It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: kurt cobain found dead 15 years ago today
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:08 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

i agree with ReXiX on this one.
not a great guitar player.
i dont care why you take your life...its wrong.
as far as Metallica joking about his death, can anyone proove this (video audio). if they did its not a big deal. its just a joke.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lFlKiw_wpI&feature=PlayList&p=E52947238FAA32A3&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6
this is why i doubt it.

and to the person who said metallica went downhill after justice

NO

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:08 am 

Yes, Metallica joked about his death. I have it on old audio bootlegs. During the "Alcoholica" days. I'm sure there's a lot James did back then that he regrets.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:24 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

whoopiecat wrote:
He was also a coward who took his own life.

THe most ignorant post I have read on this board in almost 4 years..next to demons comments.

For some people there is no other way. Its their life so let them do what they want. No need to ridicule someone for something they chose to do just because you disagree with it. Grow up

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:05 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
whoopiecat wrote:

For some people there is no other way. Its their life so let them do what they want.

Well of course... but how is it about HONOUR of doing it... imo there is none. its selfish and a cowards way out of problems. Kurt could have gotten out of his problem if he would FIGHT for it. But he gave up and that is what buggs me.

Compare Kurts death to Dimebags death.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:32 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

ReXiX wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:
whoopiecat wrote:

For some people there is no other way. Its their life so let them do what they want.

Well of course... but how is it about HONOUR of doing it... imo there is none. its selfish and a cowards way out of problems. Kurt could have gotten out of his problem if he would FIGHT for it. But he gave up and that is what buggs me.

I never said it was about honour....and I dont think it is either. For some people they dont feel they can can better....so that gives people like whoopiecat every reason to bag on them for THEIR DECISION.

You cant compare Cobains and Dimebags deaths...Someone killed DD, and Cobain killed himself (though some people say otherwise)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:28 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
ReXiX wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:

I never said it was about honour....and I dont think it is either. For some people they dont feel they can can better....so that gives people like whoopiecat every reason to bag on them for THEIR DECISION.

You cant compare Cobains and Dimebags deaths...Someone killed DD, and Cobain killed himself (though some people say otherwise)

Yeah i agree that nothing gets more personal than the choose to live or to die. And Kurt surely did a bad decision especially when he probably could fix everything that he complained about. And reasoned why to take his life.

Exacly! Dimebag was KILLED and he was murdered WHILE he was doing what he loved most of all in teh world. Kurt whimpt out and took his life and left ALL his fans alone and his family and allt that... It kinds of shows character.

Intressting discussion btw :)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:20 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

ReXiX wrote:

Yeah i agree that nothing gets more personal than the choose to live or to die. And Kurt surely did a bad decision especially when he probably could fix everything that he complained about. And reasoned why to take his life.

Exacly! Dimebag was KILLED and he was murdered WHILE he was doing what he loved most of all in teh world. Kurt whimpt out and took his life and left ALL his fans alone and his family and allt that... It kinds of shows character.

Intressting discussion btw :)

Yes, very interesting discussion indeed.

I can see where you are coming from how he left qalot behind. At the same time, alot of people leave family and friends behind when they do that. That and some people dont have anybody. It is infact sad when someone does take their life, but as stated its ultimately up to them what they want to do.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:40 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
THe most ignorant post I have read on this board in almost 4 years..next to demons comments.

*LOL*LOL* love you too :roll:
rickhawk80 wrote:
Yes, Metallica joked about his death. I have it on old audio bootlegs. During the "Alcoholica" days. I'm sure there's a lot James did back then that he regrets.

thanks for clearing that up rickhawk.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:16 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
Cobain killed himself (though some people say otherwise)

And I'm one of them - Mr. Conspiracy Theory. :lol:
My opinion? Too many inconsistencies. I believe Courtney's behind it. If she didn't actually commit the murder, she knows who did because she hired them.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:18 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

ReXiX wrote:
RIP, but not much of a musician...

I shared a gig with him in a tiny, tiny club. We were packed in and he had zero to hide behind. He was actually a fantastic player - very animated and very consistent. He doesn't get a whole lot of props but he had excellent chops and such a knack for a hooky riff.

Being a dad I hate how his life ended but he was a genuinely nice guy when I met him and I've heard he made himself available to young fans. In other words he shared a couple of key attributes of the man this site was created for.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:01 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

danno. you shared a gig with kurt? man thats cool.
i think its sad that he left behind a 2 year old little girl....

theres a joke that goes
"what has more brains then kurt cobain?"

the wall behind him

*WHIP*

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:40 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Ouuch! :D

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:06 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

People who take their lives are cowards, not fact, but my opinion. You act as though he was a relative of yours...you didn't know Kurt, did you? You didn't know what was going through his head, did you? You didn't spend his final hours with him, did you?
To call someone ignorant for stating their opinion on a public message board is pretty immature itself, no? Funny, you slam a couple of people for their opinions, yet you turn around and call the conversation "interesting".
I am quite grown up, but thanks for your concern...in fact, I've served my country so folks like you and me have the freedom to state their opinions.
If I came onto a Cobain tribute and said what I said, I could understand folks getting heated, but here?
I'm looking at the statement I made almost two months ago, and wondering exactly where the "ridicule" and "bagging on him" comes in.
I've been a member on this board as long as you, I've seen some pretty goofy stuff get posted, but I've never felt the need to put on my hall monitor badge and call someone out by name like you did.

Tom

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:31 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

I agree with whoopiecat...

Getting into heated multiple page arguments over someone's goddamn opinion is complete bullsh*t.

A message board is made for people to discuss subjects and share their opinions, and spread facts.

So attacking people for doing what you're doing just as much as them isn't really called for...