It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pete Blakk's Solos
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:19 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

For any King Diamond fans, & anyone who likes great guitarists, here's a collection of some of Pete Blakk's awesome solos during his 3 albums with the band.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=49831495

Together with Andy La Rocque, they are my favourite guitar duo ever!

Post subject: Re: Pete Blakk's Solos
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:02 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

I had always thought Andy played that part of the solo from 'Sleepless Nights'. I love that last part of the solo, where the rhythm section goes to half-time and he plays that part that just absolutely sings! His solo in Welcome Home is brutal.

I think my all-time favorite from him is the outro solo to Black Horsemen....and then when Andy kicks in and they do that harmony part from about 7:01 of the song until the end. That part just JAMS!!! Listen to Mickey Dee's drums on that part too. Killer how he rides the cymbal and the double bass going. One of the most beautiful-uplifting rock outro's ever.

Andy is my favorite of the two, because his vibrato is just un-fucking-touchable, but Pete is no slouch either.

Abigail, Them, and Conspiracy have some of the greatest lead guitar work metal has ever seen. Very melodic, blazing fast, and they all fit the songs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:55 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Awesome!! I am a King diamond/Merciful Fate fan from way back. Abigail ranks in my top 10...hell probably top 5 of favorite metal albums of all time. Used to just sit in my room with the headphones on in the dark and just veg listening to it...maybe not good for therapy reasons but, great for the heart!!LOL

"Beware of the slippery stairs..you could easily faalllllllllll.........AND BREAK YOUR NECK!!!" *r* *r* *r*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:53 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

drawpointe wrote:
I had always thought Andy played that part of the solo from 'Sleepless Nights'. I love that last part of the solo, where the rhythm section goes to half-time and he plays that part that just absolutely sings! His solo in Welcome Home is brutal.

I think my all-time favorite from him is the outro solo to Black Horsemen....and then when Andy kicks in and they do that harmony part from about 7:01 of the song until the end. That part just JAMS!!! Listen to Mickey Dee's drums on that part too. Killer how he rides the cymbal and the double bass going. One of the most beautiful-uplifting rock outro's ever.

Andy is my favorite of the two, because his vibrato is just un-f**king-touchable, but Pete is no slouch either.

Abigail, Them, and Conspiracy have some of the greatest lead guitar work metal has ever seen. Very melodic, blazing fast, and they all fit the songs.

The Sleepless Nights solo is awesome, but then again most of them are. There is a load of great guitarwork not even in that youtube clip.

I agree with everything you said, couldn't have put it any better myself. Those 3 albums are genius! Yeah Andy is also my favourite, but Pete is just as awesome *r*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:56 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

big_p wrote:
Awesome!! I am a King diamond/Merciful Fate fan from way back. Abigail ranks in my top 10...hell probably top 5 of favorite metal albums of all time. Used to just sit in my room with the headphones on in the dark and just veg listening to it...maybe not good for therapy reasons but, great for the heart!!LOL

"Beware of the slippery stairs..you could easily faalllllllllll.........AND BREAK YOUR NECK!!!" *r* *r* *r*

I can relate exactly to what you've written. Abigail is probably my favourite metal album of all-time. Some of the greatest musicianship ever *r*

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:38 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

It's so pleasant to see here people who like MF and KD. *r*
I always thought that LaRocque, Blakk, Denner and Shermann are great.
If I'd be able to play guitar myself...