It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 840 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:21 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Geo Sav wrote:
Going to see the KISS concert at the movies tonight I think its from Cobo Hall in 76.

I forgot to post a cool little story about that showing in the theater. We went to a theather in Sarasota to watch it, being big fans that we are. It turned out Sebastian Bach was touring with Guns n Roses at that time. Sebastian has always been a huge Kiss fan. He was driving from one venue to the next and decided to stop in Sarasota to check out the concert. He sat a couple of rows in front of us. We met him after the showing and he was just pumped up. He said, "Was that cool or what?" He then asked us to go see the shows he was doing with Guns.

Also, if you're a true fan of Kiss, it is highly recommended to buy the Lydia Criss coffee table book. It has AWESOME photos and great stories. I love it. *r*

I also have another funny story about meeting Gene in Sarasota. This is taken from a blog I did not too long ago. Sorry for all of the text here.

We met Gene back in 2006, at the Sarasota Film Festival. He was a financial backer for a new Chevy Chase film, Funny Money. He was also there with his camera crew for his Jewels show.

I walked up to him, wearing a suit for the event and holding a glass of wine. He looked down at the wine and knowing Gene was probably judging me immediately. I told him I had been a fan of the band since the late 70's and asked if he would take a photo with us. He calmly said, "Sure." We posed for the picture, the girl taking the photo was upset that it didn't work or there wasn't a flash. She asked Gene to wait saying, "Gene, wait I don't think the flash went off." Gene replied, "And that means what to me?" I sort of blew it off and we took the photo.

My wife then asked Gene to sign an 8x10 photo of him in makeup. He declined and said, "I can't sign that, they won't let me." I have no idea who "they" were. The producers of his show? The Kiss lawyers? Who knows. He then told us he could sign anything not related to Kiss. That was strange because he did sign an album for someone else at an earlier time. Maybe he was delusional and thought I was another "professional" out to get him and make money off of his status.

My wife, who was becoming a little perturbed asked if he would then sign the Sarasota Film Festival program. He did sign it, but it was scribbled and he wasn't enthused about it. So, there you go. I've been listening to Kiss music for so many years and I get a scribbled signature on a non Kiss-related item! Gene, I'm sorry I didn't have giant tits and they were not shoved in your face. :?

Post subject: Re: Kiss
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:53 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

nice story there John. the same thing would happen almost everytime i would go see Kiss at Madison Square Garden.
i would always be in the first few rows and right before the show would start, Sebastian and his wife would come walking up and sit right in a row right in front of mine.

as for Gene signing an autograph, i heard a few years ago that he scribbles his signature alot more than usual nowadays, so that people cannot sell it on Ebay as easy. i have supported them since i was a kid, but i really think these guys are a bit paranoid with money issues when it comes to the fans.

anyone out there remember this show,
or have it on audio or video?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:25 am 

Good stories, John. 8) I've been a fan since I was a little kid in the 70s and I've always been happy to have never met Gene because I fully expect he would be just as much of a jackass in person as I expect him to be. :lol: Ace, Paul and Bruce, on the other hand, have all been great guys when I met them. And I'll also begrudgingly admit that Tommy Thayer is a really nice guy who I met back when he was with Black N'Blue in the 80s -- nice guy, but he shouldn't be wearing Ace's makeup. +) :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:42 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I don't know if you guys caught my other post on page 24 about two Ace shows. I thought I would mention it again just in case. Can't wait to hear his new CD, as he said he wanted it to be closer to his 78 solo.

I'm sure Tommy is a great guy. I wouldn't doubt it. I met Eric Singer when he was in Badlands and he was very cordial. Ray Gillen was incredibly nice and we talked for a little while. I'm still sad that he is gone. I'm also finding it hard to believe that Ray passed the same year Criss Oliva did. But I digress, Tommy and Eric shouldn't wear that make up and costumes.

I know it's probably too late to start a new character, but no one would be offended if they took the make up off again. It just makes sense to retire with dignity. It would be nice to see them do another original album together, but that is highly unlikely.

Kissology 4 is being worked on. Anyone know what that volume might include? Hope we don't have to buy three copies again. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:19 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Anyone here know the truth concerning Eric Carr's folks having to pay all of his medical bills, as Gene and Paul had let him go, therefore, Kiss Inc. were free of any financial responsibility?
I've always considered Gene a smart cookie with a whip-smart business sense, and I've always dug kiss up 'til they ditched the makeup, but, when someone had alluded to this on a Kiss board, like this one....I was floored to say the least.
If it is true, how the hell do they sleep at night?
Thanks,
Tom

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:17 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I believe Gene and Paul probably knew that Eric was getting worse and may not make it, so they probably spoke to him about the situation. Who knows what went on behind closed doors. I know Gene and Paul cared about Eric Carr very much, even if Gene is obsessed about money.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:28 am 

The "Hot in the Shade" tour was the best-selling tour (and album) the band had experienced since "Animalize," and they were very hot to get back into the studio and capitalize on the success from "H.I.T.S." Eric developed issues and the band used session musicians to fill in -- Eric Singer for one, who played drums for Paul Stanley on his club tour in '89.

