It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 840 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:37 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
Yes, I do, Ibanez. Wanna work up a trade?

Indeed! whats the source btw..dont do mp3 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:45 am 

Ibanez....just sent you a pm!!

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:23 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

I just got a vienna boot from '83 with vinnie playing guitar. Its really good. Especially since eric carr is on drums as well. It may not be the original lineup but they did one hell of a show. Plus, it was the first time Id heard war machine live. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:25 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Patrick McDaniel wrote:
I just got a vienna boot from '83 with vinnie playing guitar. Its really good. Especially since eric carr is on drums as well. It may not be the original lineup but they did one hell of a show. Plus, it was the first time Id heard war machine live. 8)

Is that Lick It Up or Creatures Tour? I dpnt really care for Vinnie playing 70's Kiss stuff. He kinda sabatoged them (example - Rio 83).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:34 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Its from the LIU tour. How did he mess up rio??? He also IMO had the coolest facepaint. The onk (sp) symbol. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:39 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Patrick McDaniel wrote:
Its from the LIU tour. How did he mess up rio??? He also IMO had the coolest facepaint. The onk (sp) symbol. 8)

I guess best example would be Cold Gin - I believe it was after the 2nd chorus - he just started throwing in random leads that IMO just didnt go w the song nor did it fit - but as stated its just IMO.

Im in no way disrespecting the guy. Hes a really talented guy..Loved his work on COTN and LIU but should have strayed away on the classic stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:39 pm 

Vinnie was very talented, but he did sabotage quite a few KISS shows with his antics and Ibanez is right, he really freelanced on the old stuff. Things started getting less friendly between them all as the tour would go on and he would sometimes drag out his guitar solo just to piss off Gene and Paul. I've heard a couple boots where he just played on and on and on and Paul would finally come out and say "Vinnie Vincent, lead guitar," to try and get him to shut up and Vinnie would just play over him.

He may be talented, but when ya piss off the boss, eventually you're going to be shown the door. :lol:

When I saw him on the LIU tour in New Orleans he ripped the crotch of his red leather pants early in the show -- he was prancing around and waving his pink Randy Rhoads Jackson model all over the place and the point of the guitar body got snagged on his pants. The roadies kept trying to tape them up with electrical tape, but it wouldn't stay, so up at the front of the crowd on the floor we kept getting exposed to Vinnie's upper inner thighs and ass. 8-[

His posturing and everything was sorta comical on the LIU tour. The previous year, they played on the night before Mardi Gras in the Superdome on the Creatures tour and he was real cool and bad ass in his makeup at that show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:14 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Heres a pic for ya guys. Its Ace's smoker from the Love Gun Tour. If you've seen the Houston 77 vid (Via Kiss My Ass video or bootleg vid) you've seen this guitar used during 'Shock Me'. As you can tell its seen better days. After this one bit the dust he began using a 3 pickup black Les Paul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:33 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Ever hear of the tribute band, Mini Kiss? They were in a GW small (no pun intended) article a year or so ago. They do more of a Kiss karaokee deal and play at parties and clubs and have Gene and Paul's support. They're not kids, but "little people". Here's their website:

http://www.littlemanentertainment.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:37 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Ive heard of them and I think seen them one time on vh1. Pretty cool dudes. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:52 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

ironface166 wrote:
Ever hear of the tribute band, Mini Kiss? They were in a GW small (no pun intended) article a year or so ago. They do more of a Kiss karaokee deal and play at parties and clubs and have Gene and Paul's support. They're not kids, but "little people". Here's their website:

http://www.littlemanentertainment.com

lol, I was looking through that issue of GW a few days ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:43 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Kiss will be touring in the Summer. Its only a few gigs. They were scheduled to play a few gigs somewhere in the US, but dropped those and are headed to Japan for a few gigs.

So any of you who want to spend your hard earned money to go see the Kiss tribute band.....better buy em!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:16 pm 

I'll pass on this but I am anxiously awaiting Paul's solo album and tour. *r* Gene may be more recognizable to casual fans and the general public, but Paul is the soul of the band that kept it going through the 80s when Gene was trying to become a movie star. :roll:

Hopefully, Paul will make a tour stop somewhere nearby. [-o<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:18 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
I'll pass on this but I am anxiously awaiting Paul's solo album and tour. *r* Gene may be more recognizable to casual fans and the general public, but Paul is the soul of the band that kept it going through the 80s when Gene was trying to become a movie star. :roll:

as far as I know, Paul doesnt have a record company that will release the cd yet. Hell, its been I think 16 yrs since his last solo release (88ish?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:20 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
rickhawk80 wrote:

as far as I know, Paul doesnt have a record company that will release the cd yet. Hell, its been I think 16 yrs since his last solo release (88ish?)

I never knew he released anything other than his '78 solo album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:24 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

dstout wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:
rickhawk80 wrote:

After I posted that...check to see if it was right.....mis-information on my behalf. He club toured in 88 not a album - my bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:38 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
dstout wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:
rickhawk80 wrote:

After I posted that...check to see if it was right.....mis-information on my behalf. He club toured in 88 not a album - my bad

I'm sorry Derek but hand over the KISS Army membership, makeup, and platform heels...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:49 pm 

According to the latest, Paul is shopping it to different labels but according to him, he's looking for different labels in different continents/countries because he wants to make sure the labels are excited about it and will push it in their respective markets. Whether it's a load of bull or not, who knows, but Paul expects it to be out in about 4 months. It's totally done, just needs to be pressed and shipped now.

