It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Metallica New Album Cover
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:28 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
CliffDimeRandy wrote:
metallica seems to always tour in europe. are they gonna play the us/canada for this album?

CDR, while you were honeymooning they released the first North American dates for this tour. :wink: They're in a thread I started here:
http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10261
*r* *r* *r*

thanks dude!!

"In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:00 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:26 am 

Alex wrote:

"The Day That Never Comes" starts off somewhat slow a la the "Load"/"Re-Load" era, but really kicks in after a few minutes. Some of the haters may gripe that it doesn't sound like "Puppets," but I dig it. 8) And it's a definite improvement over "St. Anger."

And "Cyanide" totally rocks. *r* The MySpace page now has their performance of that song from Ozzfest. :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:10 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:

"The Day That Never Comes" starts off somewhat slow a la the "Load"/"Re-Load" era, but really kicks in after a few minutes.

mine keeps stopping when ever it gets to the heavy part.[/quote]
rickhawk80 wrote:
it's a definite improvement over "St. Anger."

Its pretty hard to make an album as bad as St. Anger.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:35 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
"The Day That Never Comes" starts off somewhat slow a la the "Load"/"Re-Load" era, but really kicks in after a few minutes. Some of the haters may gripe that it doesn't sound like "Puppets," but I dig it. 8) And it's a definite improvement over "St. Anger."

.....THAT'S a huge improvement over what they have been doing for the previous 20 years. Classic harmony lead lines over the clean rhythm parts that give way to the tight riffing.... that is what put them on the map. This is MUCH CLOSER to what I wanted the Black Album to sound like before I finally heard it (and was quite disappointed with).

It's hard to base how great the album will be after only hearing this and the live version of Cyanide, but I'm already nearly ready to forgive them for the Bob Rock produced stuff (I just wish it didn't have to take so long to get back to this).

I haven't been this excited about an upcoming album from them in years. If the other songs on the album are of this quality (or better), they might just become cool again...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:55 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

I just got to hear the full song, Lars druming on the day that never comes are awsome.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:12 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

the day that never comes is totally kick ass. VERY PROMISING...now i am totally excited about the album being released.

Right behind you, I see the millions. On you, I see the glory. From you, I get opinions. From you, I get the story. Listening to you, I get the music. Gazing at you, I get the heat. Following you, I climb the mountain. I get excitement at your feet!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:19 pm 

I'm a Met Club member and they're giving members a free download of the single, so I slapped that baby on my mp3 player last night and have listened to it quite a few times now. *r* I am really digging it. Bring on "Death Magnetic"!!! *yay*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:32 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

i must say i am very pleased with what i hear. Sounds awesome

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:33 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:03 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
I'm a Met Club member and they're giving members a free download of the single, so I slapped that baby on my mp3 player last night and have listened to it quite a few times now. *r* I am really digging it. Bring on "Death Magnetic"!!! *yay*
You can buy it on iTunes also

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:40 pm 

Alex wrote:
The new song live from last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOEwDOjb1Io

:D :D

Yup. They played "Cyanide" AND "The Day That Never Comes" at Leeds Festival. *yay*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:42 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

you can also download it for free from limewire or whatever you use. ive already listened to it like 10 times. the guitar is pretty easy for the intro, verse, and choruses.

Right behind you, I see the millions. On you, I see the glory. From you, I get opinions. From you, I get the story. Listening to you, I get the music. Gazing at you, I get the heat. Following you, I climb the mountain. I get excitement at your feet!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:12 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

heres 8 riffs from there new album http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601104
#4 Sounds pretty cool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:30 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

i think all those riffs are pretty bad ass. based on the newest song i heard, and these sound clips, im even more excited than before !! *r*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:42 am 

Damage Inc. wrote:
i think all those riffs are pretty bad ass. based on the newest song i heard, and these sound clips, im even more excited than before !! *r*

:mrgreen: Yep, I gotta agree I'm getting pretty stoked. *r*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:20 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I have listened to The Day That Never Comes about 20 times since the last post, and it just improves each time. I had to finally stop playing it because I don't want to overplay it, and I'd rather hear it within the context of the album... especially since it sounds like it will be a concept album.

When I first saw the track listing and saw "Unforgiven, Pt. III" listed I rolled my eyes and thought is this really necessary... then I listened to the song above, and I'm not too worried about it. It's like what the Black album should have been... the sound is classic and new and then slides back into something that could have fit ...And Justice For All... or even Kill 'em All. It took them 20 years to do this, but at it's finally happening again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:33 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

I am excited too. It sounds pretty cool.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:05 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Im still on the fence im really not to jazzed on The Day That Never Comes but its also much better that St. Anger. Ill listen to TDTNC then ill listen to Disposable Heroes or Fade to Black (something thats in the same style as TDTNC) and theres no comparison. Also James vocal seems to not have the same tone as it yousto maybe hes getting old or maybe its from blowing it out on the black album. Well have to see album comes out in 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:49 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Lame. Much like everything Metallica has released since 1996

