It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:57 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

A couple things I been wonderin' 'bout:

Did Ozzy redo the vox for the BATM MTV vid?
And how much overdubbing did Priest do for their Priest...Live! album?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:20 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Follis wrote:
A couple things I been wonderin' 'bout:

Did Ozzy redo the vox for the BATM MTV vid?
And how much overdubbing did Priest do for their Priest...Live! album?

Do you mean the Salt Lake City concert 1984 vid? If so, I'd say yes. However, they played a few songs off that concert on a show called Rock Palace in 84 that has different camera angles of the songs and Ozzy's voice sounded a tad rough there, so I'd say that was uncut vocals. I'll have to watch both back to back. Funny you mention that show cause yesterday I was listening to the radio broadacast and I heard some guitar overdubs that didn't match up with my memory of the Rock Palace gig.

As for the Priest...Live album (from the "Turbo" tour) I can only guess at the ammount of overdubbing on it. I think they should have overdubbed the entire album and picked a better tour to record from. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:51 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Thanks!! I wasn't too sure if Ozzy had overdubbed, since he flubs the lyrics to Mr. Crowley.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:07 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Hey iron, I was curious. Do you know pretty boy floyd? Im pretty sure youve heard of them. Im just curious as to what ever happend to them. I remember buying leather boys with electric toys and thats the last I heard of them. Good album though IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:19 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Here's one, name all Ozzy's guitarists that have played 'flying high' with Ozzy live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:36 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Des wrote:
Here's one, name all Ozzy's guitarists that have played 'flying high' with Ozzy live.

What is this, a trick question? :? :lol: All of the guys that have been in Ozzy's band on guitar (one + gis) have played it at one point or another on tour.

Randy Rhoads
Bernie Torme'
Brad Gillis
Jake E Lee
Zakk Wylde
Alex Skolnick
Joe Holmes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:39 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Patrick McDaniel wrote:
Hey iron, I was curious. Do you know pretty boy floyd? Im pretty sure youve heard of them. Im just curious as to what ever happend to them. I remember buying leather boys with electric toys and thats the last I heard of them. Good album though IMO.

Ahh, the last glam band. :lol: They bit it after that, as they came out right when the musical tide changed. Whereabouts unknown. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:26 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Location: Georgia, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way, the Universe
Ok Iron.
Prepared to be stumped
Who is One in a Million dedicated to? (the one by Quiet Riot, not Guns n' Roses)

"Come BIG or don't come at all. :cool:" - Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:56 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

The Spork of the Future wrote:
Ok Iron.
Prepared to be stumped
Who is One in a Million dedicated to? (the one by Quiet Riot, not Guns n' Roses)

Okay, tell me who you think it's dedicated to and where you got the info. According to Kevin (who co-wrote it), it wasn't dedicated to anyone. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:57 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Well ,when they play it live at the WHiskey? they dedicate it to their engineer. The song itself wasn't dedicated to him, but, maybe that performance of the song was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:32 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Follis wrote:
Well ,when they play it live at the WHiskey? they dedicate it to their engineer. The song itself wasn't dedicated to him, but, maybe that performance of the song was.

Oh, from the question I thought he meant the recording. But yeah, at that gig the song was dedicated to Gary or Jerry Pritiken (sp?) if I remember right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:39 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

I am trying to collect kingdom come's albums. Do you know how many albums they had out and if its not too many could you name them, or maybe give me a link because Im having some trouble. Thx :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:37 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Patrick McDaniel wrote:
I am trying to collect kingdom come's albums. Do you know how many albums they had out and if its not too many could you name them, or maybe give me a link because Im having some trouble. Thx :wink:

Hmm..I found it rather easy to find. There's a few differnt KC sites. This one will give ya all the albums plus more. :wink:

http://www.perlut.addr.com/kc/kc1.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:44 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Thanks a ton man. Now I just gotta get some x-mas money to spend :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:15 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Location: Georgia, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way, the Universe
When was Lee Kerslake born?
I need to know this for a school project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:21 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

When was Lee Kerslake born?
I need to know this for a school project.

Sorry, birthdates aren't a specialty. Try a google on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:33 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Wow...
I stumped the Iron without even trying :lol: I tried Google, and I couldn't find anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:38 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Wow...
I stumped the Iron without even trying :lol: I tried Google, and I couldn't find anything.

Birthdates don't qualify as a "stump". I barely remember my own. :lol:
I don't do heights, weights, blood types or children's names either. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:48 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Darn! I was about to ask you that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:50 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

what about dogs? maybe pets of famous people. what about Cow's do you do Cow's??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:26 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Munky from KoRn also lost a part of his finger... but the could "put it back on"... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:04 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

How many van halen albums went to number 1? I only know one, maybe thats good, maybe thats bad :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:44 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Patrick McDaniel wrote:
How many van halen albums went to number 1? I only know one, maybe thats good, maybe thats bad :lol:

I know 1984 did....maybe OU812 or 5150?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:10 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

ibanez122 wrote:
Patrick McDaniel wrote:

1984 did not make it to #1. It was stuck behind Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album and only made it to #2. "5150" however did make it to #1, but that was only because of consumer curiosity. It couldn't (nor could any of the Van Hagar albums) hold a candle to any of the Dave albums (except the F.U.C.K. album), disregarding "Diver Down".
They sold alot of albums with Sam, but only cause guys like me kept buying them hoping they would put out something as good as the Roth albums. There was no internet to get free samples and albums for free back then to scope out. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:37 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

ironface166 wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:
Patrick McDaniel wrote:

1984 did not make it to #1. It was stuck behind Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album and only made it to #2. "5150" however did make it to #1, but that was only because of consumer curiosity. It couldn't (nor could any of the Van Hagar albums) hold a candle to any of the Dave albums (except the F.U.C.K. album), disregarding "Diver Down".
They sold alot of albums with Sam, but only cause guys like me kept buying them hoping they would put out something as good as the Roth albums. There was no internet to get free samples and albums for free back then to scope out. :roll:

thanks for clearing up the 84 thing. I was always under the impression that it did

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:47 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Iron I know about the VH stuff, I was young in the early 90's but I knew my metal then, and I guess Id say their best hagar album is F.U.C.K. Something about poundcake and isnt man on a mission on that album as well??? Just a side bit of info since I know a lot of people view this thread and I didnt want to start a whole new one, last night on Fuse, they had a thing like essentials to metal talking about real metal fans and the devil horns and legends in metal guitar playing. While playing walk by pantera, Randy's Picture was actually on screen :shock: Finally, some recognition. And as a side note, on BLS's last tour Zakk went 80 some days with no shower or brushing his teeth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:08 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Ironface you da man!!!! I don't have a question to stump you with but, rather a question that I know you can answer. The King biscuit Flower Hour show of Randy....was that from Heavy Metal Holocaust? That is my favorite recorded show of Rhoads and I was just wondering if that was correct. Very high quality recording and the playing on I Don't Know...GIVES ME GOOSE BUMPS EVERYTIME. Can you give me info and input on this? Thanks man and you are an asset to this site. God bless.....P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:53 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

No, the King Biscuit Flower Hour radio broadcast was from Montreal, Canada 7-28-81, 4 days before the HM Holocaust gig (August 1st). :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:09 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

As I said, "You da man!" 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:10 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Hey Iron,
This is not a stumper question. More of a 'where is he now' thing (and I don't know the answer). Do you know what ever happened to the guitar player on the first Bonham record? I always liked his playing and the songwriting on that 1st album although I wasn't as impressed with the follow up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 400 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next