It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: After 15 years, Midnight returns...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:35 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

The legendary singer of Crimson Glory breaks 15 years of silence and staying in the shadows of the music industry and returns as a solo artist.

His amazing new album, "Sakada", is a 9-song ecclectic, yet mesmerizing trip though the senses. An immaculately-produced affair which effortlessly mingles heavily psychedelic-tinged songs with several heavier numbers more reminiscent of the man's past, in addition to an impossibly beautiful ballad that will surely conjure up some memories of a time long since passed. "Sakada" is not a re-production of Midnight’s musical past, but it shows a new face of this powerful frontman - retaining its metal origins and combining them with dramatic rock and psychedelic elements!

Calling him merely a 'rock singer' is simply too narrow and restricting to define his genius. Blessed with the voice of an angel, a characteristically otherworldly texture and an amazing range, Midnight is able to channel an extraordinary amount of feeling into his songs as well as deliver them in the most unique manner. One of the most remarkable voices that has ever been and ever will be, and a voice capable of sending shivers down your spine. His often off-the-wall lyrical imagery is capable of invoking mystical and magical symbolism, while the poetry paints exquisite depictions of rage and beauty.

So join the deviant angel on a journey across the desert, on a camel that has no eyes, searching for a lonely paradise… Midnight is back!

Last edited by Whitewolf on Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:36 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I loved Midnight in Crimson Glory, but what I've heard so far of this hasn't impressed me. :cry: I'll have to check out the whole thing before my final opinion though. I wish they would've gotten Midnight to sing on the Erotic Liquid Culture disc. That was one of the most under-appreciated CD's of all time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:10 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

I haven't heard ELC (or any post-CG bands except for Ben Jackson's new group)... I heard that David Van Landing wasn't the best choice for ELC.
Sadly, don't be expecting another Transcendence with this album, because it's nowhere near that landmark masterpiece. Actually, I really like this album, but to say it's "different" would be an understatement.