It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: "The Devil You Know" Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell New Album
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:33 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

New Heaven and Hell album...well Black Sabbath really....Not sure if the band title will be known as Sabbath yet....but good chance it might be H&H hope not lolz I like Sabbath better lolz

There is no album art avilable yet though...but soon I hope lolz
To be released April 28, 2009

Tony Iommi - Lead Guitar
Geezer Butler - Bass
Ronnie James Dio - Vocals
Vinny Appice - Drums

The complete, proper track listing has not been released yet, but these tracks have been said to be on the album. But is said to have 10 tracks.

1. Rock 'N' Roll Angel
2. Neverwhere
3. Breaking into Heaven
4. Bible Black
5. Double Pain
6. Atom & Evil
7. Eating the Cannibals

All Song Credits go to Dio, Iommi, and Butler

Post subject: Re: "The Devil You Know" Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell New Album
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:09 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Is Ozzy even touring anymore???? Anyway I wish they would have Ozzy instead of Dio! I mean sure Dio is a good singer but Rainbow In The Dark was just so lame to me and all of Ozzy's stuff always has that hard rock edge!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:18 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

OffTheScales wrote:
Is Ozzy even touring anymore???? Anyway I wish they would have Ozzy instead of Dio! I mean sure Dio is a good singer but Rainbow In The Dark was just so lame to me and all of Ozzy's stuff always has that hard rock edge!

Ozzy is resting and working on a new album, the band with Iommi, Butler and Dio will be billed as "Heaven And Hell" not as "Black Sabbath" and as for beefing about "Rainbow In The Dark" compared to Ozzy's hard rock edge I guess you've missed some of the Ozzy stinkers like "Slow Down", "Thank God For The Bomb", "Shot In The Dark" (same type as "RITD") and lots more poppy stuff he's done. While I am not fond of that opening keyboard line in "Rainbow In The Dark" the rest of the song rocks way plenty hard enough.

Ozzy and Sabbath likely will never record together again because they can't seem to come up with any good enough material and Iommi and Butler sure don't want to be in cahoots with Sharon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:43 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ironface166 wrote:
OffTheScales wrote:

Ozzy is resting and working on a new album, the band with Iommi, Butler and Dio will be billed as "Heaven And Hell" not as "Black Sabbath" and as for beefing about "Rainbow In The Dark" compared to Ozzy's hard rock edge I guess you've missed some of the Ozzy stinkers like "Slow Down", "Thank God For The Bomb", "Shot In The Dark" (same type as "RITD") and lots more poppy stuff he's done. While I am not fond of that opening keyboard line in "Rainbow In The Dark" the rest of the song rocks way plenty hard enough.

Ozzy and Sabbath likely will never record together again because they can't seem to come up with any good enough material and Iommi and Butler sure don't want to be in cahoots with Sharon.

Yes "billed" as Heaven and Hell....but to us Sabbath fans...They are still known as "Black Sabbath" no matter what they try to call themselves

Post subject: Re: "The Devil You Know" Black Sabbath/Heaven and
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:41 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:41 pm 

OffTheScales wrote:

Dude are you kiddin' me? Vivian Campbell's solo on that one still indimidates me to try to learn even to this day. 8)

Post subject: Re: "The Devil You Know" Black Sabbath/Heaven and
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:36 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:58 pm 

Rob2000 wrote:
Yes "billed" as Heaven and Hell....but to us Sabbath fans...They are still known as "Black Sabbath" no matter what they try to call themselves

True, but there is a good (and practical) reason for them using "Heaven and Hell" as opposed to "Black Sabbath". As Black Sabbath there would be expectations from some fans for them to perform such classic Sabbath staples like Paranoid, Iron Man, NIB, War Pigs, Electric Funeral, The Wizard, etc. However as "Heaven and Hell" it releases them of that expectation. It makes it clear to the fans that go to a "Heaven and Hell" concert that this band and this show is Dio era Sabbath ONLY and will contain only those songs.

Metal Matt wrote:
OffTheScales wrote:

Dude are you kiddin' me? Vivian Campbell's solo on that one still indimidates me to try to learn even to this day. 8)

I agree 1,000,000,000,000%!! Not only Rainbow in the Dark, but We Rock, Last In Line, Stand Up and Shout, I Speed At Night, man I could go on and on. Dio's first three solo albums were heavy as hell and has some incredible playing on it! Vivian Campbell's playing on those albums were massive and personally influenced my guitar playing (along with many many others) greatly.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:00 pm 

I bought the new CD this week. Gotta say that it's not overwhelming me at this point. It's too slow and sludgy on most of the tracks -- not very lively. There are a couple standout cuts, but after only a couple listens so far, it's not wowing me.... :(

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:58 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

The only song that grabs ya by the sack seems to be Bible Black
I was intent on buying the new cd then once I previewed the whole album on I tunes I didn't like it.So I only downloaded Bible Black

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:04 am 

Along with the single, "Turn of the Screw" and "Eating the Cannibals" are the only other standout tracks for me so far... :?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:28 am 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

I got it a few days ago and am overall loving it. My top favs are "Bible Black" and "Follow The Tears", but also dig "Double The Pain", "Fear" and "Rock And Roll Angel". It's growing on me more and more with repeated listens. I think opening the album with "Atom And Evil" was a bad move as it is pretty much a sludgy, filler of a song imo and should have been 7th or 8th. Open your CD with a crusher. I gotta say I am so amazed that at their ages (Dio is almost 70 for Christ's sake! Tony is 61 and Geezer turns 60 in a few months) they can still kick it like they do. :shock: *r*

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:12 am 
Semi Poster
Semi Poster

I agree with Iron. It really grows on you the more you listen to it. Looking forward to the live show. I got tickets today for the L.A. show. 8)

http://www.myspace.com/fretfun

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:43 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

Mob Rules currently in heavy rotation in my car. When I was a senior in high school the local record store had new copies for $.99. I gambled a buck and to this day it is one of my favorites.

Now that I play bass I have new found respect for Geezer. He totally rips on "Turn Up The Night". :shock: