It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:00 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:14 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:43 am
Posts: 294
Location: Washington
Alright maybe a little more Sabbath trivia. This is a pretty rare fact, but you have a good chance since its true/false.

Tony Iommi once punched Ozzy in the face because he ripped up a bible live onstage.

Tell me if you guessed, cause I will be curious.

Good luck.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:17 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:55 pm
Posts: 707
Location: Eugene,Oregon
The Pecker wrote:
Alright maybe a little more Sabbath trivia. This is a pretty rare fact, but you have a good chance since its true/false.

Tony Iommi once punched Ozzy in the face because he ripped up a bible live onstage.

Tell me if you guessed, cause I will be curious.

Good luck.


Id laugh if thats true

_________________
"Music Is My Religon"-Me

"When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace."-Jimi Hendrix


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:38 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 7:45 pm
Posts: 695
ironface166 wrote:
-62SG- wrote:
Let's see what you know about Sabbath. :lol:

1) Which member has worked with all members excluding Iommi?
If I interpret your question right, it is which member has worked with all the other members outside of Sabbath, except for working with Tony. The answer is Ozzy, who worked with Bill Ward on his first solo album, "Along The Way" ( on "Jack's Land" and "Bombers Can't Open Bomb Bays") and also with Geezer on "Ozzmosis". However, Ozzy also worked with Tony on his first solo album "Iommi" on "Who's Folling Who". :wink:

2) What two covers did Sabbath ever play live?
"Blue Suede Shoes" and "Don't Cry For Me Argentina"?

3) Who was the origional drummer that was supposed to play on Dehumanizer and why did he not appear on that record?
Cozy Powell and from what Dio said at the time was that while he loved Cozy, he didn't feel he should be part of any Black Sabbath reunion (Mach 2) with him.

4) Who is the only member to ever do background vocals live and what vocalist did he backup? Think ya got me on this one, as I only am really aware of the studio backups off the "Never Say Die" album.

Hopefully no brainbusters


First question came out wrong. I was talking about a Sabbath member who has worked with all other members over the years inside Sabbath. Answer would be Geoff Nicholls because he joined during H&H and worked with Sabbath all the way until a few years ago after the Reunion.

For the second one, I was actually talking about Apache during the Headless Cross tour and Smoke On The Water during the Born Again tour. I never heard of the one song you mentioned and Blue Sude Shoes wasn't really part of the show. It was done for soundcheck. I'll let you slide on this one. :lol:

Third one, I don't know if the story's true, but I thought Cozy fell off a horse.

Forth one was the only one you really got wrong. It was Geoff Nicholls. On certain shows he did backups for Tony Martin. Usually, they would use studio overdubs like on Headless Cross since it was such a high note and there was alot of prodution put into the album to make parts of the song sound thicker in the vocal section.

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:21 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
The Pecker wrote:
Alright maybe a little more Sabbath trivia. This is a pretty rare fact, but you have a good chance since its true/false.

Tony Iommi once punched Ozzy in the face because he ripped up a bible live onstage.

Tell me if you guessed, cause I will be curious.

Good luck.


I heard that Tony punched Ozzy out, not onstage but in a hotel for continously ripping up the Bibles in the rooms.

-62SG- wrote:
First question came out wrong. I was talking about a Sabbath member who has worked with all other members over the years inside Sabbath. Answer would be Geoff Nicholls because he joined during H&H and worked with Sabbath all the way until a few years ago after the Reunion.

For the second one, I was actually talking about Apache during the Headless Cross tour and Smoke On The Water during the Born Again tour. I never heard of the one song you mentioned and Blue Sude Shoes wasn't really part of the show. It was done for soundcheck. I'll let you slide on this one. :lol:

Third one, I don't know if the story's true, but I thought Cozy fell off a horse.

Forth one was the only one you really got wrong. It was Geoff Nicholls. On certain shows he did backups for Tony Martin. Usually, they would use studio overdubs like on Headless Cross since it was such a high note and there was alot of prodution put into the album to make parts of the song sound thicker in the vocal section.


Okay, I was wondering about the phrasing of the first question, but I would have gotten that too. :lol:

As for the cover songs, I about smacked myself for not mentioning "Smoke On The Water" ( :lol: ), but just threw the 2 other obscure ones in. You said "played live" so I thought the TV filming of "Blue Suede" may have fallen under that. :lol: "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" is an oldie that was played once in 1982.

The Cozy leg break probably was a factor, but Dio had said he felt uncomfortable having him as part of the "reunion". He wanted Bill Ward, but ended uop going with Vinny again.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:18 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:55 pm
Posts: 707
Location: Eugene,Oregon
Wow I hope ozzy beat tonys ass lol

_________________
"Music Is My Religon"-Me

"When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace."-Jimi Hendrix


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:43 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
RandyRhoadsRiot wrote:
Wow I hope ozzy beat tonys ass lol


:lol: Never happened. Tony used to beat up Ozzy on a regular basis, from their teen years through their time in the band. :wink: He's a big guy.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:57 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:55 pm
Posts: 707
Location: Eugene,Oregon
dang forgot about that

_________________
"Music Is My Religon"-Me

"When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace."-Jimi Hendrix


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:11 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
Tony Iommi: " Yeah, I used to hate the sight of Ozzy. I couldn't stand him and I used to beat him up whenever I saw him. We just didn't get on at school. He was a little punk."

