It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Metallica New Album Cover
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:32 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

HOLY sh*t METALLICA JUST BLEW ME AWAY. Got to the Verizon Center at about 3:00 then we were let in at 5:15. Ran to the rail and waited for the opeing act. The first band was the Sword was ok all there songs sounded the same and the guitars and vocals were waaaaay down in the mix. Then Machine Head came up same thing all the songs sounded alike and the rythem section was really high in the mix, but they made up for it with being very funny and throwing whisky on us. at about 9:00 Metallica came on with "That Was Just Your Life" & "The End Of The Line" 2 great songs off the new album. During those songs they had killer lights going. Then came "The Four Horsemen", "Harvestor of Sorrow", and "One" out of the 3 the best was "One". Sadly there was no pyro due to something big happening in Boston next week. After that "Broken, Beat And Scarred", "Cyanide", "Sad But True", "Wherever I May Roam", "All Nightmare Long", and "The Day That Never Comes". I was supprised how well the stuff off the Black album went, I really dont like the cd to much but I really got into the stuff live. Best out of those numbers was "All Nightmare Long". The song was full of energy and Lars started running around during breaks in the drumming. Next up was "Master Of Puppets" & "Battery" to of my favorite songs. During "Puppets" they brought back the lazers which cool. For the first quarter of the song Kirk played 7 feet away from me then James came over and sang the verse, chorus, melodic break down, and his solo 7 feet in front of me which was just one of the coolest things ever. After "Puppets" they jumped into "Battery" during which James kept making funny faces at us during Kirks solo and rocked his mic stand back and forth trying to make it fall over, finaly it did and James laughed, said "f**k" and ran to another mic to sing the rest of the song. Then came "Nothing Else Matters" & "Enter Sandman" both went very well, the ending on "Sandman" was really cool they kept doing douple stops which gave it an interesting sound. They took a fake break and came back with "Die, Die My Darling", "Motorbreath" and "Seek and Destroy" all three were great expecially "Die, Die My Darling" and "Seek". During "Seek" they realeased a bunch of black beach balls with Metallica writen on them and the band kept kicking them at the crowd. Then they really did stop and Lars gave his drum sticks away to a guy next to me. :cry: but Kirk made up for it by tossing me a pick :D They thanked us and said how much better DC was than Detroit, and said they would be coming back very soon. Greatest Show Ever.

Guitars Kirk Played:
Kh-2's - Quija, Dracula, Mummy, "Kirks Guitar", a black one with a chrome pick guard, and some egyptian one

Red ESP Flying V

Black Gibson Les Paul Custom

Jackson Randy Rhoads

Guitars James Played:
Explorers - White one with cobwebs on it, Black one with black pick guard, wood one with crazy inlays

Gibson Les Laul "Iron Cross"

ESP Trucksters - a Black one & a Silver one

Flying V's - White Gibson, and a chrome one

Couldnt tell what Rob was using I know he used a white Fender Presitiona at one point.

Lars had a sparkalie orange drum kit

Pics:
End Of The Line solo
Seek And Destroy solo
James getting everyone to clap really fast
Kirk saying "You mother f****** are mother f**king loud".
Rob getting everyone to say "HOOGH"
Lars saing "You f**king guys were f**king great and we will f**king be back very f**king soon" :lol:

Last edited by Cole on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:20 am 
Tribute Poster
Tribute Poster

xx123456

Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:07 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Yeah! Metallica IS a liveband! you can sit and talk sh*t about them on youtube and whatever BUT when you see them live all those people are standing there singing with the lyrics.

Metallica is aboute 30% on their albums... Live they are MINDBLOWING :)

I like that they have a cunning stunt´s kind of stage :O

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:27 pm 

Glad you had a blast, Cole. They were great when I saw them in Tulsa in November, too. *r*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:14 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ReXiX wrote:
Yeah! Metallica IS a liveband! Live they are MINDBLOWING :)

I like that they have a cunning stunt´s kind of stage :O
I agree 100% even if you listen to there old bootlegs from it sounds 10 times better than the album, and the albums sound f**king amazing.

