It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Megadeth
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:18 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

So I haven been on in awhile, but I would like to share the Megadeth experience. Last November I got the pleasure of seeing them in Knoxville. I waited in line for 3 hours, when the doors opened, I quickly rushed to the front of the stage, I have been a huge Megadeth fan since I was little, Im 20 now, but the rush and excitement of just seeing Dave upclose was like a fantasy but was a reality. Before Megadeth came on, Machine Head played, and was really good!! I so into it that Rob Flynn, looked at me and smiled. I didnt know what to think, I could read his lips telling me I was awesome, and he threw his guitar pic at me, but I missed and my friend Chris caught it, funny thing was he wasnt looking, it landed in his hand, lol. But after they played, it was Megadeth's turn, I couldnt wait, than They all hit the stage, and when Dave walked out, So mny emotions and feeling were running thorugh my mind, I couldnt believe that right in front of my face was Chris Broderick and Dave Mustaine. They premered and opened with Dialetic Chaos. It was a total Rush of Adrenline when Dave did his solo, and Chris followed. Than after Chris' solo Dave walked right over to me, and did his solo, he was so close that I could touch him easy. But later that night my attention turned to Chris Broderick, he did these solos with ease, and even fist pounded my hand after the skin o my teeth solo. It as amazing. For some reason call me crazy, but he reminded me so much of Randy. His stage presence and the way he delivered was alot like Randy's, it was almost like watching Randy live. After the amazing show, Chis Broderick walked over to me shook my hand and gave me his guitar pic!! I WAS IN TOTAL AWE!! but I thought I would just tell my experience of that wonderful night!!

Post subject: Re: Megadeth
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:12 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

What are their best albums? Dave is my favorite rhythm guitarist in metal since the death of RR.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:06 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Megadeth is AMAZING live, seen em twice! through a huge PA they sound even better than on the albums :D

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:15 pm 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

But which ones would you recommend specifically, especially to someone on a horribly limited budget who usually doesn't believe in download that which is in print?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:55 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

I personally like Rust in peace and So far So good So what best but I honestly haven't listened to anything after Countdown to Extinction

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

RRguitarwannaplay wrote:
But which ones would you recommend specifically, especially to someone on a horribly limited budget who usually doesn't believe in download that which is in print?

Rust In Peace - Countdown To Extinction - Youthanasia <-- my favorite Megadeth albums...

Smirnoff :P

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:47 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Smirnoff wrote:
RRguitarwannaplay wrote:

Rust In Peace - Countdown To Extinction - Youthanasia <-- my favorite Megadeth albums...

Smirnoff :P

MIne go in that same order but I would include Cryptic Writing. That album had some great stuff on it. But Rust in Peace is a must have for any megadeth fan.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:02 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

THANKS EVERYONE!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:12 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

i just came home from watching the big 4 play on the cinema!

wow what an awesome night!

First of Anthrax who played a great set, solid and heavy.

Then it was Megadeth´s turn, to bad the rain had starting poooring down so dave got psyched! :) Dave´s voice was sooo brooken... but the guitarplaying and music was solid and they played their classics and some funny old aditions like Hook in Mouth.

Then it was Slayers turn. God i really cant get a grip of slayer, first two songs they sound awesome, but then the first two songs never end (it feels like it) ... same vocal range , same drumming, same rythmguitarplaying. But when they play some double bass and palmmute some they are really awesome.

Last but not least, Metallica! They ALWAYS play awesome and solid =) James voice was incredible! The guitar tone was terrible (as it has been this year, due to arena playings and the lack of reverb into the mic´s) They where actually the least thrash metal act of the night, they played their classic ballads instead like Fade to Black, One, Nothing else matters.

the encore: holy sh*t this was awesome. For Metallicas encore they got everyone from the big4 bands out on stage, playing "Am i evil?" , seeing Dave Mustaine standing beside James playing, was amazing.

Fun evening!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:51 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

Damn I wanted to go to that so badly but didn't have time because I was busy looking after my daughter! Argh! It's a pity her little ears are too small as of yet to take in that much quality metal!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:41 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

saw Megadeth yesterday and they were awesome. Only Dave's vocals were weak now and then. But since crowd was singing along all songs didn't pay attention to that weakness. And Dave was really touched by crowd's neverending singing. Not to mention Chris who is really master of the strings.
They played majority of their classics and almost whole Rust in peace album.
Those were the best spent 30€ in my life *r* *r* *r*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:07 am 
Newbie Poster
Newbie Poster

I think Dave is the best guitar player in thrash completely. Who agrees with me?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:09 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

i wouldnt say he was the greatest, but hes up there among the greats

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"