Oh and Tony once punched out Ozzy for catching him humming The Beatle's "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" at school. *LOL*LOL*


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:42 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:43 am
Posts: 294
Location: Washington
Yeah Iommi seems like a pretty burly man. I would to have loved to watch one of his Judo fights. He would probably dominate at some football too. I wonder if he remembers any of those karate moves.

This one's leaning a little towards classic rock, but I'll ask it anyways:

The founding member of Boston worked as what before he quit that job to work full-time with the band?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:10 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
The Pecker wrote:
The founding member of Boston worked as what before he quit that job to work full-time with the band?


Tom Scholz had a few degrees in engineering and was working for Polaroid. Quite the inventor he has turned out to be also.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:40 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:44 am
Posts: 113
ironface166 wrote:
The Pecker wrote:
The founding member of Boston worked as what before he quit that job to work full-time with the band?


Tom Scholz had a few degrees in engineering and was working for Polaroid. Quite the inventor he has turned out to be also.


Ok heres one.


What did he invent? lol


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:44 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 2:17 pm
Posts: 839
Location: Georgia, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way, the Universe
ironface166 wrote:
Tony Iommi: " Yeah, I used to hate the sight of Ozzy. I couldn't stand him and I used to beat him up whenever I saw him. We just didn't get on at school. He was a little punk."

Oh and Tony once punched out Ozzy for catching him humming The Beatle's "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" at school. *LOL*LOL*

I love that song....

_________________
”All Randy ever wanted to do was play the guitar. I don't remember him ever saying he wanted to do anything else. I can’t remember a time before he played guitar." ~ Kellie Rhoads

"Come BIG or don't come at all. :cool:" - Mike


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:06 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
Link wrote:
ironface166 wrote:
The Pecker wrote:
The founding member of Boston worked as what before he quit that job to work full-time with the band?


Tom Scholz had a few degrees in engineering and was working for Polaroid. Quite the inventor he has turned out to be also.


Ok heres one.


What did he invent? lol


Everybody should know that one-the Rockman. He also has many patents on other things he's engineered in the music and electronics fields.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:47 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:55 pm
Posts: 707
Location: Eugene,Oregon
Iron face... you know way to much.You are like google.com you can find anything on it

_________________
"Music Is My Religon"-Me

"When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace."-Jimi Hendrix


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:24 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:44 am
Posts: 113
RandyRhoadsRiot wrote:
Iron face... you know way to much.You are like google.com you can find anything on it


Maybe he's related to google.. :shock:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:23 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
Link wrote:
RandyRhoadsRiot wrote:
Iron face... you know way to much.You are like google.com you can find anything on it


Maybe he's related to google.. :shock:


I don't know anybody named google, nor use internet cheats. :wink:
I was Iron Google, before they invented the internet. :lol: Course I'm not as info-packed as the multi-million person entity now known as google. :lol:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:31 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:43 am
Posts: 294
Location: Washington
You got me on that one Ironface. I doubt I could stump you.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:40 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
The Pecker wrote:
You got me on that one Ironface. I doubt I could stump you.


Actually, the idea of this thread wasn't to try and stump me (though more people than not try it anyway. :lol: ), but to answer questions that people may not know or want answers to in the HM/Hard Rock field (and Randy-related, of course). If ya can't google it, take a shot at me. :lol: :wink:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:44 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:25 pm
Posts: 3885
Location: The Temples of Syrinx
Hey Iron -- Thought you might know more details on this. I rented Triumph's concert DVD, "Live - A Night of Triumph," from Netflix and watched it tonight. It was recorded during the "Sport of Kings" tour and I was shocked to see that they had a fourth guy onstage with them, Rick Santer, playing guitar and keyboards. :shock: I don't remember hearing of Triumph adding a fourth member back in the day. What gives?? It was sacrilege to me to see someone else up there playing guitar with Rik Emmett -- sorta like seeing Van Halen or Rush add an extra guitarist. :(

What's the story??? *?

_________________
ImageImage
"Blackened is the end; Winter it will send; Throwing all you see into obscurity."


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:15 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
rickhawk80 wrote:
Hey Iron -- Thought you might know more details on this. I rented Triumph's concert DVD, "Live - A Night of Triumph," from Netflix and watched it tonight. It was recorded during the "Sport of Kings" tour and I was shocked to see that they had a fourth guy onstage with them, Rick Santer, playing guitar and keyboards. :shock: I don't remember hearing of Triumph adding a fourth member back in the day. What gives?? It was sacrilege to me to see someone else up there playing guitar with Rik Emmett -- sorta like seeing Van Halen or Rush add an extra guitarist. :(

What's the story??? *?


