It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: quick maiden question
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:37 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

MOD EDIT: *MOVED FROM OFF TOPIC* Please post in the appropriate section.

is the live at the rainbow dvd the full show? because it seems a little short.

Post subject: Re: quick maiden question
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:43 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

I will say that I'm not too sure to start with, but if you're reffering to the one that still had Dianno in the band then it probably was just a shorter show, they didn't have much of a back catalogue with only 2 albums at the time. (possibly one and another on the way?).

So it's likely that it was a short show.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:56 am 

Yes, this was in 1980 and EMI wanted to film a "concert video" to promote the band, so the full show that was performed and recorded is 7 songs. However, given that it was a show specifically designed to be filmed and used for promotion, it does not necessarily mean this was a standard setlist for them at the time. In fact, it wasn't. I have a bootleg of them from Scotland that same year in which their full set consisted of 11 songs, but one of the songs was "Transylvania" and it was played twice -- in the middle of the set and again as the encore. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:16 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Mr.Coneman wrote:
I will say that I'm not too sure to start with, but if you're reffering to the one that still had Dianno in the band then it probably was just a shorter show, they didn't have much of a back catalogue with only 2 albums at the time. (possibly one and another on the way?).

So it's likely that it was a short show.

yeah they had 2 albums at that time.
rickhawk80 wrote:
Yes, this was in 1980 and EMI wanted to film a "concert video" to promote the band, so the full show that was performed and recorded is 7 songs. However, given that it was a show specifically designed to be filmed and used for promotion, it does not necessarily mean this was a standard setlist for them at the time. In fact, it wasn't. I have a bootleg of them from Scotland that same year in which their full set consisted of 11 songs, but one of the songs was "Transylvania" and it was played twice -- in the middle of the set and again as the encore. :mrgreen:

thanks rickhawk. it was really only 6 songs because ides of march is just an intro that last 30 seconds.

i miss transylvania. they should bring it back. they used to play it all the time. i love how on the Ruskin charity show Paul tells the crowd they are playing an instumental (transylvania) and they cheer loud and he goes "thanks alot" or something. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:21 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

i hope they release Maiden England on dvd. they said they would in 2008 and its now 2009 and they still havent. they are probobly going to use it as part of The History Of Iron Maiden Part 3 which i hope they make. just like they used Live At The Rainbow, Live After Death, and Behind The Iron Curtain for History Of... dvd's.