The band kept moving forward with recording in the hopes Eric would return, even using him (in a wig) in the video for "God Gave Rock N'Roll To You II" when the song did well on the "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" soundtrack. That was his last appearance with the band. :cry:

They hoped he would return, but when his health got worse they essentially told him they had to move forward and get back on the road after finishing the new album, "Revenge." :evil: He "quit" for the good of the band, but was essentially forced out because Gene and Paul did not want to wait to see if he could recover since the band was finally getting hot again. So, yes, he was essentially pushed out, and he died soon thereafter. :evil:

As for Eric's parents having to pay for his medical bills, I don't know for sure, but they did auction off a good bit of his memorabilia, etc., shortly thereafter, which would seem to indicate there were some type of bills that needed to be paid... :? +)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:39 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

That and if I remember right, in Kiss Alive Forver it said that when it came to any news on his health him and his parents wouldnt say anything to Gene and Paul for fear of him getting fired or somehting to that effect

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:56 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Has anyone read the latest news about Gene making a deal to hire new members for Kiss when Gene and Paul retire? I think there is talk of doing it as an American Idol-type of show.

Gene is killing the image I once had of the band. I read some of the news and it makes me incredibly sick. I abhor everything that they are doing now. That will never go over well. I'm sure people will want to audition because they think they'll get a big break. Real fans will not tolerate it and will protest it. I realize they did a Beatlemania, which I didn't like either. It's a Vegas show. If they did a Vegas show and stayed in Vegas it would work. Gene is ruining Kiss so much that most of us probably won't even be able to sell our vintage collectibles. +) *? :evil:

Sorry if it sounds like I'm whining, but I've been to the shows with the originals, I've spent countless dollars on the music and merchandise, as many fans have. I want to be able to speak my mind even if Gene doesn't care what anyone thinks.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:03 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

blizzard_of_john wrote:
Has anyone read the latest news about Gene making a deal to hire new members for Kiss when Gene and Paul retire? I think there is talk of doing it as an American Idol-type of show.

Gene is killing the image I once had of the band. I read some of the news and it makes me incredibly sick. I abhor everything that they are doing now. That will never go over well. I'm sure people will want to audition because they think they'll get a big break. Real fans will not tolerate it and will protest it. I realize they did a Beatlemania, which I didn't like either. It's a Vegas show. If they did a Vegas show and stayed in Vegas it would work. Gene is ruining Kiss so much that most of us probably won't even be able to sell our vintage collectibles. +) *? :evil:

Sorry if it sounds like I'm whining, but I've been to the shows with the originals, I've spent countless dollars on the music and merchandise, as many fans have. want to be able to speak my mind even if Gene doesn't care what anyone thinks.

I concur 100 percent with you. Gene and Paul have said countless times that Kiss will go on without them. I cant imagine Kiss with 2 scabs now, let alone 4 in the future. Another thing that bothers me is that Tommy THayer is gettin endorsments now as the "spaceman". ITs getting old really quick.

Paul has had some comments in the past about the people who have turned their backs on Kiss because of the cirrent state of the band. He downplays it alot by basically saying that their arnt alot out their, when in fact a very large portion of their american hardcore fanbase (fans like me and Rick..though I think he may share the same views as me I dunno though) turned their backs on the band a long time ago. Most of their "success" (if you want to call it that) is overseas, mainly in Europe, because I think they know they wont have the same success they had here in the US over a decade ago. (its been 12 years since I saw them on the Alive/Worldwide).

I absolutely hate to rag on the band I grew up listening to and idolized. Its to the point now that they are a parody of themselves. They need to hang it up soon, but we all know that it wont happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:48 am 

Yep, Derek, I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I took KISS at their word when they did a Farewell Tour in 2000-01. In my view, KISS retired in 2001. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
Yep, Derek, I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I took KISS at their word when they did a Farewell Tour in 2000-01. In my view, KISS retired in 2001. :wink:

I hear ya both! I've been a long time fan. The current line up etc. is a joke!

http://www.myspace.com/fretfun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:12 pm 

Well, I got to see the birthplace of KISS this week. Kinda like going to Mecca for a lifelong fan like me. :lol:

I had to go to New York City for work this week -- specifically, Manhattan -- and was there for a couple days. My work kept me pretty busy, but one night I went out for dinner and took a cab down to the East Village to a little Italian restaurant. On a whim, on the cab drive back to my hotel, I asked the cabbie to take me down East 23rd Street -- the location of the infamous loft where KISS first formed and lived together for months rehearsing and auditioning for a guitarist which eventually ended up being Ace. So, we drive down the street and there it is.....

Of course, these days it's a Comic Book store and it's crammed between a deli and other stores and restaurants, but still very cool to see where it all began. :lol: The building is right across the street from a little piece of green space in the city called Madison Square Park.

