It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:28 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Thanks, ironface!!! I'll send an e-mail to Mr. Shortino. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:42 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

ironface166 wrote:
dee_ wrote:
man by artist i mean guitarist ...

You want me to tell you what guitarist is about to put out a new CD? :?
You must be joking. :lol: This is a trivia thread, not a up to the minute news center (try blabbermouth.net). There's probably 1000 guitarists about to put out a new CD.

Next!

don't take it so bad man ...
jizaaaaaazzzzzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:03 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

What was the name of the guitarist in Ratt who passed away? Who replaced him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:13 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Patrick McDaniel wrote:
What was the name of the guitarist in Ratt who passed away? Who replaced him?

Thank God, a real question. :lol: It was Robbin Crosby. He was actually out of the band for about 12 years before he died though. They never really replaced him, as Warren DeMartini became the sole guitarist and then Ratt broke up for awhile and kinda split into 2 different groups later on. Michael Schenker did play with the band a few times following Crosby's leaving the band, due to their playing together on an episode of "UnPlugged" and Schenker and Ratt drummer Bobby Blotzer's short time together in the group Contraband (also featuring Tracii Guns).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:48 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Hate to throw another up at you but isnt jizzie pearl (sp) singing for ratt now? Its a shame steven left. I like jizzie better in love\hate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:04 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Patrick McDaniel wrote:
Hate to throw another up at you but isnt jizzie pearl (sp) singing for ratt now? Its a shame steven left. I like jizzie better in love\hate.

He was awhile back(probably still is), but I didn't consider it Ratt anymore with a revolving door of bassists, rhythm guitarists and singers. Kerry Kelly, Robbie Crane,Rudy Sarzo, John Corabi and others have slipped through the ranks over the last 10 years. Only Demartini and Blotzer were left last time I heard and it sounded pretty bad. :roll:

Post subject: Question For IronFace.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:09 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Here is a question for Ironface

1.Why did Randy Rhoads Grow his Thumb Nail (1 Answer)

2.What did Randy do that made ozzy automaically exceppt him?

3. What does "Dee" mean.

Hey whats up Randy Rhoads fans! I Love Randy, He Was A God In The Midst Of Mortals. Randy Played from the Heart and That is why he was and always will be the best guitarist. I only dream of one day seeing him when i am dead (haha).

Post subject: Re: Question For IronFace.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:03 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

RRrhoads56' wrote:
Here is a question for Ironface

1.Why did Randy Rhoads Grow his Thumb Nail (1 Answer)

2.What did Randy do that made ozzy automaically exceppt him?

3. What does "Dee" mean.

1). He liked it long because it was the very much a part of the early-70's glam look he took on. Also heard it was a contest he had to see who could grow there's longer with someone else. (Both answers supplied by Kelly Garni over the years)

2). Started warming up on his guitar.

3). It's short for his mother's name, Delores.

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:14 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

:shock: WOW man you are amazing. I can not believe it. Are you sure you aren't Randy Rhoads. Can you play like him. Please Teach me. :D

Hey whats up Randy Rhoads fans! I Love Randy, He Was A God In The Midst Of Mortals. Randy Played from the Heart and That is why he was and always will be the best guitarist. I only dream of one day seeing him when i am dead (haha).

Post subject: Re: wow
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:17 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

RRrhoads56' wrote:
:shock: WOW man you are amazing. I can not believe it. Are you sure you aren't Randy Rhoads. Can you play like him. Please Teach me. :D

Don't get all crazy, those were very simple Randy questions (especially the last one). :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:55 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

What happend with the original guitarist of W.A.S.P. ? I heard he left because of his drinking problem but then came back and then left again. Is any of that true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:18 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Ironface166 i know that this is not a question but can you help me with my forum ? http://www.jasonbeckertribute.tk
can you give me some tips to make it known?
\m/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:36 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Patrick McDaniel wrote:
What happend with the original guitarist of W.A.S.P. ? I heard he left because of his drinking problem but then came back and then left again. Is any of that true?

Well, lead guitarist Randy Piper left after their second album ("The Last Command") due to problems with head honcho Blackie. He ended up playing country/western for awhile and then formed the heavy rock band Animal a few years back. I think your talking about infamous party animal Chris Holmes though, who left after their studio album "The Headless Children" around 89-90, not because of his massive boozing problem though. He came back to WASP in the late 90's for the "Kill, F**k, Die" and "Helldorodo" albums, but left again due to personal differences with Lawless.

dee_ wrote:
Ironface166 i know that this is not a question but can you help me with my forum ? http://www.jasonbeckertribute.tk
can you give me some tips to make it known?
\m/

I can only suggest word of mouth and maybe posting at other guitar sites and letting it be known. Sorry, that's all I can think of. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:19 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Thx for the answer iron. I know I could probably search for this but I know its not hard at all for you so I just thought Id ask. When jake was with ozzy, did jake at least write his own guitar parts. I know you cant always go by whats in liner notes and what it says on the cd because they'll screw you out of your rights. Hope this isnt too dumb of a ?, thx in advance for the answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:29 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Patrick McDaniel wrote:
When jake was with ozzy, did jake at least write his own guitar parts. I know you cant always go by whats in liner notes and what it says on the cd because they'll screw you out of your rights. Hope this isnt too dumb of a ?, thx in advance for the answer.

Nah, not a dumb question at all dude. Most people would think he wrote them all, but he didn't (rhthym-wise at least). "Shot In The Dark" was written by Phil Soussan before he was in Ozzy and here's Jake telling what music he wrote himself on "Bark At The Moon', which leads me to interprete that the other songs guitar parts were written by either Bob Daisley or someone uncredited. :?