And Dan is correct on the Paul solo discography. Paul did a solo club tour in '89 in the States but did not do a solo album at that time (he did do four solo demos, one of which became a later KISS track on Hot in the Shade, but the rest were not officially released); he played KISS tunes and stuff from his '78 solo album with a couple cover tunes such as "Communication Breakdown" tossed in for good measure on the '89 tour. His '89 touring band included Eric Singer and Bob Kulick, older brother of Bruce who also played guitar on the '78 solo album.

Now for KISS trivia, kiddies: Paul's new solo album is called "Live to Win." At one time in KISS' past, they planned to name one of their albums "Who Dares Wins." The name was scrapped, and it was released with a different title -- what was the title?? And no fair PM'ing Ironface for help. :lol:

Last edited by rickhawk80 on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:49 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

dstout wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:
dstout wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:
rickhawk80 wrote:

I'm sorry Derek but hand over the KISS Army membership, makeup, and platform heels...

:( - I cant put on the stuff one more time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:10 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

rickhawk80 wrote:
Now for KISS trivia, kiddies: Paul's new solo album is called "Live to Win." At one time in KISS' past, they planned to name one of their albums "Who Dares Wins." The name was scrapped, and it was released with a different title -- what was the title?? And no fair PM'ing Ironface for help. :lol:

Another Hit Parader "exclusive". :lol: It was "Crazy Nights". :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:12 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

ironface166 wrote:
rickhawk80 wrote:

Another Hit Parader "exclusive". :lol: It was "Crazy Nights". :wink:

lol, thats not fair! You know everything!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:16 pm 

Ironface wins the prize and proves as usual that he knows everything. :lol: Paul actually had leather gloves made that said "Who Dares Wins" on the backs of them and wore them for a photo shoot and the photo appeared in ... you guessed it ... Hit Parader.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:22 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

rickhawk80 wrote:
Ironface wins the prize and proves as usual that he knows everything. :lol: Paul actually had leather gloves made that said "Who Dares Wins" on the backs of them and wore them for a photo shoot and the photo appeared in ... you guessed it ... Hit Parader.

And Hit Parader actually did an article on the band talking about how their new album "Who Dares Wins" is already racing up the charts. :lol: :lol:
Wasn't even done being recorded, much less re-named or released. :lol: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:26 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

ironface166 wrote:
rickhawk80 wrote:

And Hit Parader actually did an article on the band talking about how their new album "Who Dares Wins" is already racing up the charts. :lol: :lol:
Wasn't even done being recorded, much less re-named or released. :lol: :roll:

we all know kiss as been rumored to buy tons of their own albums to help record sales (in the 80's)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:36 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
Patrick McDaniel wrote:

Is that Lick It Up or Creatures Tour? I dpnt really care for Vinnie playing 70's Kiss stuff. He kinda sabatoged them (example - Rio 83).

Bruce Kulick did that for yers....from the Animalize tour up until the Hot In The Shade tour. Somehow between HITS & Revenge, Eric Carr died, they got Eric Singer, I went & seen them on the mini club tour, & Bruce was doing Ace solos note for note.
.....BTW, a dvd from Paul's '89 solo tour has been available for download on Dime & jamtothis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:01 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

That's Bob Kulick that was on Paul's 89 solo tour, Barkatozz

And Eric was still in the band. They toured in 1990 and Carr was still in the band. Eric Singer was hired during the recording of Revenge when Eric Car was too weak. The last song he recorded on was God Gave Rock and Roll to you where he did vocals and Singer did drums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:38 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

-62SG- wrote:

And Eric was still in the band. They toured in 1990 and Carr was still in the band. Eric Singer was hired during the recording of Revenge when Eric Car was too weak. The last song he recorded on was God Gave Rock and Roll to you where he did vocals and Singer did drums.

Never said WHO was on guitar for Paul's solo tour. What I'm saying is...like Vinnie did while he was in Kiss, Bruce butchered the classic material as well.
Kiss did a small club tour just prior to the release of Revenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:43 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

-62SG- wrote:

Then when Eric was on his death dead, Gene and Paul kicked him out of the band and took away all his insuance and what not, and left it to his family to pay all the bills

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:01 am 

-62SG- wrote:
The last song he recorded on was God Gave Rock and Roll to you where he did vocals and Singer did drums.

And Eric Carr appeared in the video, but he was in bad shape again soon afterward. What a crappy way to be treated on your death bed. :twisted:

And Bark is right about the pre-Revenge club tour -- they played several clubs to essentially break in Eric Singer before hitting the stadiums for the Revenge tour. The live recordings circulating from the club shows are worth finding -- the NY and San Fran shows in particular are pretty nice. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:42 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
-62SG- wrote:
The last song he recorded on was God Gave Rock and Roll to you where he did vocals and Singer did drums.

And Eric Carr appeared in the video, but he was in bad shape again soon afterward. What a crappy way to be treated on your death bed. :twisted:

agreed. I sure dont like how gene and paul handled the situation. They should have helped take care of Eric when he was at his worst. The man was the drummer for 10/11 years.

Anyways, the Carr family may be releasing a cd of unrealeased/newly discovered recording or Eric - looking forward to that

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 840 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 28  Next