Thanks Rick and Alex. Enjoyed is the understatement of the year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:35 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Cole you are a lucky sob!!!! =P~

just curious, anyone know why KH always has his right hand taped up like seen in these pics? ive noticed that awhile ago..

Right behind you, I see the millions. On you, I see the glory. From you, I get opinions. From you, I get the story. Listening to you, I get the music. Gazing at you, I get the heat. Following you, I climb the mountain. I get excitement at your feet!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:40 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Damage Inc. wrote:
Cole you are a lucky sob!!!! =P~

just curious, anyone know why KH always has his right hand taped up like seen in these pics? ive noticed that awhile ago..
damn straight Damage. Are you going to the Uniondale NY show?

Oh and the hand cover a part in Kirks hand that when he picks rips open.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:55 pm 

Oh, and most of the basses Robert plays are Fernandes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:00 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

I thought Rob & Metallica got in some legal argument with Fernades and he said he wouldn't use their basses anymore? Or maybe it was he wouldnt endorse them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:23 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Ha! My friend was at that show. He told me he got back at 3 in the morning and he could bearly talk today. :lol:

Awesome to see Kirk still play one of Randy's guitars.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:51 am 

Cole wrote:
I thought Rob & Metallica got in some legal argument with Fernades and he said he wouldn't use their basses anymore? Or maybe it was he wouldnt endorse them.

He still plays them, but Fernandes was running ads with pics of Rob and using the "Metallica" logo in them, and they didn't have permission to use the Metallica name and logo because the band as a whole has an endorsement deal with ESP, so Fernandes was issued a cease and desist order regarding running future advertisements that mention Metallica. Rob still plays Fernandes and appears at music equipment events for them, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:55 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

rickhawk80 wrote:
Cole wrote:

He still plays them, but Fernandes was running ads with pics of Rob and using the "Metallica" logo in them, and they didn't have permission to use the Metallica name and logo because the band as a whole has an endorsement deal with ESP, so Fernandes was issued a cease and desist order regarding running future advertisements that mention Metallica. Rob still plays Fernandes and appears at music equipment events for them, etc.
Ohh I was under the impression that they were sued by Metallica.

Robs basses with the drawing looked quite cool. He kept pouring water bottles all over himself the whole show and I though he was gonna get electricuted or something. :lol: people say he dosent move at all but hes all ways makeing faces and squating really low and at the end of "Seek" he did that thing where he spins in a circle with his basses is one hand.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:36 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Kirk also played Sails of Charon for his first solo doodle in front of me and I screamed out "SCORPIONS" and he smiled. Its the little things that really make you happy. Man todays been great been listening to the boot all day and been on cloud 9 since the show. And I just entered to go to the R&R Hall O' Fame ceremony. *r*

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:34 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

MikeyRhoads wrote:
Ha! My friend was at that show. He told me he got back at 3 in the morning and he could bearly talk today. :lol:

Dude you cant come out from a Metallica concert without NOT having your voice all blown out! i had like 4 old people screaming "DIE DIE DIE!" in creeping death right beside me! and then when the show ended they was like "That Kirk Hammet guy surely knows how to play guitar" And i said to them with the TINY voice i had left "yeah but i´m just allitle better ;)" and they laughed at me! hahaha :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:31 am 

Since this has sort of become the unofficial "new Metallica stuff" thread, I thought I'd add the latest here:

METALLICA Performs 'The Judas Kiss' For First Time; Pro-Shot Footage Available
Feb. 26, 2009

Official Metallica.com video footage of METALLICA performing the song "The Judas Kiss" for the first time last night (Wednesday, February 25) at the kick-off show of the band's current European tour at the Trent FM Arena in Nottingham, England can be viewed below.

