It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: Metallica New Album Cover
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:54 am 

demon wrote:
rickhawk. did getting a tat hurt?

Well, it hurts some, but it is a tolerable pain, and the level of pain really depends on two things: (1) where the tat is on your body, and (2) how deep the tattoo artist goes with the needle when he/she injects the ink.

Certain parts of the body are more sensitive to it than others. In short, bony areas or less fleshy areas hurt more. I have friends with them on their ankle bones and tops of their feet and they say those hurt a fair bit. On my calf didn't hurt really at all. The ribs and sides are considered the most painful places to get inked.

Regarding the tattoo artist, I also have a pretty large tattoo on my arm that covers most of my upper right arm and that one hurt throughout the process and was attributable mostly to the fact that the artist who did it injects the ink deeper into the skin. As a result, it hurt much more, bled more during the tattooing process, and took longer to heal.

The Metallica tat only took about 45 minutes to do and was virtually painless and it is close to healed already after only a week. 8) The tat on my upper arm took almost 4 hours to do, and took weeks to heal. :!:

Someone once described the pain of getting a tattoo as more annoying than painful, and there is some truth to that. It really is more annoying, like you want to swat the tattoo gun away. :lol: But, if you find art that you really like, you'll find that your tolerance for the pain/annoyance can be pretty high. :wink:

One other thing I will say is to make sure you really want a tattoo before you get it and that it is something you can live with for the rest of your life. I didn't get my first tattoo until well after I turned 30, and I shudder to think what I might've gotten tattoed on me if I had done it at 18. It may sound hokey, but you should really know yourself well before you get inked. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:01 pm 

News on new LIVE DVDs from the boys posted on the Met Fan Club page:

Live DVDs. . . In The Works!

There's been a little chatter here and there about us filming a few shows this summer for potential release on DVD and among the countless internet rumors, these ones are actually true! We thought it would be cool to document a few shows that are unique and sure to be extra memorable for us, and hopefully for you too . . . first up are the three sold out shows in Mexico City, Mexico at Foro Sol on June 4, 6, 7 and later this summer, we also plan to have the cameras rolling at the sold out show in Nimes, France at Arenes de Nimes, the historic Roman amphitheatre where we'll be on July 7.
For any Metallica friends going to these shows, bring your war faces and don't be scared of the cameras!!

As usual, more to come...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:37 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

yeah. the last 3 shows they just played last week in Mexico City were filmed along with the Nimes show. im a little dissapointed that they arent using the in the round stage since that represents the World Magnetic tour though. i hope they somehow film Nimes in the round even though that would be hard to do outdoors. however it is possible. anyways im really looking forward to this.

they are also filming the first 3 (of 5) Copengagen shows and two North American shows for a 6th Fan Can (for those in the MetClub) that will be shot by the fans *0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:28 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Lamb of God will be the main support act september through november.

From the Metallica website

Lamb of God will be the main support act on all dates from September through November.

i have a question. when they say "main support act" does that mean that they will be the only support act or just the second support act to hit the stage? basically im saying, will their be an additional support act (since thier bassically has been two all tour) or just Lamb Of God?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:39 am 

I think by "main support act" they mean the band that will open for them that whole leg of the tour. There may also be another slot that one or two bands rotate through.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:47 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

yeah. i think there will be an additional support act on top of log because on metallica.com it said "Lamb of God added as a support act."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:17 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

More Opening Act News
7/8/2009 [ back ]

In addition to Lamb of God . . .
from metallica.com

"While we are still enjoying our European summer vacation, a quick note here about the Fall shows in North America. Our French friends Gojira will be joining us, along with Lamb of God, for shows September 14 – October 18, while Lars' brethren from Denmark Volbeat will hanging for the shows October 26 – December 12. One other quick thing – unfortunately Lamb of God cannot continue on with us in December, so we'll have more news about those shows for you later.

See you out there!"

well now we know who the other opening acts will be

also audio from the Nimes show that was filmed for dvd is streaming at [url]wormee.com[/url]. all you have to do is sign up with the website and its free. it will be streaming untill the 15th.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:04 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

demon wrote:
yeah. the last 3 shows they just played last week in Mexico City were filmed along with the Nimes show. im a little dissapointed that they arent using the in the round stage since that represents the World Magnetic tour though. i hope they somehow film Nimes in the round even though that would be hard to do outdoors. however it is possible. anyways im really looking forward to this.

they are also filming the first 3 (of 5) Copengagen shows and two North American shows for a 6th Fan Can (for those in the MetClub) that will be shot by the fans *0

make that all 5 Copenhagen shows now!! filiming starts tomorow! (depending on when this gets posted)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:36 pm 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:08 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

and the answer to did he stop practicing is no. he practices every day before a show with the rest of the band. as far as practicing by himself i think i read somewhere that he does.

on a side note Metallica will be playing a very special concert. from metallica.com

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 25th Anniversary Concerts
7/22/2009 [ back ]

Wow . . . did they really invite us to be a part of these shows? We could not be more honored to be participating in a two night series of concerts at Madison Square Garden in New York that will benefit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. Get this - we're playing with U2, Eric Clapton and Aretha Franklin on October 30! Night number one on October 29 will include Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Stevie Wonder, Simon and Garfunkel, Paul Simon, and Crosby, Stills, Nash and friends . . . and our friends at the Hall of Fame tell us there will be more great artists, but that it's all still top secret.

Tickets will be available for purchase with an American Express card through www.ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000 from 6:00 AM PDT (9:00 AM EDT) Monday, July 27, through Sunday, August 2 at 6:00 PM PDT (9:00 PM EDT). Tickets will be on sale to the general public beginning Monday, August 3 at 6:00 AM PDT (9:00 AM EDT). For more information about the event, ticket prices, and on sale information, check out www.rockhall25.com.

