It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:56 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 840 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:28 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:18 pm
Posts: 472
Location: over here --->
I heard on the radio today that Gene Simmons made a statement saying "I believe that KISS could very well move forward without any original members, KISS is a state of being, not about the members."

lmao...would anyone go see a show without Gene or Paul? lol

_________________
Image
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:35 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
Brandon wrote:
I heard on the radio today that Gene Simmons made a statement saying "I believe that KISS could very well move forward without any original members, KISS is a state of being, not about the members."

lmao...would anyone go see a show without Gene or Paul? lol


Yeah, he said that a few years ago too. Saying that Kiss could go on without any of the original members in the lineup. I think he was talking out his...err..rear, with that one. :lol:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:41 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 pm
Posts: 2789
Location: In your internets
ironface166 wrote:
Brandon wrote:
I heard on the radio today that Gene Simmons made a statement saying "I believe that KISS could very well move forward without any original members, KISS is a state of being, not about the members."

lmao...would anyone go see a show without Gene or Paul? lol


Yeah, he said that a few years ago too. Saying that Kiss could go on without any of the original members in the lineup. I think he was talking out his...err..rear, with that one. :lol:


LOL....they're not doin too well right now as we speak....I read somewhere that people were saying that this is the best that the "band" has sounded (w/ toomy and scabby doo (eric))..Ace responded w/ - "I guess they've never heard the original 4 before"...Ace layin down the ownage!

To make matters worse now, In Myrtle Beach, SC they are gonna build a Kiss Coffeehouse....LOL how lame is that.....while their you can pick up a KISS Frozen Rockuccino..priceless. How low are Paul and Gene gonna stoop to destroy the Kiss name and what little dignity it has left?!

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:38 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:21 pm
Posts: 4754
Location: North Carolina
ibanez122 wrote:
How low are Paul and Gene gonna stoop to destroy the Kiss name and what little dignity it has left?!


That ship sailed sometime around 1977-78. The good thing is that they have redeemed themselves in the past few years...only to again piddle it away.

Listened to The Elder last night. Pompous, cheesy, over the top - a damn good album! :D I forgot how strong some of those songs were. I've always loved it since I got it as an impressionable 15 year old.

_________________
DJ: This celebrity once bit the head off of a dove during a CBS press conference.
Caller: Was it Ed Asner?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:13 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:02 am
Posts: 3320
Location: Mt.Airy, North Carolina
Would anyone hate me if I told you I liked the song unholy :oops:

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:47 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:18 pm
Posts: 472
Location: over here --->
to be honest.. it wouldnt matter how much money i had. if someone said, .. "look brandon, we really would like a new coffee shop in this area, and were thinking your name would look good up there on the sign, hows 50 million tyo start sound?"

cant say id turn it down. rock legend or not.

i mean Gene lately has been poppin up all pver the place, beer commercials, reality shows, im not so sure hes trying to renew his career or image as much as he is for the money being offered on a huge platinum plate.

_________________
Image
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:58 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 pm
Posts: 2789
Location: In your internets
dstout wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:
How low are Paul and Gene gonna stoop to destroy the Kiss name and what little dignity it has left?!


That ship sailed sometime around 1977-78. The good thing is that they have redeemed themselves in the past few years...only to again piddle it away.

Listened to The Elder last night. Pompous, cheesy, over the top - a damn good album! :D I forgot how strong some of those songs were. I've always loved it since I got it as an impressionable 15 year old.


I agree w/ you on the ship sailing in 77/78 - the money got to their heads.

Quote:
Would anyone hate me if I told you I liked the song unholy


Song rocks. The whole Revenge cd owns. It was the last good kiss record (92 I think it was). The band should go back to that line up and look, cus it suited them.

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:54 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 pm
Posts: 2789
Location: In your internets
ok - heres the part 2 of my fav kiss albums - feel free to discuss these as well -

Dynasty - Dan, thanks for turning me back on to this one again. Again, not a fav of Kiss fans, but it has some quality songs. Kiss and disco dont match up here - I think we can all agree on that one! Ace is the highlight of this cd. His songs are the rock songs of the cd - 2,000 Man, Save Your Love, Hard Times (love this one!). Surprisingly Gene only contributes 2 songs which is unusual. Pauls songs are garbage.