The group's setlist was as follows:

01. That Was Just Your Life
02. The End Of The Line
03. The Four Horsemen
04. Leper Messiah
05. One
06. Broken, Beat And Scarred
07. The Judas Kiss
08. Sad But True
09. No Leaf Clover
10. All Nightmare Long
11. The Day That Never Comes
12. Master Of Puppets
13. Fight Fire With Fire
14. Nothing Else Matters
15. Enter Sandman
------------------------------------
16. Breadfan
17. Helpless
18. Seek And Destroy

METALLICA is issuing a digital "box set" called "The Complete Metallica" that will feature the band's entire 163-track recorded catalog. According to the band's publicist, the package will be available exclusively through iTunes beginning on March 31, before surfacing at all other digital outlets on April 28.

"The Complete Metallica" will include all nine of METALLICA's studio albums, including the current "Death Magnetic", the 1998 covers collection "Garage Inc.", 1999's concert set "S&M", the 2004 EP "Some Kind of Monster", the 2007 EP "Live From Live Earth", and "I Disappear" from the 2000 "Mission Impossible 2" soundtrack. Buyers will also receive eight bonus live tracks: "The Four Horseman", "Whiplash", "For Whom The Bell Tolls", "Creeping Death", "Battery", "The Thing That Should Not Be", "One", and "...And Justice For All".

The set is expected to retail for under $100.

Bassist Robert Trujillo told The Pulse of Radio that METALLICA's catalog is so extensive that the band doesn't necessarily remember how to play all of it. "OK, if you go album to album, like, we know everything on 'Master Of Puppets', you know," he said. "We know almost everything on 'Ride The Lightning'. So all the early stuff, for the most part, we've got covered. A lot of the 'Load' and 'Reload' stuff, we've only dabbled in, you know, a handful of songs. 'St. Anger', OK, we played the whole album at one point for the DVD, and 'Death Magnetic', I can play the whole album right now. I don't know about the other guys, but (laughs) I've done my homework on that one."

"The Complete Metallica" will arrive just two days after the March 29 release of Guitar Hero: Metallica, and four days before the band is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland on April 4.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115194

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:46 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

That is sick Rickhawk! I just got this album and love it! Especially the Day That Never Comes!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:32 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Metallica canceled their 2nd gig in Globen in Stockholm last night becuse James was ill and had to go to the hospital! he is okay though ...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:23 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

i know that sucks. anyone know when he is coming out. good thing he got sick before a 2 week brake.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:29 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

nevermind. i just read hes out already. thats good news :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:44 am 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

He ate Indian food and got food poisoning.

Right behind you, I see the millions. On you, I see the glory. From you, I get opinions. From you, I get the story. Listening to you, I get the music. Gazing at you, I get the heat. Following you, I climb the mountain. I get excitement at your feet!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:00 pm 
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Cole wrote:
Kirk also played Sails of Charon for his first solo doodle in front of me and I screamed out "SCORPIONS" and he smiled. Its the little things that really make you happy.

I agree with you 100%

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:29 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

heres a message from james from metallica.com

Message From James
3/10/2009 [ back ]

Hey there,
James here, alive, at about 80% but getting better. I want to say sorry for missing the second Stockholm gig on Sunday due to illness. The cause/diagnosis at the hospital was narrowed down to either a 24hr virus or a bad oyster...yes, hate to admit, an oyster could have taken me down.

I acknowledge and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused fans who had travelled near and far for the show. I had done everything possible to make it, and was at the point of falling if I stood up. On a lighter note since my illness, the support band 'Swedish Oyster Cult' will be thrown off the tour. More Cowbell?...More barf bagz!!

Thanx for your understanding and support. It's not without notice from the whole 'Tallica Touring Family.

