of the member and the band that Ozzy toured with in which he tried to "out shock" Ozzy by peeing in public and kneels down to lap it up but Ozzy pushes him aside and laps it up for himself.


Nikki Sixx Of Motley Crue (though I've heard it said as Tommy Lee too). Also heard Ozzy snorted a line of ants to outshock them too.

Author:  Follis [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:55 am ]
Post subject: 

ironface166 wrote:
randyrhoadsfan1 wrote:
and yet again your right,hmmmmm...let me see,something hard.I don't know much so this is a easy one.

Which rock group was alledgedly fond of a groupy and a mudd shark during a stay at a motel.


Led Zeppelin


Vanilla Fudge was there, too.

Author:  The Spork of the Future [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:58 am ]
Post subject: 

That's gross......

Author:  Jeepman [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:09 am ]
Post subject: 

If ironface would want to do this,I think that it's a really cool idea. 8) He's certainly worthy of it. He's proven it time and time again. :wink: :D

Author:  skezza [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:40 am ]
Post subject: 

ok Ironface heres some:
1. Wasted Time was a song by who?
2. What was the song about?
3. Who was the singer on the single Yankee Rose?
4. Jimmy Paige has always been famous for using a Gibson Les Paul, but which guitar did he use before that?
5. Which rock/metal guitarist wrote as its known, the Top Gun theme?

Author:  ironface166 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

skezza wrote:
ok Ironface heres some:
1. Wasted Time was a song by who?
2. What was the song about?
3. Who was the singer on the single Yankee Rose?
4. Jimmy Paige has always been famous for using a Gibson Les Paul, but which guitar did he use before that?
5. Which rock/metal guitarist wrote as its known, the Top Gun theme?


1. Skid Row

2. Never really analyzed it, but I'd guess it's about a guy's friend who is addicted to drugs maybe? :? Not a lyric decipherer. :lol:

3. David Lee Roth

4. Telecaster and Danelectro

5. Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)

Author:  gitrdanny [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

alright Iron. Ive got a couple for you

1. what page number and the magazine that mentions Randy playing guitar with Ozzy and volume and edition number that was published on April 12th, 1987. Please dont forget to mention if the page was on the left or right.

2. What size shoe did Benjamin Orr of the Cars wear when he was 19 yrs old and did he put them on right foot first or left?? ( sorry for the 2 part question)

and last (and certainly the hardest)

3. Actually how many strings does a 5 string Bass have?

thanks for your time. I will be anxiously awaiting your answers (this will be interesting)

Author:  skezza [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

well the answer to number 3 is certainly::::: Bass guitar never heard of it :P

Author:  ironface166 [ Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

gitrdanny wrote:
alright Iron. Ive got a couple for you

1. what page number and the magazine that mentions Randy playing guitar with Ozzy and volume and edition number that was published on April 12th, 1987. Please dont forget to mention if the page was on the left or right.

2. What size shoe did Benjamin Orr of the Cars wear when he was 19 yrs old and did he put them on right foot first or left?? ( sorry for the 2 part question)

and last (and certainly the hardest)

3. Actually how many strings does a 5 string Bass have?

thanks for your time. I will be anxiously awaiting your answers (this will be interesting)



1. Guitar World-Volume 8-Edition 4, pgs 4, 6 and 28-60. :P (left and right sides of pages) :lol:

2. Not much of a foot fan, so I never analyzed the topic. I'll guess, size 10 and right. :lol:

3. I'll take a wild guess...umm..5? :?

Okay, now that that is out of the system, no more joke questions. :lol:

Try this one:
World-famous guitar accessory inventor who revolutionized guitars in the 80's was in a mid-80's metal band from Seattle.
1. Name the guy.
2. Name his band.
3. Name the two albums he played on.

And this:
Aside from Tony Iommi, name 3 guitarists that have lost parts of their fingers and continued their playing careers. (and this isn't counting Django Rheinhardt)

Page 1 of 14 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/