We hope that you can join us there for this amazing line-up!

- - - - - - - - - -

Official Press Release

THE ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME CELEBRATES ITS 25TH ANNIVERSARY WITH TWO GROUNDBREAKING CONCERTS

U2, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Simon & Garfunkel, Metallica, Paul Simon, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, Crosby, Stills Nash & Friends and Eric Clapton along with Special Guests Set to Perform in Concert at Madison Square Garden

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - July 22, 2009: Music's biggest stars - Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, U2, Paul Simon, Metallica, Eric Clapton, Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Friends, Simon and Garfunkel - will come together on October 29th and 30th at Madison Square Garden for two unique concerts celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The shows, presented by American Express, will be packed with guest stars and unique collaborations designed to tell the story of rock and roll. American Express® Cardmembers have access to advance tickets through ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000 starting 9 a.m. on Monday, July 27th. Additional sponsorship support for the event is being provided by Bacardi.

Each night will feature entirely different line-ups, with artists performing their own songs and the music that inspired them -tracing the history of genres ranging from soul to hard rock. All proceeds raised will go towards creating a permanent endowment for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation and Museum. "Twenty-five years ago a group led by legendary Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun created this foundation to recognize and celebrate the music and careers of artists whose music helped shape and define our generation" said Jann Wenner, Founder and Chairman of Rolling Stone and Chairman of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. "These once-in-a-lifetime concerts are designed to celebrate the artists and their music."

A creative team of Tom Hanks and his producing partner Gary Goetzman, Wenner, singer-songwriter Robbie Robertson, Academy Award-winning screenwriter, director Cameron Crowe and several others will work with the artists to curate the show through the live performances and filmed segments. Joel Gallen, the producer/director behind the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies and the MTV Movie Awards (1995-2006), will direct the show and oversee the 25th Anniversary Celebration along with the creative consultants.

This event is being presented in conjunction with the American Express Concert Series. American Express offers Cardmembers the exclusive opportunity to purchase advanced tickets to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation 25th Anniversary Celebration, prior to public. Tickets will be available for purchase with an American Express Card through ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000, from 9 a.m. Monday, July 27th, through Sunday, August 2nd at 9 p.m. Tickets will be on sale to the general public beginning Monday, August 3rd at 9 a.m.

The Rock and Roll of Fame Foundation and Museum's anniversary celebration will also extend beyond the concerts, with both a book and a deluxe DVD set to be released this fall. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: The First 25 Years, chronicling 25 years of induction ceremonies, will be published by Collins Design (an imprint of HarperCollins) in September. In August, Time Life will issue a nine-DVD boxed set of highlights of the past induction ceremonies, featuring speeches and all-star performances, many that have never before seen by the public.

Performing on October 29th will be:
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
Simon & Garfunkel
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Friends
Paul Simon
Stevie Wonder

Performing on October 30th will be:
Eric Clapton
Aretha Franklin
Metallica
U2

About the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation and Museum: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation was established 25 years ago by legendary record executive Ahmet Ertegun and a group of music business executives to honor the artists that have defined rock and roll and have inspired and continue to inspire a generation. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is the nonprofit organization that exists to educate visitors, fans and scholars from around the world about the history and continuing significance of rock and roll music. It carries out this mission both through its operation of a world-class museum designed by I.M. Pei in Cleveland, Ohio that collects, preserves, exhibits and interprets this art form and through its library and archives as well as educational programs.

make that the third metallica show in MSG and the 5th in New York!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:29 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Alex wrote:
Kirk's solo in this song was so atrocious, I just had to post it. It looks like he truly does get worse with age. Did he stop practicing?

Fast forward to 3:45.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjvajNHPewY

:lol: that appears to be the case Alex . That, and the wah pedal is getting a little old too. He relies on it wayyyy to much nowadays.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:57 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
Alex wrote:
Kirk's solo in this song was so atrocious, I just had to post it. It looks like he truly does get worse with age. Did he stop practicing?

:lol: that appears to be the case Alex . That, and the wah pedal is getting a little old too. He relies on it wayyyy to much nowadays.

sounds like if you play something wrong in guitar hero XD But that MesaBoogie tone is cool... to bad as you say he wah-wah it to the grave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:04 am 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

ReXiX wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:
Alex wrote:

sounds like if you play something wrong in guitar hero XD But that MesaBoogie tone is cool... to bad as you say he wah-wah it to the grave

:lol: It does sound similar to that yeah. I too like the tone from a mesa (an example would be Petrucci's tones). Such a shame.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:48 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ibanez122 wrote:

:lol: It does sound similar to that yeah. I too like the tone from a mesa (an example would be Petrucci's tones). Such a shame.

Avril = Win

Andy Timmons mesa is incredible aswell =)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:11 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

Avril = scab and poser :lol:

Mesa amps have no business being featured Pop/mainstream music :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:18 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ibanez122 wrote:

Your mom is scab and poser <3 :lol: *LOL*LOL*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:51 pm 
Madman Poster
Madman Poster

ReXiX wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:

:lol: that wasnt really necessary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:14 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ibanez122 wrote:

dont you like pop/mainstream music?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:04 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ibanez122 wrote:
ReXiX wrote:
ibanez122 wrote:

:lol: that wasnt really necessary

haha indeed not XD Mesa amps has alot of buisness to be in mainstream music becuse it has that american rock tone. Like Paramore uses it, Avril uses it, Rammstein uses it (mainstream) lets just say that every kid in a emoband longs for having a mesa when they get famous =)

Avril = hot + good vocalist

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13