Unmasked - Again a reference to Dan - your gettin me into the early 80's kiss!!!!! I have this one on as im writting it. It comes off as cheesy (and some of it is) but there are a few good songs. I have Shandi on right now. This is one of Pauls best written songs and a very beautiful song. Genes highlight is Naked City. The has a killer riff and good lyrics as well. Ace again shines on this one. Two Sides Of The Coin though, is the weaker of his songs. Torpedo Girl (awsome riff) and Talk To Me are the good ones....though I prefer Talk To Me.

The Elder - Man.......the movie that never was. Starts off rockin w/ The Oath. Man, that is a thunderous riff! Dont care for Just A Boy though - I think Pauls falesetto throws it off. Dark Light is the only Ace song on here and over all its a good one but not his best. Only You/Under The Rose - Both excellent Gene songs - love the use of the choir on Under the Rose. World w/out Heros - Decent, but as said before..could be used as the theme for the Olympics. Mr. Blackwell - not too fond of the lyrics but the riff/guitar solo are killer. Escape from the Island - dont like. The Odessy - oh man, this one is cheesy as hell - but decent at the same time.

Creatures Of The Night - Kiss goes back to its rock roots. The drums on this CD are heavy. Eric Carr tears it up the whole cd here. The title track is one of the best on the cd. War Machine is another. I Still Love You is the best on the CD. Eric Carr played the acoustic on this one. Its a pretty sad song but picks up with the solos - one of pauls best. Killer is Genes best here IMO. Never really liked this song when I was younger but now its well...killer lol.

Lick It Up - Ok, Kiss w/out makeup. A Million To One is one that sticks out to me the most. I can remeber listening to this when I was like 7 and just cranking it up w/ my dad. I think Vinny does a killer job w/ the leads on this CD. I wish he would have stuck around for the later cd's.

Crazy Nights - This one fits the 80's hair to the fullest. Again when I think of this cd I think of the Reason To Live video I saw when I was younger (got on VHS somewhere). Some of Genes best work is on this one - Thief In The Night, Good Girl Gone Bad. Pauls are kinda cheese but good _ My Way, Turn On The Night.

Revenge - the final of my favs. The last great cd that was made. Bob Ezrin gets it right on this one (just like Destroyer). Unholy kicks it off and is an awsome song (cool video too). Spit is a good one too from Gene. Has God Gave Rock and Roll To You (as featured on Bill and Ted). Pauls lighter side comes out again w/ Everytime I Look At You (love this song). THe rockin side of Paul comes out too - I Just Wanna, Heart Of Chrome (good one). The final trach though pays tribute to Eric Carr (RIP) w/ Carr Jam 81. Recorded in 81 - it has a overdubbed lead w/ Bruce (im assuming Ace's lead was the original). Eric shreds it on this solo - and shows off his talent. Also, the riff that is played prior to the drum solo is the riff to Breakout none other than Ace Frehley.

this sums it up..I left out Animalized and Asylum because ive never grown a liking to them at all...and the 90's kiss stuff....well thats mostly complimations and greatest hits

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:15 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:02 am
Posts: 3320
Location: Mt.Airy, North Carolina
All I wanted to say was eric carr was just amazing. He might not have been the original drummer, but he got the job done thats for sure. Anyone heard his solo album. Looking through the eyes of love is a killer track. 8)

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:48 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 pm
Posts: 2789
Location: In your internets
Patrick McDaniel wrote:
All I wanted to say was eric carr was just amazing. He might not have been the original drummer, but he got the job done thats for sure. Anyone heard his solo album. Looking through the eyes of love is a killer track. 8)


Havent heard it...whats the name of the cd...I may have to check it out?

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:19 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:21 pm
Posts: 4754
Location: North Carolina
To this day I've never heard Unmasked.

Eighties KISS was mostly bad. After Creatures and up to Revenge I can't take for the most part.

I was listening to "Shock Me" the other day driving to work and I could not get over how damn good the drums are - to the point I didn't think Peter played on the track given his extraciricular activities at the time (nose candy). I was reading a KISS biography at the book store today and one of the engineers on Love Gun was talking about how exceptional Peter's playing was on that track. Go Catman!

Image

Pete and Neil Peart.

_________________
DJ: This celebrity once bit the head off of a dove during a CBS press conference.
Caller: Was it Ed Asner?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:22 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 pm
Posts: 2789
Location: In your internets
dstout wrote:
To this day I've never heard Unmasked.

Eighties KISS was mostly bad. After Creatures and up to Revenge I can't take for the most part.

I was listening to "Shock Me" the other day driving to work and I could not get over how damn good the drums are - to the point I didn't think Peter played on the track given his extraciricular activities at the time (nose candy). I was reading a KISS biography at the book store today and one of the engineers on Love Gun was talking about how exceptional Peter's playing was on that track. Go Catman!

