It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: VH DIVER DOWN?
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:18 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

i took out an old vinyl of this album and played it the whole way through.i love alex's tone on his snare on it!wow!i never knew that vanhalen senior played clarinet on one of the tracks!(big bad bill).i just wanted to know if anybody hears this song on the radio cuz here in tampa i've never heard it..thanks.

Post subject: Re: VH DIVER DOWN?
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:57 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Diver Down is the black sheep of the DLR era of VH, and I love it. Granted its mostly covers, but theres some quality original stuff. Catherdral, Little Guitars (intro and song), and The Full Bug are all great tunes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:56 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

That was the first VH album I ever heard. I always liked Secrets and Little Guitars. Never heard Big Bad Bill on the radio though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:07 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

tito wrote:
i love alex's tone on his snare on it!wow!i never knew that vanhalen senior played clarinet on one of the tracks!(big bad bill).
Ed loved Alex's snare too. Whenever someone asked him what he moddled his tone after he always said "Alex's snare" Funny thigh about Big Bad Bill was his dad Jan lost one of his fingers and that was the first time he played the clarinet in about 15 years. Hang Em' High is the sleeper on that album for me & the solo to The Full Bug is sick. Little Guitars intro is pure guitar magic.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:34 pm 

Great memories. 8) I'd have to say that this one and 1984 are at the bottom of my list of favs from the classic 6, but that doesn't mean I don't like 'em. It's like being the least million having millionare. :lol: That was really bad, I apologize. Back on track, I'd have to say "secrets" and "little guitars" top this one for me. Intruder is pretty mean, and I do love the guitar tone on Pretty Woman. Hell they're all great.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:21 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

i wish bands would keep covers to a sepret album intended to have all covers like metallica or ozzy. other then that i like the album but i think it needs a little more original songs on it because we all know that van halen can deliver some wicked sh*t when they put thier minds to it.