It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:04 pm 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

Sunday got to go to Hollywood and took my 10 year old for the Ace Frehley book signing -- rainy as it was only about 300 folks or so

I stepped on my sons shoe lace and he stepped out of his shoe - so Ace told everybody, "slow down let the little guy get on his shoe!!! Here's a pick for you!" my son was stoked.

couldnt stop and talk no posed pics with Ace either - too bad but my boy and I had a good time togther -- I broke out some video boots I had from the 70s so my boy could see when Ace was in his prime --

book is cool in that you get personal insights but the writing is very cliche - cant have everything!!

hey everyone HAVE A HAPPY THNAKSGIVING!!!!! x*) x*) x*) x*) x*)

Verbum Domini Manet en Aeternum

Post subject: Re: Ace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:36 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

I was finally able to meet Ace this past July at a horror movie convention (he was a special guest add on). I got my photo with him and some autographs. I had him sign my leg as well and got it tattoo'd on me. Dime style.

I did read Ace's book. After reading KISS AND TELL and Wendy Moore's book along with Gene's it seems Ace downplays a lot of things. It is his account of the story however I feel it is super watered down.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:12 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

kel wrote:
Sunday got to go to Hollywood and took my 10 year old for the Ace Frehley book signing -- rainy as it was only about 300 folks or so

I stepped on my sons shoe lace and he stepped out of his shoe - so Ace told everybody, "slow down let the little guy get on his shoe!!! Here's a pick for you!" my son was stoked.

couldnt stop and talk no posed pics with Ace either - too bad but my boy and I had a good time togther -- I broke out some video boots I had from the 70s so my boy could see when Ace was in his prime --

book is cool in that you get personal insights but the writing is very cliche - cant have everything!!

hey everyone HAVE A HAPPY THNAKSGIVING!!!!! x*) x*) x*) x*) x*)

That's awesome !! My little girl is only 10 months old, but I already started with the classic rock for starters... of course in between her children's music :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:13 pm 

I read it, too, as I do all things KISS-related. :twisted: Sad to say, I think it's so watered down, Bones, because his memories of back in the day are so foggy. Still, a worthwhile read for any KISS fan because he covers much more about the earliest days of the band (and pre-KISS) in a more realistic way -- not the hyped-up KISStory repeated so often over the decades by Paul and Gene.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:50 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I like Ace. It's a good book. I like it. 8)