Image

Pete and Neil Peart.


Man....is that Peart pre rush or what? That pic looks to be around 73 or 74?

Id you wanna hear unmasked I can hook ya up..

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:52 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 7:45 pm
Posts: 695
80s Kiss was pretty ok. I liked Lick It Up, crazy Nights, and Hot In The Shade

And Peter Criss was on the track. It says so in the box set. It lists the correct credits for every song on the box set.

Anton Fig did most of Criss's work on his last two albums. He was Paul Stanley's drummer for his solo albums in 78.

And guitar? Mr Bob Kulick, tried out for Kiss before Ace, and did Paul's solo albums! Then his brother did the Animalize tour and never left, then Bob did Paul's 89 solo tour. Talk about a revolving door.

Anyway ...

Kiss was always famous for having guest musicians. There's one track where Paul does all the instruments. Then there's one track where Paul is the only real band member. :lol:

Too bad Ace kind of screwed himself over. I heard he left because he wanted a solo career (hence, the solo albums in 78). HE left, did solo work, never went anywhere (though I like them). Then he left in around 2001 to do solo work, and it's not even coming out. Crazy Ace.

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:04 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:21 pm
Posts: 4754
Location: North Carolina
-62SG- wrote:
He was Paul Stanley's drummer for his solo albums in 78.


Anton was Ace's drummer. He has worked for Kiss and Ace but never Paul as a solo artist.

Ace is notorious for being lazy. He is notorious for shooting himself in the foot whenever possible as well. Scary.

_________________
DJ: This celebrity once bit the head off of a dove during a CBS press conference.
Caller: Was it Ed Asner?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:11 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 pm
Posts: 2789
Location: In your internets
dstout wrote:
-62SG- wrote:
He was Paul Stanley's drummer for his solo albums in 78.


Anton was Ace's drummer. He has worked for Kiss and Ace but never Paul as a solo artist.

Ace is notorious for being lazy. He is notorious for shooting himself in the foot whenever possible as well. Scary.


Anton also did drum work on Dynasty as well as the drum work on Unmasked..and David Lettermans Band

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:11 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 7:45 pm
Posts: 695
Yeah, that's what I meant. He did most of Dynasty and pretty much all of Unmasked.

Also if you want Kiss meets the Phantom of the Park, Ace and Peter aren't themselves in it. They have others do the voice overs because they never showed up. I'd kill for a copy of it.

Well, that's the 70's at it's best. So many got sucked into that, thankfully not many were lost (like Tommy Bolin, Bon Scott, Bonham)

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:23 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
-62SG- wrote:

Well, that's the 70's at it's best. So many got sucked into that, thankfully not many were lost (like Tommy Bolin, Bon Scott, Bonham)


Kinda off topic here, but lost a bunch in the 70's due to substances/booze. Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin, Keith Moon, Bolin, Brian Jones, among others. Bon Scott and John Bonham were 1980.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:38 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 7:45 pm
Posts: 695
Yeah wasn't in the mood to think there. :lol: though, it all began in the 70s :wink:

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:20 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:55 pm
Posts: 10610
Location: MD
-62SG- wrote:
Yeah wasn't in the mood to think there. :lol: though, it all began in the 70s :wink:


Actually all those folks started getting "toasty" in the 60's. :lol: But I know what you're trying to say. :wink:


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:20 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 pm
Posts: 2789
Location: In your internets
-62SG- wrote:
Yeah, that's what I meant. He did most of Dynasty and pretty much all of Unmasked.

Also if you want Kiss meets the Phantom of the Park, Ace and Peter aren't themselves in it. They have others do the voice overs because they never showed up. I'd kill for a copy of it.

Well, that's the 70's at it's best. So many got sucked into that, thankfully not many were lost (like Tommy Bolin, Bon Scott, Bonham)


Peters voice isnt even his! And for Ace, well his stunt double was a black guy.

Aces has even stated that the merchandise was too much....and it was

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:16 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 7:45 pm
Posts: 695
Wow, all we need now is Michawl Jackson doing voice overs for Paul and Ozzy doing voice overs for Gene.

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:42 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 pm
Posts: 2789
Location: In your internets
-62SG- wrote:
Wow, all we need now is Michawl Jackson doing voice overs for Paul and Ozzy doing voice overs for Gene.


