It is currently Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Metallica New Album Cover
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:06 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

The Day That Never Comes Music Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6o2WfpHNyA
Cyanide Single:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm4EADT8k5U

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:27 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

The video's been removed for The Day That Never Comes... but I'm listening to Cyanide for the 1st time (I did see the live version earlier, but this is a lot clearer) and it rocks :-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:56 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

mj_patrick wrote:
The video's been removed for The Day That Never Comes

Heres another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjstywcs7-Q

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:06 am 

Rolling Stone just reviewed the new album and gave it four stars, and the review would indicate to me that old school fans who are still on the fence should dig this:
http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/22723926/review/22787142/death_magnetic
*r* *r* *r* *r* *r*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:59 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Was on my way back from Guitar Center when My Apocalypse started playing on the radio... I didn't immediately pay attention to it & didn't hear vocals right away.... I just hear these rapid machine gun riff and was like WTF is this??? It sounded like an outtake off of Master Of Puppets. Then I hear Hetfield's vocals and thought this has to be another new Metallica track. The song is long and epic, and awesome.

They are most definitely back in good form. I keep thinking jeez it's been 20 years since I've heard music like this from them.

Got home and saw the album has been posted to the newsgroups, so apparently it's leaked. I will probably cave in and download, but I'm definitely buying the CD for this one when it hits stores.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:15 am 

mj_patrick wrote:
Was on my way back from Guitar Center when My Apocalypse started playing on the radio... I didn't immediately pay attention to it & didn't hear vocals right away.... I just hear these rapid machine gun riff and was like WTF is this??? It sounded like an outtake off of Master Of Puppets. Then I hear Hetfield's vocals and thought this has to be another new Metallica track. The song is long and epic, and awesome.

They are most definitely back in good form. I keep thinking jeez it's been 20 years since I've heard music like this from them.

Got home and saw the album has been posted to the newsgroups, so apparently it's leaked. I will probably cave in and download, but I'm definitely buying the CD for this one when it hits stores.

Yep, "My Apocalypse" is some thrashy goodness. *r* It's the final track on the new CD.

The album leaked because a record store in Paris, France, started selling it early yesterday and several copies got sold before it was stopped. Some of these people then posted it. :evil:

I am resisting -- I will wait until the official release next week to hear the full CD. :mrgreen: We already have three new songs in full form to hold us over --"My Apocalypse," "The Day That Never Comes" and "Cyanide." One more week won't kill us.
:wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:16 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

The strings that pulled the Master Puppet can be yanked again. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:12 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

the album leaked a few days ago. In the process of gettin it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:38 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
I want to listen but ive decided to wait. One song I did hear was All Nightmare Long which was pretty cool, I think My Apocalypse is the best track. when you get it tell me what you think.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:56 am 

ibanez122 wrote:

:shock: DEREK!!!! The official release is next week -- do the right thing and wait!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:01 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

I dunno know if a can Rick! I have it on my HD now...debating whether to give it a listen! Though the leaked copys sound quality is pretty bad from what I have been reading.. I may give one or 2 songs a listen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:17 am 

ibanez122 wrote:
I dunno know if a can Rick! I have it on my HD now...debating whether to give it a listen! Though the leaked copys sound quality is pretty bad from what I have been reading.. I may give one or 2 songs a listen

Willpower, buddy!! :D You've waited 5 years for another Met CD -- and more than 18 for a really good one. :lol: In the grand scheme of things, what's another 8 days to hear it in all its premium digital sound quality and as Papa Het and the gang intended it to be heard?!?!?!?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:28 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:

Willpower, buddy!! :D You've waited 5 years for another Met CD -- and more than 18 for a really good one. :lol: In the grand scheme of things, what's another 8 days to hear it in all its premium digital sound quality and as Papa Het and the gang intended it to be heard?!?!?!?

That is indeed true Rick :lol: I cheated and listened to the first track lol. Killer riffage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:38 am 

ibanez122 wrote:
I cheated and listened to the first track lol. Killer riffage

Stop now, Derek, and we'll still respect you in the morning!! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:35 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:
I cheated and listened to the first track lol. Killer riffage

Stop now, Derek, and we'll still respect you in the morning!! :wink:

If you insist Rick! :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:11 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:11 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Alex wrote:
I must say that Lars' attitude about it all is pretty cool. 8)

"On September 2, 2008, a French record store began selling copies of Death Magnetic, nearly two weeks ahead of its scheduled worldwide release date,[26] which resulted in the album being made prematurely available on peer-to-peer clients. It is currently unconfirmed whether Metallica or Warner Bros. will be taking any action against the retailer, though drummer Lars Ulrich who was questioned about the leak on a San Francisco radio station gave this response:

“ Listen, we're ten days from release. I mean, from here, we're golden. If this thing leaks all over the world today or tomorrow, happy days. Happy days. Trust me. Ten days out and it hasn't quote-unquote fallen off the truck yet? Everybody's happy. It's 2008 and it's part of how it is these days, so it's fine. We're happy"