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:20 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

they've been playing the hell out of this song on the rock station here. I love the riffs in it and all though I am not too impressed with James' singing on this one. Im not saying its bad but hes actually trying to sing :lol:

IF this album leaks before it comes it im gettin it the day it does

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:49 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

i read on the metallica forums that the released version of the day that never comes is mixed different than the version that will be on the album. i dont really believe much of what i read over there, there have been so many b.s posts. anyone know anything about this?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:04 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

I just bought My Apocalypse on iTunes (Not 27 Minutes sorry bout' that :oops: ) I actually like it. Its pretty cool much better than TDTNC. heres a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZJ0H0Ssx48

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:07 am 

Damage Inc. wrote:
i read on the metallica forums that the released version of the day that never comes is mixed different than the version that will be on the album. i dont really believe much of what i read over there, there have been so many b.s posts. anyone know anything about this?

Since I'm a MetClub member I also get Platinum access to the Mission: Metallica website and that site now says there's an alternate mix available. There's only one version available for streaming and download on that site for Platinum members, and it's the same as the radio version that we're hearing. So, I take it from that comment that the single/radio version is different than what is going to be on the CD. :? Guess we'll find out in a few weeks. :wink:

Regarding the new track, "My Apocalypse," I'm digging that old school thrashy goodness, but actually I would rank that third among my favorites from the new CD so far after "TDTNC" and "Cyanide." 8) Of course, even in third place for me on this CD, it still beats the pants off anything they've done in the last 16 years. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:12 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Theres 2 more riffs up. I cant believe they put #9 on the record that is awful.
Damage Inc. wrote:

Asbjørn Slettemark of the Norwegian music industry magazine Faro Journalen reports that METALLICA's record label, Universal Music Norway, has confirmed that it has received several complaints over the sound quality of the new METALLICA single "The Day That Never Comes", which was released via the iTunes store late last week. "There will be a new version of the song on iTunes in a short while," Eivind Slotsvik, senior product manager at Universal Music Norway, told Faro Journalen.

Slotsvik claims, however, that the "The Day That Never Comes" audio file that was serviced to Norwegian radio and press is not distorted like the track that was being sold via iTunes. "What we know is that there is something wrong with the version sent to iTunes," he said. "The version we have received does not contain similar errors."

Faro Journalen downloaded one of the versions Universal Music released to the press via its digital promotional database. The magazine then sent the file to Lasse Svendsen, editor of Norway's hi-fi magazine Lyd & Bilde (Sound & Vision). Svendsen was shocked by what he heard.

"Oh my God, this is unfortunately a classic example of how bad things get when studio technicians and musicians gets to play with expensive compressors and limiters," he said. "The file is a 313 kbps AAC sound file, which isn't necessarily that bad, but someone has chosen to maximize the volume with a compressor, so much so that the whole sound file just sounds like mud. The cymbals sound like broken glass, the drums like trees cracking, and the guitars — which are mixed equally loudly — sound like someone shoved a screwdriver into my ears."

Kjartan Overby is responsible for the music archives at the Norwegian national radio station at NRK. "The Day That Never Comes" was one of this week's most played tracks on NRK's youth channel P3, and Overby told Faro Journalen he reacted immediately to the sound level on the song.

"I have never heard anything like this on songs we have added to the archive. It is probably not a technical error. The file was like that when we received it from Universal Music," he said.

Lyd & Bilde editor Svendsen has low expectations for the "Death Magnetic" full-length album, which is scheduled to hit stores worldwide on September 12. "We can only hope that the CD won't sound this bad, but I don't have high hopes that this will happen," he said.

A representative for METALLICA's Mission: Metallica web site — the online experience related to the group's forthcoming album, "Death Magnetic" — sent out an e-mail message to the site's registered members last week claiming that the sound quality problems on "The Day That Never Comes" were related to "the creation of the track from master," before reassuring fans that "this is not how it will sound on the album." He then added, "We've identified the source of the problem to prevent it in any subsequent singles released in advance of September 12."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:06 am 

Must've been a problem with the iTunes and retail download versions. :? The free version I was able to download as a Mission: Metallica Platinum member was fine. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:48 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

30 second clips of each song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQvDWdK_b1E
All Nightmare long and Cyanide sound awsome.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:07 am 

*yay* Got my tickets this morning in the MetClub pre-sale to see them on Nov. 18 (Kirk Hammett's birthday, I'm told) in Tulsa. Row 5 in the center reserved seating section directly in front of the stage (the stage takes up most of the floor again this tour with the stage being "in the round"). Woo-hoo!!!! *r*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:26 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

How much were they?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:45 am 

$55, plus the usual ticket service charges. Metallica is charging the same prices as they did for their "St. Anger" tour -- $75 for general admission floor, $55 for reserved seats. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next