*LOL*LOL* perfect

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:54 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:23 pm
Posts: 1641
I never really liked Kiss, I thought they were wwwaaaayyyy over rated.But them next to say Led Zepplin and you'll see what I mean.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:37 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:21 pm
Posts: 4754
Location: North Carolina
CROWLEY wrote:
I never really liked Kiss, I thought they were wwwaaaayyyy over rated.But them next to say Led Zepplin and you'll see what I mean.


Pretty lame there. Apples to oranges.

_________________
DJ: This celebrity once bit the head off of a dove during a CBS press conference.
Caller: Was it Ed Asner?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:52 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:54 pm
Posts: 5609
Location: warsaw indiana
kiss was my first arena rock band i went nuts for ..i heard ALIVE in 1975 when i was at my gandmothers lake house for the summer she told never to go up the hill to those BAD peoples house so well what does a 13 year old kid do when he is told not to...got introduced to KISS alive, REO speedwagon live ya get what ya play for..and three dog night live at the forum.....and pot thru a ceramic budda bong!!!! thanks grandma..r.i.p .but i gave up the pot in 1994 :lol:

ok now for me favorite kiss albums :
ALIVE
destroyer
alive II
rock and rollover
love gun
revenge
favorite concert: tie 1977 destroyer cobo hall...1982 last makeup tour with vinnie vincent......the plasmatics opend the show and i never felt so mush hatered for a band in my life they sucked bad!! and 12000 people booing them form the start i was 5th row main floor at either cobo or joe louis arena cant remember it was the early 80's
favroite charachter GENE SIMMONS DEMON!!!! *r*
favorite costumes destroyer

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=647158899
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Professio ... 1888579582
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfoqY6USbRc


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:16 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 pm
Posts: 2789
Location: In your internets
CROWLEY wrote:
I never really liked Kiss, I thought they were wwwaaaayyyy over rated.But them next to say Led Zepplin and you'll see what I mean.


haha...thats a joke....I like LZ but c'mon....overrated?!? In '77 they beat out thelike of LZ, Aerosmith and Nuggent as the best rock band

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:42 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:23 pm
Posts: 1641
ibanez122 wrote:
CROWLEY wrote:
I never really liked Kiss, I thought they were wwwaaaayyyy over rated.But them next to say Led Zepplin and you'll see what I mean.


haha...thats a joke....I like LZ but c'mon....overrated?!? In '77 they beat out thelike of LZ, Aerosmith and Nuggent as the best rock band


If your talking in terms of record sales that may be true but that is mainly cause that they had a gimmick that appealed to young kids at the time that saw it as some sort of rebellion and would buy anthing with their name slapped on it..Their music to me just lacked in depth and feeling.Just I could never take them seriously as a band .This is just my opinion though.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:40 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:25 pm
Posts: 3885
Location: The Temples of Syrinx
KISS was my first true music love starting back in '75 when I was 8 years old. Saw them live on the following tours: Love Gun, Dynasty, Creatures, Lick it up, Animalize, Asylum (twice), Crazy Nights, Revenge, Reunion and Farewell (the real one in 2000).

They were the first band that got me into live album collecting too -- I've got about 150 live KISS audio shows dating back to their very first show as KISS at the Academy of Music in '73 and going through their Japan tour in '03. Lotsa stuff on video, too, as well as tons of other KISS memorabilia.

They rocked up until recently...lately they've been an embarassment, unfortunately.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:53 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:42 pm
Posts: 2789
Location: In your internets
rickhawk80 wrote:
KISS was my first true music love starting back in '75 when I was 8 years old. Saw them live on the following tours: Love Gun, Dynasty, Creatures, Lick it up, Animalize, Asylum (twice), Crazy Nights, Revenge, Reunion and Farewell (the real one in 2000).

They were the first band that got me into live album collecting too -- I've got about 150 live KISS audio shows dating back to their very first show as KISS at the Academy of Music in '73 and going through their Japan tour in '03. Lotsa stuff on video, too, as well as tons of other KISS memorabilia.

They rocked up until recently...lately they've been an embarassment, unfortunately.


Killer stuff...just saw em on the reunion tour in 97....the best concert ove ever been too.

On the subject of kiss shows...do you by chance have the Dynasty rehearsals in Lakeland Fl?!? Been lookin for that for a while

_________________
Image


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:23 am 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:25 pm
Posts: 3885
Location: The Temples of Syrinx
Yes, I do, Ibanez. Wanna work up a trade?


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 840 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 28  Next

All times are UTC


 Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
 
cron