It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Whitesnake - Forevermore
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:28 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I know this has been out for a little while, but I was listening to a couple of songs again last night. I have not been able to get "Love Will Set You Free" and "Forevermore" out of my head - catchy and sweet. I kinda previewed the whole cd a couple of months ago, but found most of the lyrics to be pretty cliche - like they had been recycled from previous Whitesnake songs.

I know he has been mentioned before, but gotta say that Doug Aldrich is probably my new favorite guitarist (who also makes me feel like I'm not too old since he's 3 years older than me - even though he still has all his hair :) ). Reb Beach is also incredibly talented, but his playing style just doesn't affect me the same way. Whitesnake and Priest are playing here at the new National Stadium across town from me later this month and I'm really considering going to see them.

Anybody else heard this album?

Post subject: Re: Whitesnake - Forevermore
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:50 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Yeah, I got the album some months back and saw them live in May. They played several songs off the new cd live, including "Love Will Set You Free" and "Forevermore", which I enjoy both of. They have been changing the setlist around since May though and I think one or two of the new songs have been scrubbed, like "My Evil Ways" and another. Overall I enjoy the new cd alot, but a little less than the last one "Good To Be Bad". Beech and Aldrich do smoke on both though in concert Beech is kind of treated like a red-headed stepchild when it comes to playing leads on the songs, as Doug does the majority. They do a kick-ass guitar duel though. Enjoy the show!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:56 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I ended up having a class Tuesday night and didn't go to the show, but found several clips on the tube. Don't know if it was the pollution, the humidity (rainy season) or the end of the tour, but Coverdale's voice sounds pretty shot by this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLbff4mtnws&feature=related
Doug sounded like he was having an off night too, but check out the images from about 2:45 -3:00. Reminded me of someone else...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:22 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

[quote="jtdiamondback"]I ended up having a class Tuesday night and didn't go to the show, but found several clips on the tube. Don't know if it was the pollution, the humidity (rainy season) or the end of the tour, but Coverdale's voice sounds pretty shot by this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLbff4mtnws&feature=related
[quote]

Hate to say it but I saw about the second gig of this tour and Coverdale's voice was pretty rough there too. I don't think it's gotten much better as the tour went on. He is having a hard time with his range as it just isn't what it used to be anymore. It can be hid on record but at a live gig it's impossible to miss. Still was one of the best voices of the last few decades. *r*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:54 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

ironface166 wrote:
Still was one of the best voices of the last few decades. *r*
Agreed Iron.
This would probably get me killed in some dark corners of the internet 8-[ , but I prefer the Deep Purple years with Coverdale and Glenn Hughes - 'Burn' and 'Live in London' (Burn tour) - to the Ian Gillan years - though he had some shining moments too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:10 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

saw them 3 days ago, and it was as Iron said: Coverdale's voice was pretty rough - even scary on the moments, Beach looked kinda bored during the show, but the drummer was kickin' some good ass. His solo was pretty long awesome tough. And Coverdale was introducing his band several times. Never saw them before, but overall it was a good show.