It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: R.I.P. Terry Span-Lead Guitarist for Aleister Wild Band
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:09 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Terry Span, the founder and lead guitarist for the band Aleister Wild passed away yesterday after spending 12 days in a coma. Following a gig in Colorodo Springs October 8th where the group had played for Military Appreciation Night, Terry tried to break up a fight between his bassist Michael Sorden and the group's lead singer and Terry was punched in the head by the bassist in a rage and was knocked into a coma he never came out of.

Some people may rememeber that this was the band that Kelle Rhoads and Kelly Garni were in briefly back in 2008, but it just never gelled.

Terry and different versions of the band had done several overseas tours playing for soldiers stationed there and was the head of the Amercian Warriors Association. He loved playing for the troops all over the world as well as domestically. Terry was a huge Randy Rhoads fan and was for a time endorsed by Dean Guitars.

I, along with my buddy Gitrdanny got to hang out with Terry, Kelly Garni and the singer at that time back in 2008 at a hotel bar for some drinks and to do an interview with the band, which was alot of fun. Danny had taken the guys out on his boat for the day and that was an adventure of it's own.

I corresponded with Terry for the next couple of years and he always was a friendly, funny and cool guy giving me updates on stuff and in general. My condolences go out to all his friends and family. Such a tragedy.

R.I.P. dude.

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7hoL ... sorden.php