A very cool moment indeed. I know, I may sound like a KISS geek, but 10 E. 23rd Street is a famous address for any KISS fan. *r*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:29 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Thats pretty cool Rick! Id like to drive by/walk by that place sometime in my life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:48 am 

:? Not sure what to think of this, but Gene Simmons recently told The Winnipeg Sun in an interviews that a new KISS album of new material is in the works:

...As for his day job with KISS, Simmons confirms the veteran glam-rockers are writing songs for a new album that he expects they will record next year and release next summer. KISS singer-guitarist Paul Stanley will produce the disc. The band will follow the album's release with a limited tour.

"We'll do a handful of shows just to keep in the game (next) summer, maybe 10 (dates), some Canadian shows. I know Halifax is one, but before you get out there and start the baseball season, they hold exhibition games, that's what we're doing. 'Cause once we go out, it's going to be for a year and a half."

As for rumblings of a co-headlining tour with Queen, Simmons said, "Oh, I've heard that, but we don't know until it's real. I would be happy to step up on that stage. I'd (also) love to step up on a stage with the Stones."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:24 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Yeah, regarding a new album, Paul said this recently:

PAUL STANLEY Is 'Open' To Idea Of Recording New KISS Album - Nov. 18, 2008

KISS rhythm guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley has confirmed to Classic Rock magazine that the band is seriously considering recording a new album. Rumors of a brand new KISS release first surfaced last week on photographer Ross Halfin's blog. Now Geoff Barton has taken it upon himself to grab the Classic Rock poker and agitate the embers of speculation.

Classic Rock: What does the future hold for KISS?

Stanley: It looks like we'll be touring Europe as well as the States next year. You'll be getting more of what you saw at the Download festival this past summer — the "KISS Alive!" vibe amped up to the max. There might even be a new KISS album at some point. I have been ambivalent to the idea in the past but I'm much more open to it now.

Classic Rock: Why is that?

Stanley: Well, I thought that I'd be content for KISS to remain a heritage act, just playing our greatest hits — "Detroit Rock City" and all that. But the new KISS lineup with Tommy Thayer (guitar) and Eric Singer (drums) is proving to be so good, so strong in spirit, it would interesting to see how we perform in the studio. I must stress that no recording time has been booked at this point. But it if we were to go into the studio, the intention would be to make a KISS album in the style of our 1970s recordings. A classic KISS album, unmistakably.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:01 pm 

Made a new playlist on my iPod last night of all my favorite KISS songs .... it ended up being 165 tracks. :shock: Maybe there's a therapy program to help with this.... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:27 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
Made a new playlist on my iPod last night of all my favorite KISS songs .... it ended up being 165 tracks. :shock: Maybe there's a therapy program to help with this.... :lol:

Possibly. Kiss Rehab. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:16 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

KISS REHAB:

Ace Frehley CEO and #1 paitent

Rickhawk80/ Ace's personal assistant and #2 paitent

Vinnie Vincent keeps trying to get admitted but former kiss bosses keep denying he was EVER IN the Band *yay* *LOL*LOL*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:01 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:

:lol: I dont have any Kiss on my Zune right now since it wont let me synch music to it right now. Id only put the self titlrd through Creatures on there for sure...that and the forst 2 disks of the box set. I havent listened to kiss in I dont know how long though

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:12 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

I don't care for kiss.

If I may, Kiss my ass.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:26 am 

RandyRhoadsAddict wrote:
I don't care for kiss.

If I may, Kiss my ass.

:? Then go post in another thread. The "kiss my ass" is not appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:49 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

rickhawk80 wrote:
RandyRhoadsAddict wrote:
I don't care for kiss.

If I may, Kiss my ass.

:? Then go post in another thread.

What Rick said plus tax. :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:59 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

RandyRhoadsAddict wrote:
I don't care for kiss.

If I may, Kiss my ass.

*?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:21 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

RandyRhoadsAddict wrote:
I don't care for kiss.

If I may, Kiss my ass.

What rick and Ironface said.

You know that Dime was a huge kiss fan dont you? He does have an Ace tattoo on his chest.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:26 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

RandyRhoadsAddict wrote:
I don't care for kiss.

If I may, Kiss my ass.

I am not trying to be mean or anything. But if you want up to anyone of the Kiss Crew and said that you would get a giant boot to the face :|

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:06 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:11 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Alex wrote:
OffTheScales wrote:
you would get a giant boot to the face

Copying my words? Are you kidding me? Are YOU giving someone advice on what to say? Ever heard about not throwing stones in a glass house?

*LOL*LOL* Alex, you own OTS..FACT! It never gets old.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:19 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
RandyRhoadsAddict wrote:
I don't care for kiss.

If I may, Kiss my ass.

You know that Dime was a huge kiss fan dont you? He does have an Ace tattoo on his chest.

Yes, and the KISS sticker on the DFH.
I'm just not a fan.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:16 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

RandyRhoadsAddict wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:
RandyRhoadsAddict wrote:
I don't care for kiss.

If I may, Kiss my ass.

Yes, and the KISS sticker on the DFH.
I'm just not a fan.

Thats fine but your comment wasnt necessary

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 840 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next