GW: How much input did you have on Bark At The Moon?

Jake: “Most of the music was mine. “Rock N’ Roll Rebel”, “Bark At The Moon”, “Now You See It, (Now You Don’t)”, “Waiting For Darkness” and “Slow Down” were mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:58 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

iron, who is the Caltia credited as co-writing GNR's Right Next Door to Hell on UYI I?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:23 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Follis wrote:
iron, who is the Caltia credited as co-writing GNR's Right Next Door to Hell on UYI I?

Hmm..never paid much attention to the songwriting assists. No idea, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:35 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Thanks anyway!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:36 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Does steve write most of the material for maiden? I think adrian and dave occasionally throw stuff in but im not for certain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:21 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Patrick McDaniel wrote:
Does steve write most of the material for maiden? I think adrian and dave occasionally throw stuff in but im not for certain.

Correct . Alot of the stuff is a collaboration between different members.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:43 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Hey Ironface.Is there any truth to the story I read.When Randy discussed leaving Ozzy,Tommy Aldridge said to Randy "The only way you'll leave this band is if you die" (jokingly I presume)? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:41 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

P C M wrote:
Hey Ironface.Is there any truth to the story I read.When Randy discussed leaving Ozzy,Tommy Aldridge said to Randy "The only way you'll leave this band is if you die" (jokingly I presume)? :?

That's what Tommy was quoted as saying in an interview, so that's all we have to go by. He did say he was joking at the time though.

Here's the quote:

"If Randy hadn't died, he wouldn't have been with Ozzy much longer. He didn't hate being with Ozzy, but he quickly got into a position where he wanted to leave and be on his own. He was very concerned with his legal position and would often come to me with legal questions. One day he showed me a bunch of legal documents and told me he definitely wanted out. I looked at them, and jokingly told him "Randy, the only way you're going to get out of this is to die."

I can only assume Randy showed him some kind of signed contract for recording/touring and that Randy was commited for a certain time beyond the Diary tour. Just from Tommy's reaction after looking at the paperwork, it sounds like it didn't have any loopholes in it. That's just the way I read it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:11 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

ironface166 wrote:
randyrhoadsfan1 wrote:
Ok,maybe one more

What is the name of the member and the band that Ozzy toured with in which he tried to "out shock" Ozzy by peeing in public and kneels down to lap it up but Ozzy pushes him aside and laps it up for himself.

Nikki Sixx Of Motley Crue (though I've heard it said as Tommy Lee too). Also heard Ozzy snorted a line of ants to outshock them too.

hahahahah was just reading and come accross this haha is this meant to be for real haha come on what PR guy come up with that. Where are the pics haha
I like it keep the mith alive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:31 am 

shanic wrote:
ironface166 wrote:
randyrhoadsfan1 wrote:
Ok,maybe one more

What is the name of the member and the band that Ozzy toured with in which he tried to "out shock" Ozzy by peeing in public and kneels down to lap it up but Ozzy pushes him aside and laps it up for himself.

Nikki Sixx Of Motley Crue (though I've heard it said as Tommy Lee too). Also heard Ozzy snorted a line of ants to outshock them too.

hahahahah was just reading and come accross this haha is this meant to be for real haha come on what PR guy come up with that. Where are the pics haha
I like it keep the mith alive
You can read the entire story in Motley Crue's book "The Dirt". It's quite disgusting :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:56 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

This topic seems tasty. Alright iron, before Black Sabbath was called Black Sabbath, what was their name? And even before that was what they were called, what was their previous band that they were in, and how many members were in it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:37 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

The Pecker wrote:
This topic seems tasty. Alright iron, before Black Sabbath was called Black Sabbath, what was their name? And even before that was what they were called, what was their previous band that they were in, and how many members were in it?

I know me Sabbath. :lol: Okay, before changing the name to Black Sabbath, the band (Iommi, Butler, Osbourne and Ward) were called Earth. Before that they were called Polka Tulk (before that, Pulka Tulk Blues Band), which very briefly had six members (a slide guitarist and sax player, who were soon booted). Before that Tony and Bill were in a band called Mythology, while Ozzy and Geezer (playing rhythm guitar, not bass) were in a band called Rare Breed. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:49 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

touche' my good friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:51 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Let's see what you know about Sabbath. :lol:

1) Which member has worked with all members excluding Iommi?

2) What two covers did Sabbath ever play live?

3) Who was the origional drummer that was supposed to play on Dehumanizer and why did he not appear on that record?

4) Who is the only member to ever do background vocals live and what vocalist did he backup?

Hopefully no brainbusters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:06 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

-62SG- wrote:
Let's see what you know about Sabbath. :lol:

1) Which member has worked with all members excluding Iommi?
If I interpret your question right, it is which member has worked with all the other members outside of Sabbath, except for working with Tony. The answer is Ozzy, who worked with Bill Ward on his first solo album, "Along The Way" ( on "Jack's Land" and "Bombers Can't Open Bomb Bays") and also with Geezer on "Ozzmosis". However, Ozzy also worked with Tony on his first solo album "Iommi" on "Who's Folling Who". :wink:

2) What two covers did Sabbath ever play live?
"Blue Suede Shoes" and "Don't Cry For Me Argentina"?

3) Who was the origional drummer that was supposed to play on Dehumanizer and why did he not appear on that record?
Cozy Powell and from what Dio said at the time was that while he loved Cozy, he didn't feel he should be part of any Black Sabbath reunion (Mach 2) with him.

4) Who is the only member to ever do background vocals live and what vocalist did he backup? Think ya got me on this one, as I only am really aware of the studio backups off the "Never Say Die" album.

Hopefully no brainbusters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:24 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Geoff Nicholls sang backing vox.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next