I thinks hes trying to break the image of "money grubbing Lars" that was created in the Napster case (which he wasnt) he was actually correct because it has gotten completly out of control. He shouldnt of been chastised for it, he was just trying to protect his music.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:01 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:14 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Alex wrote:
Cole wrote:
I thinks hes trying to break the image of "money grubbing Lars" that was created in the Napster case

I am pretty sure that his views on the Internet and music has changed over the past 8 years aswell. Just look at their own bootleg site, and the way they're marketing/selling this album.
theve always encouraged booklegs havent they?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:04 pm 

They have always encouraged live bootlegs since the very beginning -- the "Cliff 'Em All" video they put out when Cliff died consists almost entirely of bootleg videos filmed by fans, and on the "Black Album" tour they actually had space set aside on the floor where people could set up their own recording equipment on tables to make their own bootlegs. :shock: And, of course, these days they have the LiveMetallica website of concert downloads. 8)

Lars is just trying to downplay the leak now because he knows that if he freaks out about it the haters from the Napster days will do everything in their power to spread the leak further. If he acts like it's not a big deal, people may not try as hard to spread it. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:47 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

all nightmare long and my apocalypse dominate *r* *r* *r*

Metallica is BACK!!! =D>

Right behind you, I see the millions. On you, I see the glory. From you, I get opinions. From you, I get the story. Listening to you, I get the music. Gazing at you, I get the heat. Following you, I climb the mountain. I get excitement at your feet!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:54 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

This is almost getting ridiculous, but i kind of like it. Metallica has released 6 of the new songs already. What is the point of being excited about September 12th now? lol...http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601197

Right behind you, I see the millions. On you, I see the glory. From you, I get opinions. From you, I get the story. Listening to you, I get the music. Gazing at you, I get the heat. Following you, I climb the mountain. I get excitement at your feet!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:04 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Just dont listen to them wait till the cd comes out. Also My Apocalypse & All Nightmare Long are the best songs ive heard so far ive only heard 4 songs though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:20 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

my apocalypse and all nightmare long are awesome!!!! i havent listened to anything that was "leaked", just what the band posted on their website...

okay i lied..im listening to the intrsumental right now, "Suicide & Redemption" and its very, very good!!!!!! *r*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:54 am 

I'm avoiding the illegal leak but I am listening to the songs that Metallica is releasing for streaming. I must say that "The Judas Kiss" is pretty wicked:

Bow down
Sell your soul to me
I will set you free
Pacify your demons

Bow down
Surrender unto me
Submit infectiously
Sanctify your demons

Into abyss
You don't exist
Cannot resist
The Judas kiss

:twisted: *r* :twisted: *r* :twisted: *r*

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:02 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Heres a cool video of TDTNC being rehersed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oObVJTQ_IDw

rickhawk80 wrote:
I'm avoiding the illegal leak but I am listening to the songs that Metallica is releasing for streaming. I must say that "The Judas Kiss" is pretty wicked:

Bow down
Sell your soul to me
I will set you free
Pacify your demons

Bow down
Surrender unto me
Submit infectiously
Sanctify your demons

Into abyss
You don't exist
Cannot resist
The Judas kiss

:twisted: *r* :twisted: *r* :twisted: *r*

That sounds pretty awsome im sill gonna wait till next friday. Looks like I was wrong this album turned out much better than I expected. Alex and Rick you were right.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:24 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

From what I've heard they're soundin' pretty badass.
..Awkwardly enough there's already a cover of 'My Apocalypse"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJYxnFVl ... re=related

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:05 pm 

:-s This pic has been circulating on the Met boards from when they played in Italy recently.

What does a metal god do after a hard night of thrashing? :-k Why, go shopping for Armani, of course: :wink:
The woman in the flowered dress is Rob Trujillo's wife. Note the large inkwork on her back and left forearm. \:D/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:21 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I am going to catch heat for my honesty here... I downloaded it and listened to the whole album in context.

I know that's terrible, if it means anything, I should probably note that I have already pre-ordered the album from Amazon (and the price it's selling for is VERY reasonable, by the way). I may order the 180g vinyl as well.

DEATH MAGNETIC is a lot closer to what I wanted the album after "...And Justice For All" to sound like. There are some very vintage references to the early albums, a LOT of similar feel to Master Of Puppets and Justice, as well as some of the better parts of the Black album. It's very complex and layered in terms of those references. After hearing the album in its entirety several times, I have forgiven them for 20 years misguided direction under Bob Rock.

Interestingly, the way I first heard Metallica was when a friend copied Master Of Puppets onto a cassette for me... I have bought all of their all albums (including singles and reissues) and most of their videos ever since. Of course that's different from making MP3s of an album available to millions of people.

Take note that DEATH MAGNETIC's pre-release sales have made it the #1 album on Amazon at the time of this post...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:31 pm 

OK, mj, we're gonna have to put you in timeout over there in the corner until the official release date next Friday to think about what you've done! :wink:

Do not file share it with anyone else -- make them pay for their own copy of what is clearly going to be THE album of 2008!!! 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next