With Love and Respect,
James 'papa het'

its good to know hes doing better

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:58 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

good to see James if getting better that must have been one bad oyster for him to be hospitalized.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:36 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

ReXiX wrote:
MikeyRhoads wrote:

And i said to them with the TINY voice i had left "yeah but i´m just allitle better ;)" and they laughed at me! hahaha :D

No offense but I can't tell if you are serious. Do you think you are better than Kirk?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:39 am 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

i heard a LOL-sad story yesterday about a unemployed guy saving his money to go to see metallica! and he lived in the northenest part of sweden... and he bought hotel room and everything for Metallica down in Stockholm like 800km´s from home XD and then then Tallica played their first gig and he was getting ready for HIS gig... but they canceled XD Talk about irony!

OffTheScales wrote:
ReXiX wrote:
MikeyRhoads wrote:

And i said to them with the TINY voice i had left "yeah but i´m just allitle better ;)" and they laughed at me! hahaha :D

No offense but I can't tell if you are serious. Do you think you are better than Kirk?

Lol yes? i was as good as kirk when i was 15 dude... if i was around in the 80´s i would have played circles around him. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:42 pm 

Last night I bought the mp3 download of the Nottingham concert I posted about earlier in this thread. Holy cow! Great sounding show and fantastic setlist. Well worth $10.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:49 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

And i said to them with the TINY voice i had left "yeah but i´m just allitle better ;)" and they laughed at me! hahaha :D[/quote]

No offense but I can't tell if you are serious. Do you think you are better than Kirk?[/quote]

Lol yes? i was as good as kirk when i was 15 dude... if i was around in the 80´s i would have played circles around him. :mrgreen:[/quote]

I'm really not quite sure man sure you are really good. But Kirk has made so many classic metal riffs I don't know if you are up to him yet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:02 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

OffTheScales wrote:
ReXiX wrote:
OffTheScales wrote:

Lol yes? i was as good as kirk when i was 15 dude... if i was around in the 80´s i would have played circles around him. :mrgreen:

I'm really not quite sure man sure you are really good. But Kirk has made so many classic metal riffs I don't know if you are up to him yet.
No offense to Kirk but he didnt really write much Enter Sandman was the big one and Creeping Death. James is the driving force behind Metallica.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:15 pm 
Moderator/Admin
Moderator/Admin

Cole wrote:
No offense to Kirk but he didnt really write much Enter Sandman was the big one and Creeping Death.

I think you're mi-informed on Kirk's writing. No disrepect to James, who yes, is the driving force and majority writer in Metallica but in Kirk's defense he does have co-writing credits on both "Enter Sandman" and "Creeping Death". In "Creeping Death" Kirk supplied not only the solo but the bridge from an old song he wrote with Exodus titled "Die By His Hand" (Which you can see ended up in the lyrics of "Creeping Death as well). :wink:

Also Kirk has writing credits on"Unforgiven", "Fade To Black", "Welcome Home Sanitarium", "Master Of Puppets", "Trapped Under Ice", "Escape", "The Thing That Should Not Be", "Disposable Heroes", "Damage Inc" (music all by Kirk), "And Justice For All", "Eye Of The Beholder", "Frayed Ends Of Sanity", "Dyers Eve" (music all by Kirk), "Through The Never", "Of Wolf And Man", etc. No he didn't co-write "One" or "Nothing Else Matters" (I care not. :lol: ).

So no Kirk hasn't just been along for a free ride. He has contributed plenty to songs that made Metallica famous in the underground and the mainstream.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:07 pm 
Blizzard Poster
Blizzard Poster

Cole wrote:
No offense to Kirk but he didnt really write much Enter Sandman was the big one and Creeping Death. James is the driving force behind Metallica.

That is so true =)

Well of course, Kirk has done some cool riffs i cant deny that. But when coming to the most work done... its probably James who have done the coolest riffs. And Kirk´s lead playing is weaak... sure it was a great inspiration to get me starting playing when i was 10 =) but when i got 15 i found out about Paul Gilbert and never looked back ^^

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next