All I know is Rick Santers had been in his own band, Santers, prior to his touring gig with Triumph in the mid 80's (what was "Sport Of Kings", 1985?) and had done a few albums that were getting alot of press in Britain, like in Kerrang and Sounds. That's where I first heard of them.
Santers was also from Canada, so I'd say that he met Triumph during the early 80's and was later asked to do the tour as a sideman. Cheap Trick did the same thing for a few tours by having a keyboardist who played guitar on the side also. Journey's keyboardist used to pick up the rhythm guitar on occassion too. That's all I got. :wink: :wink:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:41 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:25 pm
Posts: 3885
Location: The Temples of Syrinx
Thanks for the info, Iron!! 8)

_________________
ImageImage
"Blackened is the end; Winter it will send; Throwing all you see into obscurity."


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:07 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:25 pm
Posts: 3885
Location: The Temples of Syrinx
I never really wondered about this before, but the new cover of "Classic Rock" magazine has a pic of Guns N' Roses from their classic days on it and maybe you'll know this, Iron:

There is a tattoo on Axl's right bicep of a woman's face. Is the woman anyone significant to Axl, or is it just a generic tatoo of a woman's face?

I never really wondered about it before but seeing that tattoo staring out at me this week from the magazine cover got me thinking about it.....

_________________
ImageImage
"Blackened is the end; Winter it will send; Throwing all you see into obscurity."


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:17 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
rickhawk80 wrote:
I never really wondered about this before, but the new cover of "Classic Rock" magazine has a pic of Guns N' Roses from their classic days on it and maybe you'll know this, Iron:

There is a tattoo on Axl's right bicep of a woman's face. Is the woman anyone significant to Axl, or is it just a generic tatoo of a woman's face?

I never really wondered about it before but seeing that tattoo staring out at me this week from the magazine cover got me thinking about it.....


I've heard that tattoo is suppossed to be the likeness of an ex-girlfriend named Michelle, who was the inspiration for the song "My Michelle" off "Appetite For Destruction".


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:18 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:25 pm
Posts: 3885
Location: The Temples of Syrinx
Interesting. Thanks, buddy. :D

_________________
ImageImage
"Blackened is the end; Winter it will send; Throwing all you see into obscurity."


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:54 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:05 pm
Posts: 2709
Location: NY
Hey Iron, is it true that if you take two solid copper atoms and one oxygen molecule, it will result in two copper oxide molecules ?

just messin around with ya.

_________________
God Bless Randy Rhoads
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZhKR_shMpM


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:34 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
rrguitar wrote:
Hey Iron, is it true that if you take two solid copper atoms and one oxygen molecule, it will result in two copper oxide molecules ?

just messin around with ya.


:-k Possible, but for sure hydrogen molecules can be activated by excited mercury atoms by collisions of the second kind and that copper oxide and tungstic oxide can then be reduced. :wink: :lol:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:46 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:43 pm
Posts: 3019
Location: Richmond,IN
ironface166 wrote:
rrguitar wrote:
Hey Iron, is it true that if you take two solid copper atoms and one oxygen molecule, it will result in two copper oxide molecules ?

just messin around with ya.


:-k Possible, but for sure hydrogen molecules can be activated by excited mercury atoms by collisions of the second kind and that copper oxide and tungstic oxide can then be reduced. :wink: :lol:


:shock: Mr Wizard isnt dead afterall!

_________________
You must show no mercy...nor have any belief in how others judge you...for your greatness will silence them all.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:04 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
Rybones wrote:
:shock: Mr Wizard isnt dead afterall!


What would give that idea? *? Still kickin'. :wink:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:10 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:43 pm
Posts: 3019
Location: Richmond,IN
ironface166 wrote:
Rybones wrote:
:shock: Mr Wizard isnt dead afterall!


What would give that idea? *? Still kickin'. :wink:


Afraid not man.



Don Herbert, TV's 'Mr. Wizard,' dies at 89

Don Herbert, who as television's "Mr. Wizard" introduced generations of young viewers to the joys of science, died Tuesday. Herbert was 89.

"He really taught kids how to use the thinking skills of a scientist," said former colleague Steve Jacobs. He worked with Herbert on a 1980s show that echoed the original 1950s "Watch Mr. Wizard" series, which became a fond baby boomer memory.

Herbert, who had bone cancer, died at his suburban Bell Canyon home, said his son-in-law, Tom Nikosey. He would have been 90 on July 20

_________________
You must show no mercy...nor have any belief in how others judge you...for your greatness will silence them all.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:17 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
:lol: :lol: Thought you were talking about me. *LOL*LOL*
Oops. :oops: The context of the post threw me out in far left field. :lol:


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC


 Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: